Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Killer Frost's orgin redo is cool....

but only because I'm a Killer Frost fan. You have no idea how bad I felt when Suicide Squad volume 2 was cancelled after that Sgt. Rock revel.

Solomon Grundy's.... :patrice: it..... wasn't bad

and despite all the boo hooing about Lobo's redux, it was really smart of them to do it this way. Too much fan backlash, they simply have the old one kill the new one. Or they never use him again. I kinda liked it. And it makes sense he looks like a greasy ass messican.

Archer and Armstrong was good.... I hope that cover doesnt mean they get a new artist next month. I'm kinda amped about Sect Civil War. Funny how A&A is kind of the conspiracy book. Usually these kind of things involving multiple global factions are spread out over multiple books. Does Harada know these people exist? This is the second Valiant book this month to touch on why I don't want to live forever: How many loved ones do you want to see die before you simply don't care anymore?

Hit-List (if anybody else checked for it) was a nice set up issue... if not a bit chaotic.

Avengers Arena..... I dunno I'm still sticking with it. Its still really hard to give a shyt about characters who were introduced just to be killed off.

I'm kinda meh about regular Avengers. It was just a book. no awesome moments.

Manhattan Projects.... they got taken off guard and slumped again????? :heh: jeezus.

Wasn't East of West supposed to come out this week?

that's been my week in minor books.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Some of these Forever Evil books have been really cool with the way they show how twisted and deadly some of these vilains are. I especially like from this week: Zod (he is even more cold blooded than he was pre-New52), Harley Quinn (she had a crazy body count), Mr. Freeze (took what Snyder already made awesome and upped it), The Riddler (loving the depiction of Nygma as a super-genius who only finds Batman as a worthy entail adversary), Lobo (completely deads all the fanboy whining since the old Lobo still exists), Trigon (basically serial raping his way through multiple universe), Killer Frost (great motivation for her being a villain and for her telling the Crime Syndicate to kick rocks).

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Killer Frost's orgin redo is cool....

but only because I'm a Killer Frost fan. You have no idea how bad I felt when Suicide Squad volume 2 was cancelled after that Sgt. Rock revel.
Man, I thought I was the only person who dug that Giffen Squad series. It wasn't as good as the original series but it was damn good.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The dialogue was cool IMO it seemed like stuff they would all say
Thanos and Proxima Midnight's dialogue kinda came off as cheesy kiddie supervillain shtick.

any writer's work seems "cheesy" next to greg land's art.

:heh: place your bets who's the dude in the ugleh spidey costume:

T'Challa: based on his comment on being seen in the states. Would also "boost sales" upon open ended "reveal".

Kasper Cole: based on his being basically an heir to the Black Panther mantle and the comment above... except he's american and mixed. How white folks didn't flock to it I don't know. Prolly because despite his jewish and black heritage, he identified as being black. (I actually hope it's him. He had the better Vibranium costume and personality)

Hunter: (see above)

Dewayne Taylor/Night Thrasher: The Smart Choice. But Marvel is like WWE. they drop the ball on the smart choices every fukking time.
Yeah, Land's art does the plot no favor, but I don't mind him as much as a lot of people do. Issue #1 seemed pretty half assed to me. They're kinda just thrown together like Bendis New Avengers. I expected the tone to be more serious considering the severity of what's going on with the Black Order taking over the planet.

And again, who the fukk is Al Ewing? It makes no sense to launch a new Avengers book with a bunch of minority characters and try to market it to white comic book audience and have a no name author do it. I wish they could've got Kieron Gillen or somebody to write it.

I get the sense Marvel isn't really behind pushing it. We know about the underselling. It's like they expect it to fail and did it just so they made an attempt to sell their black characters.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Thanos and Proxima Midnight's dialogue kinda came off as cheesy kiddie supervillain shtick.

Yeah, Land's art does the plot no favor, but I don't mind him as much as a lot of people do. Issue #1 seemed pretty half assed to me. They're kinda just thrown together like Bendis New Avengers. I expected the tone to be more serious considering the severity of what's going on with the Black Order taking over the planet.

And again, who the fukk is Al Ewing? It makes no sense to launch a new Avengers book with a bunch of minority characters and try to market it to white comic book audience and have a no name author do it. I wish they could've got Kieron Gillen or somebody to write it.

I get the sense Marvel isn't really behind pushing it. We know about the underselling. It's like they expect it to fail and did it just so they made an attempt to sell their black characters.

Gillen is a horrible writer IMO

and every writer starts from somewhere

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
His Iron Man is garbage, his Young Avengers book sucks too

I can't speak on UXM cuz I never read it
We'll agree to disagree because I think his Iron Man is good. I never read Young Avengers. His UXM run was epic. It's a shame it got cut so short.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We'll agree to disagree because I think his Iron Man is good. I never read Young Avengers. His UXM run was epic. It's a shame it got cut so short.
Not really feeling his Iron Man and that Young Avengers book is atrocious but I do agree his UXM was awesome.
I also like his creator owned book Über, it is insane.

And again, who the fukk is Al Ewing?
Ewing has mostly worked for the UK's 2000 AD and his is something of a protege of Garth Ennis.
He is an OK writer from what I have read from him but I am a bit confused by his getting the MA assignment too.
The way this MA book is being set up as the "Black Avengers" I was hoping that a black writer would have gotten the nod. It's too bad Christopher Priest doesn't write comics anymore because this book would have been perfect for him.