Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I hope you guys gained a new appreciation for Schism after AVX (which was mediocre) and Battle of the Atom (which has served absolutely no purpose thus far but will most likely have a rushed but huge impact of a finale)
AVX wasn't all that, but it was easily better than Schism.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Explain how it's easily better
AVX wasn't all that, but it was easily better than Schism.

Avx was a six month storyline that had a stupid beginning, middle and end that didn't need to happen. Cyke and the X-Men were greatly diminished as a result, and the while thing was a muddled mess.

Schism was a storyline built from years of X-Men evolution that resulted in a logical split between Cyclops and Wolverine. Only issue most had was the villain

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of the shyt going on in X-Men comics is SO fukking stupid right now. They tryin real hard to fit a square peg into a round hole. They stances they have characters taking makes no fukking sense given their history and personalities.

The whole "Scott is the Devil and Xavier was an Angel" shyt in particular is infuriating. Even in the latest A+X they had Scott point out how full of shyt Captain America is by calling him a cold blooded killer while hanging with Wolverine.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Schism was a storyline built from years of X-Men evolution that resulted in a logical split between Cyclops and Wolverine. Only issue most had was the villain

it would have made more sense if it was anybody but wolverine, the school's combat instructor and resident anti-hero who has no qualms getting his hands bloody, fighting with scott over leadership. someone like storm, beast, or kitty but wolverine :comeon:

They stances they have characters taking makes no fukking sense given their history and personalities.

cyclops stance i can understand. he was pretty muched groomed to become a leader. imo it makes sense that scott, given his personal history and history with xavier, would become something different from what xavier wanted and expected.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it would have made more sense if it was anybody but wolverine, the school's combat instructor and resident anti-hero who has no qualms getting his hands bloody, fighting with scott over leadership. someone like storm, beast, or kitty but wolverine :comeon:

cyclops stance i can understand. he was pretty muched groomed to become a leader. imo it makes sense that scott, given his personal history and history with xavier, would become something different from what xavier wanted and expected.

Not just that but the breaking point for all of that was Wolverine got upset about Scott putting students in the field of combat..........:dahell:

Wolverine stays having teenage sidekicks, has trained them kids in combat, and STILL fights alongside them from time to time. shyt was just idiotic.

Kitty wouldn't have had a leg to stand on in that situation either since she was dying to fight when she was Wolverine's first teen sidekick.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Kitty wouldn't have had a leg to stand on in that situation either since she was dying to fight when she was Wolverine's first teen sidekick.

:patrice: maybe but from a moral compass pov i still think kitty would fight over leadership before wolverine would.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Avx was a six month storyline that had a stupid beginning, middle and end that didn't need to happen. Cyke and the X-Men were greatly diminished as a result, and the while thing was a muddled mess.

Logical split? The split didn't make any sense. Wolverine fought alongside kids all the time. Jubilee? Kitty Pryde? All of a sudden he's all self-righteous because Cyke says they're close to being extinct and the teens on Utopia need to fight? It seems somebody just came up with the idea of a Cyke/Wolvie X-Men split, and they had to come up with a reason for it to happen, but the reason they came up with made no sense.

The whole thing sucked. The Hellfire babysitters club were probably the worst X-villains I've ever seen.

AVX wasn't bad to me. It was just meh. It didn't live up to expectations.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
main problem with AvsX was that it debuted the Gestapo Captain America that we see today and the situations they put the characters in didn't fit the dialog.

The Avengers were straight up wrong in most of that event and came across as a$$hole. The aftermath of the event makes no sense either.

Wolverine got a pass for murdering all kinds of people during Enemy of the State because he was manipulated. Cyclops gets manipulated and kills ONE person and suddenly he's the devil. Plus you got Cap acting like his best friend in the world was murdered when in actuality they barely interacted with each other. Havoc lecturing Cyke about this shyt when he was in space for years specifically to murder his baby brother.

The entire fukking thing was just idiotic :snoop:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

there was nothing logical about that split. scott should be striving for peace while wolverine is the one who should be trying keep mutants from being abused by humans (considering he was a lab rat for what 20 years? )

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there was nothing logical about that split. scott should be striving for peace while wolverine is the one who should be trying keep mutants from being abused by humans (considering he was a lab rat for what 20 years? )

The thing is Scott was trying to strive for peace, he just wasn't gonna stand around and be eliminated by the numerous threats that were being thrown at them.

The move to San Francisco was to so that mutants could live a more peaceful existence and he could better protect them. Only thing was all of the problems followed them and intensified. I think sometimes people forget the only reason they moved to Utopia was because they were forced there by Norman Osbourne.

Wolverine was down for everything Scott was doing right up until that bullshyt about not putting kids on the battlefield. Beast left even earlier and his reasoning was even more bullshyt, he was blamed Scott for Norman Osborn torturing him and was mad about X-Force.