Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The speculators came out in droves for these DC 3D covers. shyt was ridiculous for a book that came out yesterday and cost $3.99 to shoot up to $10 in one day.

BRUH!

I went back yesterday and bought just about every 3D cover I could.

I see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Speculators are the fukking worst that's why I tell the dude a the comic store to put my shyt on hold

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The New 52 Bronze Tiger is now a humanoid tiger instead of just a brother in a tiger mask who was good at kung-fu.
Not sure how I feel about this.
MZpWrbx.jpg

what the fukk did they do to Ben!? Why!?!??!???? :damn:

THEY RUINED THE ONLY BLACK MAN TO BEAT BATMAN IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT!

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BTW, why do people like GM's writing? I read Batman RIP and Final Crisis and was :mindblown: at how shyt was missing and disorganized. It was like he was rushing shyt.

Morrison is great for a..... particular style of story. He's a GREAT, well..... what I like to call an "Ideasmith", The greater majority of his work deals with the nature of reality and how we perceive it... as opposed to the way beings on higher planes of reality see it, us and ours.

The problem is, you really can't cram those kind of ideas into a character like Batman, which is why the book seems so... disjointed at times. He was trying to use our perception of different comic styles from different eras and apply them to how comic characters see it. Among other things.

It... sorta kinda worked.

Now, when he's not trying to cram those kind of things into a solidly defined character and has room to work, he's great at what he does. See his:

• Doom Patrol,
  • Animal Man,
  • The Invisibles,
  • Seven Soldiers and all the individual books,
  • his Action Comics run (while Supes IS solidly defined, he was given more leeway because he was rewriting "Superman from Scratch"
  • The Filth
  • Final Crisis
  • Flex Mentallo
  • Joe the Barbarian
  • Kid Eternity
When he's writing characters and he's NOT doing that kind of stuff and he's doing just straight Superhero stuff, he's great:

• His JLA run
  • All-Star Superman
  • Marvel Boy
  • Batman Inc
  • Skrull Kill Krew
  • Aztek

When he tries to mix the two or gets bogged down by editorial?

• His overrated ass XMen run
  • Batman RIP

falls flat as fukk.

His JLA run is one of four books that got me hooked on comics again after I dropped them totally: The other three being Mark Waid's run on Flash and Warren Ellis' runs on Planetary and The Authority.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wtf is THIS?!

:what:
Bronze Tiger/Ben Turner. Second greatest human fighter in old DC behind Richard Dragon. I keep trying to explain to the ":gladbron: faced ass batman fanboys that there's a reason I say Bats was ranked number 6th or 7th before the reboot.

:heh: didn't even take long.
b01dzc.jpg

".....Darkness clouds his vision... his temples pound... he struggles to remain standing... and fails. As an agony-filled blackness CLAIMS HIM...."

Guess Batman should have "cheated" or whatever.

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw a preview for forever evil 2 on CBR. Looks like the teen titans are going to end up getting bodied next. Hopefully Tim Drake stays off that summer jam screen and finds a way to release Grayson