Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:@me just seeing this thread.Brehs got a ?is the newer comics worth getting into?Generally I collect old comics from 60's through the early 90's.What series would ya'll recommend?:ehh:

From Marvel ongoing series I'd recommend are Superior Spider-Man, New Avengers, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Thor God of Thunder & Daredevil. I'd stay away from anything X-Men related as the books are going through and awful crossover. The Infinity mini is great so far.

As far older Marvel stuff (late 90's 2000's) you should try Christopher Priest's Black Panther run, Ed Brubaker's Captain America run, Kevin Smith's, Bendis' and Brubaker's Dardevil runs, Hickman's Fantastic Four run, Abnett & Lannings Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova runs, Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist and JMS The Mighty Thor.

DC I'm currently reading Aquaman, most of the bat related books, Wonder Woman (which is really good), Justice League, Justice League of America,The Flash, Earth 2, most fo the green lantern books. The Forever Evil mini is looking good.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Superman was decent

Lois found out clark is superman

Justice League :mindblown:

I can't wait till this forever evil shyt is over, Villains month was bad enough

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man was dope. I love Miles and his new team

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the Walking Dead book still in Black & White?

Yup

It's done to save on the cost of producing the book but honestly it kind of adds to the charm. Gives it an old school horror film vibe.

Truth be told Walking Dead isn't even a zombie book anymore, it's a book about rebuilding society in a post apocalyptic world.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
iron man #17 is the reason why creator owned characters >>>>> marvel and dc imo

i wonder how long it will take this iron man origin retcon to be reconned

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yup

It's done to save on the cost of producing the book but honestly it kind of adds to the charm. Gives it an old school horror film vibe.

Truth be told Walking Dead isn't even a zombie book anymore, it's a book about rebuilding society in a post apocalyptic world.
It being in black & white stopped me from trying it. Colors are a huge part of what makes me like comics

They should be able to afford colors now especially since its a top 20 book now

Gillien is a hack

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It being in black & white stopped me from trying it. Colors are a huge part of what makes me like comics

You're doing yourself a HUGE disservice by not reading Walking Dead just because of the lack of color. It's honestly not even something you notice while reading it. Those first 50 issues of the series :ohlawd:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They should be able to afford colors now especially since its a top 20 book now

I'm sure if Kirkman wanted to, he could have it in color with 3d covers and Jim Lee art

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It probably won't be retconned, it'll just ignored. It was a stupid fukking idea to begin with. Part of Iron Man's charm was that he was a self made hero that had no predetermined destiny. All this bullshyt is just some lame way to try and make Tony more important to the greater marvel universe when that shyt just isn't gonna work because of the 30+ years of what's already been established.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure if Kirkman wanted to, he could have it in color with 3d covers and Jim Lee art

Like I said it being in black and white is part of the charm, it gives it a "Night of the living dead" kind of vibe. I'd actually be kind of mad if they suddenly started doing the series in color.

Though they did do that one backup story in full color. LOL

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What was the retcon ,?
How is iron man in GOTG ?
Superman was decent

Lois found out clark is superman

Justice League :mindblown:

I can't wait till this forever evil shyt is over, Villains month was bad enough

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man was dope. I love Miles and his new team
How you hating on forever evil ?!!! Settle down breh before I snort the kryptonite .

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
What was the retcon ,?
How is iron man in GOTG ?

How you hating on forever evil ?!!! Settle down breh before I snort the kryptonite .

Not that I hate it I'm just in event fatigue man

Like I said it being in black and white is part of the charm, it gives it a "Night of the living dead" kind of vibe. I'd actually be kind of mad if they suddenly started doing the series in color.

Though they did do that one backup story in full color. LOL

I'll try it one day since the trades are mad cheap

Storm gotta be the most clueless mudafukka alive :heh:

Thank god I'm not buying that dumb event