Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
What descent ? The sentinels and the hellfire club were running a muck . Wolverine went too far because the kids have a right to fight for their homes and safety if they want ! They aren't babies and as mutants especially . If he thought Scott was so wrong then he gave him the opportunity to take it too a vote where if he won he could help shape all the remaining mutants ( at the time;) destiny . He chickened out by half assing it since him and Scott both have valid view points that are better working together for mutant kind

The descent into a moral grey area that Cyclops has been entering since Eve of Destruction.

I'm not saying Cyclops's decisions from EoD and beyond were bad and not well-thought out, but they were clearly getting more and more morally ambiguous. Cyclops is the self appointed leader of the X-Men and more or less the mutant race, the methods he chooses to take will be followed (and likely to an extreme level) by all those that follow him. Over the years, Wolverine has seen these decision become less and less like the Cyclops he knew. It has NEVER sat right with Logan.

As far as Schism specifically, Cyclops was faced with a lot of hard decisions and many of which effected the lives of the kids and I understand each choice he made, but Logan took the stance that he shouldn't even be placing kids in those situations in the first place. Logan has always been willing to be "the fall guy" for Cyclops, from X-Force and beyond but he is NOT ok with Cyclops doing that with people not built for that life.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They had Cyclops draped in Magneto costume back in 2009 for that Fear Itself thing..so the writers have had a long plan to push Cyclops as something more than the mutant version of Captain America for years. They kept him and Emma in your face for who knows how long. All the while acting like Jean Grey never existed. She was rarely brought up until the Original 5 came back in All New X-Men.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
So with the talk of Nightwing dying what would happen to his books?

I get the trades so I hope they don't kill him off

Idgaf about superboy so they can kill him off

Apparently Cyborg is gonna get some shine in Forever evil finally

The superboy story is actually interesting, good to see a different side of someone who could potentially live up to the cape..

The whole future son of clark and lois was ehhhh though

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quiet as kept, Cyclops is actually a very pragmatic character/person. Cyclops is a hero because he was raised to be one, if he was raised to be a villain, despite him always being an honorable person, he would have become a villain. Age of Apocalypse Cyclops more or less proved this theory to be correct.

Wolverine on the otherhand is a very idealistic character, and he's the last person you'd think to be one, but its true. Wolverine has had LITERALLY the most miserable sack of shyt life of any character in comics, bar none. He's literally been abused, mentally and physically controlled, hunted down and corrupted his whole life. Had just one of the things Wolverine has had to endure happened to another character, they'd be a villain by now, but not Logan. Despite everything he's endured he STILL tries to be a hero and a good person (despite not really knowing an effective way to do it). He feels that he is sort of beyond redemption which is why he doesn't mind being "the fall guy" for his friends because people are always going to look at him as a killer and murderer no matter how many heroic things he does.

As this relates to Schism, part of the reason Wolverine took it so personally is that he needed/expected Cyclops to remain the responsible one once shyt got real for the X-Men but he saw the descent Cyclops was on and that he was unapologetic about it. It reached a point that they were making each other worse and worse and Cyclops was gonna continue their descent if he didn't stop it. That's why Wolverine kept X-Force around after Cyclops "disbanded" the team. Wolverine understands the underworld and knows that you just don't kill a group and its over, you now are part of that world forever, which is why he had such an issue with getting these young and inexperienced kids involved with that.

Cyclops wasn't getting kids involved with X-Force though (outside of Laura). The other kids were doing standard X-Men type shyt, hell it wasn't even that, they were literally just defending themselves during an attack.

The most dumbfounding thing about all of this is Cyclops wasn't even going as far as Xavier was in terms of kids fighting. The original X-men were teenagers, The all New All Different team wasn't that much older (same goes for the Deadly Genesis team), The New Mutants clique were all teams (and Rahne was also a self hating mutant), None of the kids in Generation X were over 18, The New Mutants/New X-Men kids were all under 18.

It makes no fukking sense why it now all of a sudden became a problem when most people never had shyt to say about it for years before.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The superboy story is actually interesting, good to see a different side of someone who could potentially live up to the cape..

The whole future son of clark and lois was ehhhh though
I was digging the Superboy book at first it then got mad trash same with the adjectiveless Superman book

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll never understand why DC was so dead set of fukking up Connor Kent before all this Nu52 bullshyt. That was an interesting character that had a solid fan base.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superman book started out trash but i liked it as it went on but now its pointless half of the villains is like ehhh, doesnt seem as exciting as batman or x men

Seems like they didn't really have any plans for Superman outside of Morrison's initial Action Comics origin and Justice League. That's how it's been with Superman for years now, they'll be about a years of good stuff then 3 years of straight bullshyt.

Batman goes back and forth between just decent to really good. I haven't been super crazy about anything since Morrison's run though.

Wonder Woman is the best it's been in years.

Flash is decent.

Green Lantern has been in a steady decline since Sinestro Corps War.

Justice League is medicore, and still a clusterfukk in terms of continuity.

Teen Titans is utter shyt and has been for a LONG time.

The best shyt at DC seems to be the things that are mostly self contained. The biggest problem with that company by far seems to be the editors, rampant cronyism, and probably too much involvement from WB execs.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Seems like they didn't really have any plans for Superman outside of Morrison's initial Action Comics origin and Justice League. That's how it's been with Superman for years now, they'll be about a years of good stuff then 3 years of straight bullshyt.

Batman goes back and forth between just decent to really good. I haven't been super crazy about anything since Morrison's run though.

Wonder Woman is the best it's been in years.

Flash is decent.

Green Lantern has been in a steady decline since Sinestro Corps War.

Justice League is medicore, and still a clusterfukk in terms of continuity.

Teen Titans is utter shyt and has been for a LONG time.

The best shyt at DC seems to be the things that are mostly self contained. The biggest problem with that company by far seems to be the editors, rampant cronyism, and probably too much involvement from WB execs.

Out of all of them Batman is really the best, since court of owls shyts been dope non stop...

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
And the thing is he's not going the Magneto Path at all. Magneto was all about Mutant Supremacy and outright exterminating the human race. Scott is just saying he's not going to tolerate anybody killing mutants and he'll fukk you up if you try.

*edit*

He'd like peaceful co-existence, but he's not gonna stand by and watch mutants be slaughtered while hoping Human's see the light.

then what civil rights leader would you compare him too? A marcus garvey?

Joker

The Harlequin of Hate
Daps
Reppin
Arkham Asylum
I'd argue Wonder Woman has been the best.
agree with this entirely. wonder woman's really been impressing me for a while now, i never thought i'd see the day where i look more forward to seeing what's up with diana as opposed to bruce.

with regards to batman, it is literally just the fact it is another origins that i can't put him where he belongs, number one. not that it is any less of quality, it just isn't quite as new.

also really dig nightwing, always will. :myman:

could never for the life of me get into supes, tried recently and still can't.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Superman is cool in Justice League, Batman & Superman and Superman & Wonder Woman. His own books not so much.
If you were interested in an alternate take on the character then I would recommend checking out Earth 2.
kVSgQHM.jpg
:dwillhuh: