Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spencer has already received a lot of critical acclaim actually. People dug Morning Glories (I never read it), the opening arc he wrote of Thief Of Thieves was crack, Bedlam is crack and he did his thing with T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents at DC. His Secret Avengers is supposedly pretty solid as well but I don't read stuff that features fake Nick Fury a lot (exception is Cornell's Wolverine because it's Cornell).

His stuff at other companies has been critically acclaimed but none of his Marvel stuff has been praised very much. I've read most of the stuff he's done at Marvel and it's mostly been mediocre.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Am I the only one noticing that Marvel is trying to push Spencer just like they did Hickman despite Spender not having nearly as much critical acclaim or selling as well?
Spencer is a great writer tho. Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Secret Avengers and his Ultimate X-Men run are all dope

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
All the Avengers books are different besides Avengers Assemble

I'll pick up that Rhodey book that should be dope

I hate that Namor is appearing in another book smh I really wanted Black Panther to murk his fish ass

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need a X-Men: Disassembled arc.

Just start ova from scratch.

Pardon Cyclops, bring back Jean, bring Xaiver back, make Magneto and Apocalypse villains again.

Was in Books-A-Million yesterday, read them TPB's of tha first Secret Avengers team.

Forgot how piff tha stories, team line-up, and art (Mike Deodato!!!!) was.

:banderas:

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WTF are they doing over at Marvel???:why::mindblown:

3319833-carnage+karl+2.jpg

3321656-0032995722-Karl_.jpg

3319834-carnage+karl+klaw+wizard+2.jpg

:upsetfavre::upsetfavre::beli::beli:

:bryan:

What's wit Marvel putting they characters in armor? This tha 90's?!

Bring on that 616 reboot PLEASE!!!!

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Nope...

Truth be told it's the least talked about of the X-Books right now.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers is a follow up to his Uncanny X-Force run in a lot of ways (The Apocalypse twins play a big role). I personally find the book to be really hit or miss but a lot of people like it.
They just had a surprise reveal in UXF that the revenant queen (the main villain the whole book) is Cassandra Nova. I can't believe they would bring back such an epic, dangerous villain in 3rd tier book like that.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Observations...

I can't believe nobody else has commented on how they made Black Bolt such a jobber for Thanos. I know Thanos is mad powerful, but the fukk can he just brush off a Black Bolt scream to the face at close range, then just keep talking and mollywhopping him? :wtf: Can't Black Bolt's scream blow up a small planet? It didn't even knock Thanos off his feet.

I think we can all agree Battle of the Atom is garbage as fukk. Can we also agree it's the worst X-Men crossover of all time? It's not even close. Some X-crossovers were meh, but I don't recall any others being pure shyt like this. It has no redeeming qualities at all.

I like the use of cosmic characters like Gladiator and Ronan and their interactions with the Avengers. Ronan has always been a cool character and a boss to me. I like seeing him having role and standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Thor. Gladiator leading the rebels into battle and trusting Cap's judgment is dope too.

The second Mighty Avengers issue was much better than the first. But they gonna be fighting Shuma-Gorath? They must be about to dumb down his power levels a lot. Shuma-Gorath is supposed to be more powerful than Mephisto and Dormammu and can wipe out whole galaxies.
New X-Factor, Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer series. :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Observations...

I can't believe nobody else has commented on how they made Black Bolt such a jobber for Thanos. I know Thanos is mad powerful, but the fukk can he just brush off a Black Bolt scream to the face at close range, then just keep talking and mollywhopping him? :wtf: Can't Black Bolt's scream blow up a small planet? It didn't even knock Thanos off his feet.

I think we can all agree Battle of the Atom is garbage as fukk. Can we also agree it's the worst X-Men crossover of all time? It's not even close. Some X-crossovers were meh, but I don't recall any others being pure shyt like this. It has no redeeming qualities at all.

I like the use of cosmic characters like Gladiator and Ronan and their interactions with the Avengers. Ronan has always been a cool character and a boss to me. I like seeing him having role and standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Thor. Gladiator leading the rebels into battle and trusting Cap's judgment is dope too.

The second Mighty Avengers issue was much better than the first. But they gonna be fighting Shuma-Gorath? They must be about to dumb down his power levels a lot. Shuma-Gorath is supposed to be more powerful than Mephisto and Dormammu and can wipe out whole galaxies.
New X-Factor, Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer series. :blessed:
- If they let Black Bolt beat Thanos he wouldn't really seem like that super threat so I would prefer it if a team beat him not just one character

- Battle of the Atom is garbage it made be drop my X-books.

- Hickman got Gladiator looking like a boss out here

- I preferred the 1st issue I thought the crowd yelling Avengers Assemble was pretty corny

- New Iron Patriot, Punisher and She-Hulk series :blessed:

Why are Marvel relaunching Captain Marvel when that shyt is selling less than 20K? Venom, Scarlet Spider, Black Panther all got canceled and those books were selling more than Captain Marvel

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
- If they let Black Bolt beat Thanos he wouldn't really seem like that super threat so I would prefer it if a team beat him not just one character

- Battle of the Atom is garbage it made be drop my X-books.

- Hickman got Gladiator looking like a boss out here

- I preferred the 1st issue I thought the crowd yelling Avengers Assemble was pretty corny

- New Iron Patriot, Punisher and She-Hulk series :blessed:

Why are Marvel relaunching Captain Marvel when that shyt is selling less than 20K? Venom, Scarlet Spider, Black Panther all got canceled and those books were selling more than Captain Marvel
I'm not saying Black Bolt should've beat Thanos. I'm just saying Thanos brushing off Black Bolt screams to the face at close range like bb gun pellets is bullshyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm not saying Black Bolt should've beat Thanos. I'm just saying Thanos brushing off Black Bolt screams to the face at close range like bb gun pellets is bullshyt.
They should have spent more time on the Black Bolt/Thanos fight. Thanos should have won of course but it shouldn't have been so easy.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Black Bolt got beat easily in WWH too, right? It's no big deal. Thanos really woudn't even fight Blackbolt str8 up unless he had him beat in 5 ways anyhow.