Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: sorry, breh. Jean's always been more powerful.

There was a time when instead of just giving Telepaths/Telekenetics a blanket list of generic psychic powers, they gave each TK/TP character their own specific special skill set.

Jean was prolly the third or fourth most powerful telepath on the planet, behind Xavier, Ahmad Farouk (The Shadow King) and retroactively, The Gamesmaster.

But Jean's ability was all blunt force and raw power. She was EXTREMELY weak to psychic manipulation, which is even how the whole Dark Phoenix thing kicked off anyway.

Meanwhile, Emma's specialty was always subtle psychic and subliminal manipulation. She was nowhere near as powerful as Jean, but her specialty meant that she had Jean's number.

It's the difference in someone kicking a door in and picking a lock.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do you gague the power level of a telepath though?
when has jean done anything as powerful as Prof x without the phoenix.

smh @ you tossing marvel stats just because you do not agree with them.

Now I toss the Marvel stats out because they've consistently shown themselves to be inaccurate, to the point where some message board don't even allow them be used in vs debates.

And to be clear I'm not saying Jean is as powerful as Professor X, that's never been the case I was making, I'm saying Jean is more Powerful than Emma. Hell Rachael and Cable (when he has his powers) are more powerful than Emma.

Keep in mind my my original complaint was that they just out of nowhere elevated Emma's status as a psychic despite years of her being shown as second tier. Emma wasn't even considered Omega level until VERY recently and that was mainly because Fraction just loved her character.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now I toss the Marvel stats out because they've consistently shown themselves to be inaccurate, to the point where some message board don't even allow them be used in vs debates.

And to be clear I'm not saying Jean is as powerful as Professor X, that's never been the case I was making, I'm saying Jean is more Powerful than Emma. Hell Rachael and Cable (when he has his powers) are more powerful than Emma.

Keep in mind my my original complaint was that they just out of nowhere elevated Emma's status as a psychic despite years of her being shown as second tier. Emma wasn't even considered Omega level until VERY recently and that was mainly because Fraction just loved her character.

Marvel's official stats are wildly inconsistent and yes most message boards do not accept them. Normally regular character feats is what is accepted and Emma was never anywhere near Jean's level if we go by their comic book feats. During Legion Quest, Jean telepathically reached out to Xavier without the aid of Cerebro all the way from Israel while telekinetically anchoring herself from being sucked in Legion's time vortex....I don't recall Emma showing that level of teleptahy.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Hmmm...A very big deal is being made about Thanos son. I'm wondering how powerful he is and just how much he will affect the Marvel Universe once he's finally in the forefront of the Infinity event.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No there were not always on the same level. Jean's telepathic power were growing exponentially from the moment she debuted. Jean was considered an Omega Level Telepath AND Telekentic. Emma was shown to be more skilled in the past, but Jean has always been more powerful.
wait Emma is now a omega level mutant ?
Hmmm...A very big deal is being made about Thanos son. I'm wondering how powerful he is and just how much he will affect the Marvel Universe once he's finally in the forefront of the Infinity event.
Ehh he'll be pushed for a year or 2 and then forgotten

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: Let's list the suspect ass "Omega Level Mutants", according to it being said by writer just to be saying it or shoehorning it into a single story:

Emma Frost :russ:

Psylocke :russ:

jubilee :russ:

Gambit :russ:

:camby::camby::camby:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: Let's list the suspect ass "Omega Level Mutants", according to it being said by writer just to be saying it or shoehorning it into a single story:

Emma Frost :russ:

Psylocke :russ:

jubilee :russ:

Gambit :russ:

:camby::camby::camby:

Wait, they added Gambit and Jubilee to the Omega Level list? :wtf:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when Gambit is fully powered he can charge organic material too. :manny: probably never see those powers again

That makes him powerful, but not OMEGA level.

When I think of Omega level mutants I think of characters with powers than can affect the entire planet in multiple ways.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
That makes him powerful, but not OMEGA level.

When I think of Omega level mutants I think of characters with powers than can affect the entire planet in multiple ways.

His alternate self with full power

"New Sun's kinetic charging powers had flared out of control, burning the world and killing everyone. As a result, the New Sun hunted down and killed versions of himself in other realities to ensure that they would not repeat his mistakes. New Sun is not limited to inorganic matter and can convert matter into energy at a sub-molecular level so it vaporizes or explodes. He also has the ability to time travel, can propel himself by a wave-like aura and can transplant matter through time and space, as well as being able to biokinetically augment all his physical abilities to superhuman levels."

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How could jubilee be a omega mutant?!?!! What tier are cyke and havok ? And are they still on that oh our powers can't hurt each other kick

If I recall correctly Scott and Havok are rated as Beta level mutants.

I think historically Gambit was rated as Alpha at best.