Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I read this issue of Sex and started to try and figure out the emotions implied by the different color highlighting of certain words.....

like that pinkish highlight means sex.

The yellow highlight means the speaker is putting strong emphasis on the word? That may not be totally right or make much sense.

Orange is aggressive or controlling. It pops up in speech when a person is giving orders or speaking on a subject they want to have control over. It's not quite anger.

It had been nagging me since I started reading the series and I just started putting two and two together today. It goes a long way into adding what the speaker is actually thinking and puts dialogue from past issues (and even this one) into a whole new light.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I'm sorry, breh. I just didn't want to sound like a jerk by sayng I torent

No prob. I tend to just pass on those posts.

All right, now that I'm :eat: what tie-ins should I read for Infinity that play a part in thew main story? I bought issue one, but was gonna hold off on the series til the HC dropped with the tie ins. I got the New Avengers one already.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So DC is against Gay marriage

Something about this doesn't make sense. DC went out of their way to make the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, and made a big deal out of creating a lesbian superhero in Batwoman, but yet now they have a problem. The whole concept of Batwoman from the beginning was that it was a gay batgirl.

I`m not gonna defend DC Editoral because they are fukkups most of the time, but there has to be something else involved in this.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man, Quantum & Woody just keeps getting better and better. After this issue it's officially Joe Kelly Deadpool status.

TjwAZQT.jpg

R83gkSA.jpg

HEdAOPD.jpg

ROPQU6x.jpg

:deadmanny: @ the Panthro shyt because of how true it is.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Lol I forgot to put a question mark behind my last post

Comic book companies are against marriage in general everyone splits up

anyway Mighty Avengers #1 comes out on Wednesday I'm hyped

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So DC is against Gay marriage
Actually it is more that DC is against marriage period. they have an editorial edict that none of their main characters (ie ones headlining their own books) should be getting hitched.
That is why the only married mofo in the entire DCU is Aquaman and he showed up that way. So don't expect any Superman/Wonder Woman, Superman/Lois Lane, Batman/Catwoman, Green Lantern/Carol Ferris marriages anytime soon.
The anti-gay marriage thing is just a better headline.

Something about this doesn't make sense. DC went out of their way to make the Golden Age Green Lantern gay, and made a big deal out of creating a lesbian superhero in Batwoman, but yet now they have a problem. The whole concept of Batwoman from the beginning was that it was a gay batgirl.

I`m not gonna defend DC Editoral because they are fukkups most of the time, but there has to be something else involved in this.
JH Williams quite Batwoman over DC editorial interference. they would make him change stuff on the book at the last minute and one of the things that was the last straw with him was when they told him he couldn't do the Batwoman/Maggie Sawyer marriage because DC didn't want their characters getting hitched. They were fine with the two women staying engaged forever they just didn't want a wedding.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man, Quantum & Woody just keeps getting better and better. After this issue it's officially Joe Kelly Deadpool status.

:deadmanny: @ the Panthro shyt because of how true it is.
Woody's Panthro theory had me rolling especially because it's true. Was the same way with Jazz on The transformers. He was the black Autobot.