Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I second your call on Lazarus

I liked Hinterkind enough that I will check for future issues

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I second your call on Lazarus

I liked Hinterkind enough that I will check for future issues
I liked Hinterkind...the left turn the book took at the end was surprising.
I figure we are gonna get a pretty familiar post-apocalyptic story and they insert fukking gargoyles and giants and shyt.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
There's a comic book saga that has been on my mind the last few days and I don't really know why. It's from the (Archie) Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. Does anyone remember the End Game saga? That story had me like :ohhh::damn: during the summer of 97.

:wow: Idk if it's as good as I remember it, but in 97, as kid, it had me on edge. Everything that could've went wrong, did go wrong. If this happened:

death2.jpg
20090807165308!Sally_death.jpg

Then anything could happen. shyt was on at that point. At the end of issue #50, I actually thought that was the end of that series, but many, many years later I found out it continued on. Anyone else read this? Thoughts?

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a comic book saga that has been on my mind the last few days and I don't really know why. It's from the (Archie) Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. Does anyone remember the End Game saga? That story had me like :ohhh::damn: during the summer of 97.

:wow: Idk if it's as good as I remember it, but in 97, as kid, it had me on edge. Everything that could've went wrong, did go wrong. If this happened:

death2.jpg

Then anything could happen. shyt was on at that point. At the end of issue #50, I actually thought that was the end of that series, but many, many years later I found out it continued on. Anyone else read this? Thoughts?
SHE died???

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Falcon gotta be the most useless hero in Infinity lmao

What is his lame ass doing in space :heh:

I'm a Falcon fan and I've BEEN saying this.

You constantly see him in space in the middle of the battle but he's not actually doing anything but flying around. Between Battles he's NEVER seen. You'd at least expect him to be in the War Room with Cap.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a Falcon fan and I've BEEN saying this.

You constantly see him in space in the middle of the battle but he's not actually doing anything but flying around. Between Battles he's NEVER seen. You'd at least expect him to be in the War Room with Cap.
That's what my gripe is . Why isn't havok there ?? He actually has recent relevant space jammer experience

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
none of it is really making a lot of sense to me.

and yes, I know, I know.... :deadhorse:

But if I never read Annihilation, I would probably enjoy this more.

And it's not even just that, to be honest.... it's that... Marvel's ALWAYS done more gripping space story/sagas than this one, with higher stakes, better hero development, far more interesting bad guys. Maybe it's too early to judge.

Adam Warlock's story from him and Thanos vs The Universal Church of Truth to him turning Thanos into stone in Marvel Two-in-One.

Thanos Quest

Damn near the entirety of Silver Surfer vol 3

Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade

Thanos' own series after Starlin left the book (LOL!!!)

DnA's stuff

Avengers Infinity

Quasar's series

That X-Men Brood stuff

hell, the entire War of Kings glut of books (which I really need to sit down and read at one time. Carey's got the comic novel game mastered.)

Yes, I know I sound redundant. But this shyt just ain't doing it for me. Random bad guys with no identity vs a bunch of alien races who can't stand each other.... and The Avengers.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

death2.jpg

I remember that shyt. The writer Ken Penders was at his best. The series continued, but let me warn you that past issue #125 to #159, its unreadable. Penders went batshyt insane and turned Sonic into a soap opera. :scusthov:

#160 a new writer by the name of Ian Flynn took over and slowly redeemed the comic book. Its up to #253 right now and it is actually good.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
none of it is really making a lot of sense to me.

and yes, I know, I know.... :deadhorse:

But if I never read Annihilation, I would probably enjoy this more.

And it's not even just that, to be honest.... it's that... Marvel's ALWAYS done more gripping space story/sagas than this one, with higher stakes, better hero development, far more interesting bad guys. Maybe it's too early to judge.

Adam Warlock's story from him and Thanos vs The Universal Church of Truth to him turning Thanos into stone in Marvel Two-in-One.

Thanos Quest

Damn near the entirety of Silver Surfer vol 3

Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade

Thanos' own series after Starlin left the book (LOL!!!)

DnA's stuff

Avengers Infinity

Quasar's series

That X-Men Brood stuff

hell, the entire War of Kings glut of books (which I really need to sit down and read at one time. Carey's got the comic novel game mastered.)

Yes, I know I sound redundant. But this shyt just ain't doing it for me. Random bad guys with no identity vs a bunch of alien races who can't stand each other.... and The Avengers.
I have lost a lot of interest in Infinity too. I really don't care about any of the villains in the story besides Thanos and he is not being used well at all.
And don't even get me started on Thanos all of a sudden having a kid that has been with The Inhumans for years. It's just one uninteresting thing after another with this series. Hickman is letting me down greatly here.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I have lost a lot of interest in Infinity too. I really don't care about any of the villains in the story besides Thanos and he is not being used well at all.
And don't even get me started on Thanos all of a sudden having a kid that has been with The Inhumans for years. It's just one uninteresting thing after another with this series. Hickman is letting me down greatly here.

Even the New universe stuff (I was sooooo excited about) has been seemingly shelved and made minor because of some invading alien robots that are fragile enough to be broken by Shang-Chi's bare hands.