Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The X portion of CBR is mostly females...they act like Gambit is great..they hate Scarlet Witch and can't even make a coherent post about her without whining or trolling...love the most obscure fukking characters anyone has ever heard of.....try to act like Morrison's run is near Claremont's...whines about Jean Grey....whines about the Magneto family....has a weird love for Sage..and acts like Cyclops has mattered past his push since 2007. LOL@some of their top 10 A listers lists. It's hilarious. They think Cyclops and Jean Grey are as big as Rogue and Storm in the mainstream. Jean is usually more talked about dead than alive and all you gotta do is look at the movies and the shows to see how relevant Cyclops is compared to anyone else who matters.
:umad:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was better than any X-Men run since Claremont in his heyday except for da gawd Morrison's.

Like you just said, Morrison's run was better (though that's overrated also). Being the best during a down period for the franchise doesn't make it one of the 100 best comic book runs of all time.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The X portion of CBR is mostly females...they act like Gambit is great..they hate Scarlet Witch and can't even make a coherent post about her without whining or trolling...love the most obscure fukking characters anyone has ever heard of.....try to act like Morrison's run is near Claremont's...whines about Jean Grey....whines about the Magneto family....has a weird love for Sage..and acts like Cyclops has mattered past his push since 2007. LOL@some of their top 10 A listers lists. It's hilarious. They think Cyclops and Jean Grey are as big as Rogue and Storm in the mainstream. Jean is usually more talked about dead than alive and all you gotta do is look at the movies and the shows to see how relevant Cyclops is compared to anyone else who matters.
Cykes and Jean are bigger than Storm and Rogue :yeshrug:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cyclops is my favorite X-Man but Storm and Rogue are more popular. Cyclops is more important to the franchise than they are, but they're more popular overall. I do think Cyclops popularity is underrated though, there's a reason why so many people complain about how he went out in X3.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Cyclops is my favorite X-Man but Storm and Rogue are more popular. Cyclops is more important to the franchise than they are, but they're more popular overall. I do think Cyclops popularity is underrated though, there's a reason why so many people complain about how he went out in X3.
yeah but the mainstream popularity is useless when it comes to the actual comics. Blade is more popular to the mainstream audience than half of Marvel but can't hold an ongoing, same with Storm and Rogue. I remember that Storm mini sold terribly

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but the mainstream popularity is useless when it comes to the actual comics. Blade is more popular to the mainstream audience than half of Marvel but can't hold an ongoing, same with Storm and Rogue. I remember that Storm mini sold terribly

Storm has had a couple of mini series that have bombed. Some character just don't work as solo heroes and are most effective in team settings (most of the X-Men fall into this category).

I'm not sure what the fukk is up with Storm in the comics right now. Them racist X-fans are just happy she's not with Black Panther anymore and are content with her just being smutted out by Wolverine and disrespected by all the other X-chicks.

They got Rogue playing the militant white girl Uncanny Avengers.

I like what they're doing with the actual Cyclops character, I just hate how they're having other characters react to him. Cyke is on point with the majority of the shyt he's doing and saying, so when they have other characters try and talk shyt to him it just comes across as them being stupid. Every time they tried to pop shyt to Cyclops during BOTA shyt rang hollow as fukk.

As for Blade the reason his comics fail is because they refuse to make the character like the one of the film. Wesley's Snipes take on blade is what people want but instead they want to give people that bullshyt version that's british, that they maimed, and that they made half white.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Nah...Rogue is one of the most iconic women in Marvel. Storm won a worldwide popularity contest of Wonder Woman. Jean nor Cyclops has never and never will be that big. Jean and Cyclops stories almost led to the cancellation of the X franchise before Claremont got it in 75 with the new diverse cast of Storm,Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Banshee, Colossus, etc.

As for minis? Cyclops isn't even allowed to have minis yet alone get his own comic. He has never had storylines that have mattered until this mediocre run that the X-franchise has been under since House of M. Jean? LOL. Yeah right.She died off for nearly 10 years and no one gave a fukk. Her name gets mentioned at conventions in NY and San Diego and the crowd cheers when the panel says she's not coming back? Disgusting.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah...Rogue is one of the most iconic women in Marvel. Storm won a worldwide popularity contest of Wonder Woman. Jean nor Cyclops has never and never will be that big. Jean and Cyclops stories almost led to the cancellation of the X franchise before Claremont got it in 75 with the new diverse cast of Storm,Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Banshee, Colossus, etc.

Lets not act like the most popular and critically acclaimed X-Men story ever didn't focus on Jean and Cyclops.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Huh? The book that sold the most is a Magneto story and it's the most popular story BY FAR of anything that ever came from the X franchise. The Phoenix stuff was just 80s writing done right by Claremont....but then he fleshed out origins and created all kind of classic stories. No one ever demanded for Cyclops to come back after he died in 2000. They just brought him back and tried to push an edge on him because he was always boring and never counted in the grand scheme. It was always Magneto and Xavier at the end of the all the X-overs. He got sonned to DEATH by Stryfe in X Cutioner's Song. They white washed his whole deal with Madelyne Pryor when he ran out on her. He's been a lackluster character for 70% of his run.

Jean Grey? Usually just a victim character that got put in the middle of that Cyclops and Wolverine shyt. It was like they never had the balls to put her with Wolverine but made sure she never whored or outright cheated.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? The book that sold the most is a Magneto story and it's the most popular story BY FAR of anything that ever came from the X franchise. The Phoenix stuff was just 80s writing done right by Claremont....but then he fleshed out origins and created all kind of classic stories. No one ever demanded for Cyclops to come back after he died in 2000. They just brought him back and tried to push an edge on him because he was always boring and never counted in the grand scheme. It was always Magneto and Xavier at the end of the all the X-overs. He got sonned to DEATH by Stryfe in X Cutioner's Song. They white washed his whole deal with Madelyne Pryor when he ran out on her. He's been a lackluster character for 70% of his run.

Jean Grey? Usually just a victim character that got put in the middle of that Cyclops and Wolverine shyt. It was like they never had the balls to put her with Wolverine but made sure she never whored or outright cheated.

:stopitslime:

Dude stop, the Phoenix Saga is the definitive X-Men story, it's the one most fans (both casual and hardcore) know about, it's the one that's been adapted for other mediums the most.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Phoenix story is the definite Jean Grey story..it damn sure isn't what defined the X-Franchise. The rivalry between Magneto and Xavier is the plate which everyone ate off.

When they tried to throw the Phoenix story into the movies..the 3rd one? It got bashed to no end. They focused First Class, which was supposed to have been Magneto: Origins, into a Magneto POV movie and it's critically favored and sequels are going forward. Go figure.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Phoenix story is the definite Jean Grey story..it damn sure isn't what defined the X-Franchise. The rivalry between Magneto and Xavier is the plate which everyone ate off.

:dead:

That's what the focused on in the early years of the series when it was struggling. The series took off when Magneto and Xavier were downplayed for the new characters introduced. The Phoenix Saga is THE X-men story.

When they tried to throw the Phoenix story into the movies..the 3rd one? It got bashed to no end. They focused First Class, which was supposed to have been Magneto: Origins, into a Magneto POV movie and it's critically favored and sequels are going forward. Go figure.

The third X-Men movie got bashed because it was a shyt movie, not because they tried doing the Phoenix saga. People had been clamoring for the Phoenix saga to be done on the big screen before the second film had even been made.

X-Men origins was critically priased because it was just a better film, not soley because Magneto was in it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The 60s revolved around Magneto and Xavier? That's news to me. It was just creating new villains and faking deaths every other month. The storylines didn't become fleshed out until Claremont used his genius to create. He fleshed out Magneto into the most popular Marvel villain of all time. He gave Storm depth. Gave you the Kitty Pryde POV character. Created Madelyne Pryor...made Jean seem important after her floundering for nearly 20 years. The Hellfire Club. The new Mutants run.

The third movie forced an unnecessary and unwnanted Phoenix plot. Apocalypse or Sinister should of been brought in and do the typical Magneto team up like they've ALWAYS done against those kind of threats. And it always made huge money...as the Age of Apocalypse proved.

X-Men Origins high points that EVERYONE points out and brings up are the Magneto James Bond type scenes. You can't find a review of it that doesn't praise that the most. It's not even close. When you have a credible sympathetic villain who you can see the inner workings of, it will always draw. shyt...that's why the X franchise has lasted this long. When Magneto's story came to light under Claremont, the franchise got taken serious because you didn't just have these one dimensional villains and the stupid every X-Man loves Jean Grey subplot.

LOL@Magneto and Xavier being downplayed. It took to what? 2005 and beyond? And these are seen as mediocre times. Morrison played off of Claremont's themes like everyone else who wrote the franchise but he always intended to use Magneto as the backbone of his run. That Xorn shyt started in that 2001 Annual after he first came on and it was plot all along. No one knew he was gonna make a mockery out of the villain that made the X-Men credible to being with for a shyt character like "Sublime". LOL. They retconned that ULTRA quick. 3 months later? Magneto is back? Jean Grey? Been dead since 2004. Sad.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11...s-to-transform-san-francisco-into-gotham-city

On November 15th the Make-A-Wish Foundation will turn an adorable five-year-old named Miles into Batman. Miles is fighting leukemia and, in addition to giving the kid a costume, a Batmobile, a sidekick, TWO supervillains, and an official call for help from the freakin’ police chief, the event will feature a cast of thousands.

Miles' Batman will "battle" both Riddler and Penguin, the latter of whom will be "kidnapping a famous Gotham City mascot." There will be a "car chase," a damsel in distress, all the requisite elements of a Batman adventure.

"The [Penguin's] getaway car will be visible on Union Square (a convertible so that everyone can see what is happening), and the chase will be on!," according to SFGate.com. "After catching the Penguin, Batman will make his final stop at City Hall, where the Mayor and the Police Chief of Gotham City will thank him and give him the key to the city."

So instead of a city getting the hero it needs, a little hero is getting the city he deserves. Excuse me for a moment. I think I’ve got something in my eye.

:salute: