Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well for one Joe Q isn't and hasn't been editor for a while now. It is funny to me how sometimes people still blame him for shyt. He did a good job of making himself the face of the company (and a much more liked figure than that piece of shyt Didio).

As for Galactus getting the boot to the Ultimate Universe, they kind of had to do that in order Hickman's New Avengers story to play out. If Galactus had found out about the incursions he would have eaten earth right then and there.
I will give this shyt a shot :snoop:

Where do I start?

And is it tied in to Infinity? If not where do I start with that?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will give this shyt a shot :snoop:
Where do I start?

And is it tied in to Infinity? If not where do I start with that?

It's Hickman so all his shyt it tied together.

You got to read all of his Avengers and New Avengers run so far. They both tie into Infinity. You could basically ignore every other tie in and still get the fully story.

Fair warning though, Hickman does his usual thing of showing seeming random ass shyt early in the series that won't really make sense until much later.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's Hickman so all his shyt it tied together.

You got to read all of his Avengers and New Avengers run so far. They both tie into Infinity. You could basically ignore every other tie in and still get the fully story.

Fair warning though, Hickman does his usual thing of showing seeming random ass shyt early in the series that won't really make sense until much later.
Anything else you recommend?

Is Uncanny X-Force still good?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anything else you recommend?

Is Uncanny X-Force still good?

Nope...

Truth be told it's the least talked about of the X-Books right now.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers is a follow up to his Uncanny X-Force run in a lot of ways (The Apocalypse twins play a big role). I personally find the book to be really hit or miss but a lot of people like it.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had actually forgotten about it till you asked about it.

It's got an odd roster featuring Puck and Spiral. Last I remember the book had something to do with finding Bishop.

Funny shyt is I'm actually a huge Spiral fan for some reason

But Puck :what:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
1381513840.jpg

1381513870.jpg

just announced "Avengers World" book following Infinity
Hickman, Spencer & Caselli

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1381513840.jpg

1381513870.jpg

just announced "Avengers World" book following Infinity
Hickman, Spencer & Caselli
I just read the article about this over at Newsarama and it sounds unnecessary as fukk. They kept mentioning this tag line of "All the Earth being under The Avengers protection" like the team hasn't been protecting the entire planet already. And then you would assume that maybe it means the roster will expand to include international heroes but Hickman said it will be the same team from his Avengers book.
Marvel is getting on that 90s X-Men kick where they just over saturate the market with Avengers books for no good reason.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one noticing that Marvel is trying to push Spencer just like they did Hickman despite Spender not having nearly as much critical acclaim or selling as well?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I just read the article about this over at Newsarama and it sounds unnecessary as fukk. They kept mentioning this tag line of "All the Earth being under The Avengers protection" like the team hasn't been protecting the entire planet already. And then you would assume that maybe it means the roster will expand to include international heroes but Hickman said it will be the same team from his Avengers book.
Marvel is getting on that 90s X-Men kick where they just over saturate the market with Avengers books for no good reason.

they don' t want people to forget that the avengers movie is coming out.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Am I the only one noticing that Marvel is trying to push Spencer just like they did Hickman despite Spender not having nearly as much critical acclaim or selling as well?

Spencer has already received a lot of critical acclaim actually. People dug Morning Glories (I never read it), the opening arc he wrote of Thief Of Thieves was crack, Bedlam is crack and he did his thing with T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents at DC. His Secret Avengers is supposedly pretty solid as well but I don't read stuff that features fake Nick Fury a lot (exception is Cornell's Wolverine because it's Cornell).

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

yeah I don't really care about this book. It's only there because of the movies.

Hell, ANY of this Avengers stuff right now is only there because of the movies.