Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yea, that Thunderbolts is underwhelming. I only read 3 ishs and was done. That team, tho. :wow:

Can't believe this dude Way is doing it. If Remender had done it I'm sure it would of been better. The 2 Uncanny X-Force trades I read were good.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Mighty Avengers is Selling poorly these retailers are really blaming the art :stopitslime:

shyt like this makes me feel like dropping most of the books I buy since cacs refuse to buy shyt like this
I really want to support this book, but honestly the first issue sucked. It came off like a kiddie 90's book with cheesy dialogue.

Why didn't they get a better more reputable writer for it? Who the fukk is Al Ewing?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
wolverine's appeal in the 90s as opposed to his history with Cyke is that he's the uncouth nasty hairy angry motherfukker who has the balls and gumption to stand up to his boss...... who's always right.

ain't nobody gonna tell wolverine what to do.

no chains can hold him.

he's a fukking a$$hole with too much body hair and super ninja training who is a fukking midget and all the girls swoon for him even though he smells like the canadian wilderness.

He's even a samurai in japan and pulls super refined and rich crime boss ladies there. And psycho ninja broads.

:heh: why wouldn't he be popular amongst all the fat slob angry loser nerd outcast comic reader and anime/manga fan?

edit: this shoulda went in the wolverine thread thats in the arcadium now, but fukk it.

double edit: I may as well cut and paste it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I really want to support this book, but honestly the first issue sucked. It came off like a kiddie 90's book with cheesy dialogue.

Why didn't they get a better more reputable writer for it? Who the fukk is Al Ewing?

any writer's work seems "cheesy" next to greg land's art.

:heh: place your bets who's the dude in the ugleh spidey costume:

T'Challa: based on his comment on being seen in the states. Would also "boost sales" upon open ended "reveal".

Kasper Cole: based on his being basically an heir to the Black Panther mantle and the comment above... except he's american and mixed. How white folks didn't flock to it I don't know. Prolly because despite his jewish and black heritage, he identified as being black. (I actually hope it's him. He had the better Vibranium costume and personality)

Hunter: (see above)

Dewayne Taylor/Night Thrasher: The Smart Choice. But Marvel is like WWE. they drop the ball on the smart choices every fukking time.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

The dialogue was cool IMO it seemed like stuff they would all say

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I thought Mighty Avengers # 1 was cool. I would like to see how they do outside of this event though.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
another problem with Mighty Avengers, their line up is weak...that new Power Man is trash..its like they didnt even try with the new line up to build around Luke Cage..granted its the first issue and the solicits say She Hulk,Ronin and Blue Marvel as members but

if they wanted ethnic characters, they should add these guys who are not doing anything currently in the marvel now

Shang Chi
01+SHANG-CHI.jpg

Dr Voodoo

220px-DrVoodoo.png

Patriot
250px-Patriot_002.gif

War Machine Jim Rhodes
warmachine-jim-rhodes.jpg

and
Blade( since he does work for Shield)
1360987-cotmblade01_031.jpg

if they had these cats on that squad that would be elite status

:banderas:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Voodoo is dead
Shang Chi is with the Avengers
Rhodey is with the Secret avengers
but I agree with Patriot and Blade(Comic blade is kinda ass tho)

but is he dead......he is a sorceror supreme now.....:youngsabo:

She Hulk is with FF and shes still on this team, and that hasnt stopped Wolverine from being in multiple books, or Rogue being on Uncanny Avengers and X-men:ld:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Voodoo is dead
Shang Chi is with the Avengers
Rhodey is with the Secret avengers
but I agree with Patriot and Blade(Comic blade is kinda ass tho)
Patriot is such a dropped ball character . I mean in young avengers apparently he's been staying home in bed sulking :snoop:
When did voodoo die ?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Patriot is such a dropped ball character . I mean in young avengers apparently he's been staying home in bed sulking :snoop:
When did voodoo die ?
Bendis killed him off in New Avengers

I have a feeling Marvel just removed Patriot from New Avengers because the tumblr crowd hated the character

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
any writer's work seems "cheesy" next to greg land's art.

:heh: place your bets who's the dude in the ugleh spidey costume:

T'Challa: based on his comment on being seen in the states. Would also "boost sales" upon open ended "reveal".

Kasper Cole: based on his being basically an heir to the Black Panther mantle and the comment above... except he's american and mixed. How white folks didn't flock to it I don't know. Prolly because despite his jewish and black heritage, he identified as being black. (I actually hope it's him. He had the better Vibranium costume and personality)

Hunter: (see above)

Dewayne Taylor/Night Thrasher: The Smart Choice. But Marvel is like WWE. they drop the ball on the smart choices every fukking time.
I was thinking its either Night Thrasher, Paladin or Triathlon.