Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Battle of the Atom continues to be a confused mess and Bendis has officially reverted back to shytty form after being uncharacteristically good for the first few issues of All New X-Men.

zpGVt.gif

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
wonder woman was GREAT. I actually enjoy Azzarrello's pun driven wordplay filled dialogue here more than I did in 100 Bullets. It feels.... natural. Like he gave The Gods their own weird prose filled form of dialect.

The art fits perfectly, as well. everything just seems to... work in synch. NO BOOK OR CHARACTER benefited from Flashpoint more than Diana.

Although I wonder if they'll ever explain Diana's instant "Greek Tan" whenever she's rocking the coat? That look, brehs... :takedat::takedat::takedat:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Who the fukk green lit battle of the atom? Is there even a point behind this clusternfuk of a story?

New Avengers was good as usual.

Jean Grey is the centerpiece even though it's the Uncanny X Men 50th Anniversary.

Ready for that Stryfe return in the X Force crossover

Can't fukking wait for the new X Factor

Elektra getting another book? Hope it works out

Slott writing a new Silver Surfer series? Thank goodness...

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cable and the xforce >>>>> bishops xforce .
I'm confused as to what the real far reaching significance of infinity will be

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's supposed to do a few things.

Marvel is giving the Inhumans a big push, better integrating their cosmic line into the rest of their stuff, and making The Avengers bigger players on a universal scale.

I don't think a single character in the entire event has been made to look better than Captain America.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So marvel goes right back to having Thor take l's huh ? Man gets less than month to savor his bad ass win . Reminds me of the good old days when Thor would get knocked out a fight for a long period of time because most writers don't know how to write him and his powers

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's supposed to do a few things.

Marvel is giving the Inhumans a big push, better integrating their cosmic line into the rest of their stuff, and making The Avengers bigger players on a universal scale.

I don't think a single character in the entire event has been made to look better than Captain America.
Ok I get that stuff idk it's a great storyline but like death of the family it's just kind of meh to me . Except for the issue when the builders first sonned everyone it's felt like a cap America , iron man and inhumans storyline . I was expecting more of a infinity gauntlet style story and the stakes while big don't seem to be landing to me . It was like oh all the heroes leave earth unguarded for thanos...... Except it's not the case earth still has a million heroes like I figured and in space the deus ex cap'n universe did what I thought she would do .

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I'm hoping The Native American Satan gives them DAT WORK! :ohlawd:

:russ: I'm sorry, folks that don't know. I be happy as hell when Marvel actually uses little known Big Bads and villains from the 70s/80s and uses them for something other than cheap one off cannon fodder....

instead of using the same villains for 8 years straight or having The Hood look for Infinity Gems.

If Nanny and the Orphan Maker or Oort the Living Comet ever show up, I might have to take a posting hiatus just to recover.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young Loki getting a ongoing series :patrice: might have t read it and throw YA all the way into te bushes . It's just not for me and I miss patriot .... On a random note why is sam Guthrie cannonball , experienced hero and possible external treated like comedy relief in avengers ??
By the way Pete wisdom is returning in uk revolution :salute:
Also

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I like UXF a little better than CXF. Both books are :ehh: Not bad, but not too good either. The crossover has me interested.

Who the fukk green lit battle of the atom? Is there even a point behind this clusternfuk of a story?

New Avengers was good as usual.

Battle of the Atom is such weapons-grade feces that I'm now convinced that Marvel purposely commissioned the worst X-crossover of all time in order to downplay and discredit X-Men even more so they're nowhere near the best-selling or relevant books. It has to be an orchestrated attempt to sully the brand. They're 8 issues deep, almost at the end, and it just never got compelling at any point. No editor or anyone overseeing the project could possibly think this shyt is good.