Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I like deadshot but ehhh the new suicide sucks ( I read the trades) it is nowhere near r secret 6 or classic suicide squad .

them days is gone, breh.

Remember the lil arc where Rick Flag lost his shyt and was going to kill that Senator or whatever....

Waller sent Deadshot to go stop him and bring him back....

Deadshot does it by beating the shyt out of Flag, then shooting the Senator in front of him!

Waller: "WTF, Lawton!!!! :mindblown:"

Deadshot: "Mission Accomplished. :birdman:"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
them days is gone, breh.

Remember the lil arc where Rick Flag lost his shyt and was going to kill that Senator or whatever....

Waller sent Deadshot to go stop him and bring him back....

Deadshot does it by beating the shyt out of Flag, then shooting the Senator in front of him!

Waller: "WTF, Lawton!!!! :mindblown:"

Deadshot: "Mission Accomplished. :birdman:"
The Ostrader Suicide Squad is probably my favorite run of any comic book series ever.
The quality stayed at a high level from beginning to end.
Don't know why DC didn't just give the Squad to Ostrander when they relaunched everything.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The Ostrader Suicide Squad is probably my favorite run of any comic book series ever.
Don't know why DC didn't just give the Squad to Ostrander when they relaunched everything.

yeah, man it's amazing that he took those horribly mismatched personalities and made them work.

Hell, Ostrander even made that whole "Who's throwing these pies!?" thing suspenseful as hell!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, man it's amazing that he took those horribly mismatched personalities and made them work.

Hell, Ostrander even made that whole "Who's throwing these pies!?" thing suspenseful as hell!
Yes ! That suicide Squad had like superhero gi joe feel to it ( only less heroic ) secret six was great to me also , catman talking shyt all for landing a punch on bats :blessed: deadshot betraying his team and almost killing them .... Heroically ?!!?!?? :lupe: bane not using venom and taking those bricks like a champ :blessed:
Dc does weird shyt why give rob I can't draw books and lobdell making superman boring . Why hasn't gail Simone been given a big storyline to work with ? Her and azzarello do great work . Johns did great work and got promoted I'm assuming Snyder is next ....

DMR

Killa
Daps
Yes ! That suicide Squad had like superhero gi joe feel to it ( only less heroic ) secret six was great to me also , catman talking shyt all for landing a punch on bats :blessed: deadshot betraying his team and almost killing them .... Heroically ?!!?!?? :lupe: bane not using venom and taking those bricks like a champ :blessed:

Dc does weird shyt why give rob I can't draw books and lobdell making superman boring . Why hasn't gail Simone been given a big storyline to work with ? Her and azzarello do great work . Johns did great work and got promoted I'm assuming Snyder is next ....

Secret six was :ahh:
why the hell did they cancel this piff :to:

Most of new 52 lineup is straight :trash: status with a very few gems in-between like Wonder Woman and Aquaman

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
How and where can I read, or download, comics online?

I wanna read the trades with Damian Wayne, but Morrison wrote the majority of them, so I don't wanna buy. Can my fellow brethren assist me to save my pockets?

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to download with torrents. I stopped using them. But demonoid used to have a lot of big runs on there.

Final Crisis had all kinds of other stuff written by other writers that coincided with it so shyt was actually missing if you just read the Morrison issues. If you read it all, you read different writers.

His Batman run was actually pretty great if you start at the beginning. I don't remember it being jumpy but it's been a while. His Batman Inc and Batman and Robin issues were better than most stuff on the racks.

The best I've read from him though is All Star Superman. I've made a lot of people read it - especially people that don't like Superman.

JackBrannigan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I keep trying to get through his X-Men run. I've started and stopped several times. So I'm not some fanboy that loves all his stuff.

Now that I'm looking through his stuff again though I did like JLA - Earth 2 and Ultramarine Corps. But I didn't love his entire run of JLA like a lot of other did.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Brehs read God is Dead by Hickman, looks like its gonna be crack! :blessed:

Also Superior Foes of Spider-Man is fukkin hilarious, havent had a laugh like that from a comic book in ages :gladbron:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
BTW, why do people like GM's writing? I read Batman RIP and Final Crisis and was :mindblown: at how shyt was missing and disorganized. It was like he was rushing shyt.
I liked BAtman RIP and didn't think it was as confounding as some of Morrison's other out there works.
He was on some other shyt with Final Crisis though.
When he tones down the lunacy (except for Doom Patrol which was great because of Morrioson's signature insanity) he is one of the best writers out there though. His Justice League run is classic, New X-men was great, All-Star Superman was almost perfect. And his Vertigo work like WE3, Seaguy, The Invisibles, Kill Your Boyfriend...were all amazing reads.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:lupe: you think they aren't using Bronze Tiger cause it's too close to Black Panther?
The New 52 Bronze Tiger is now a humanoid tiger instead of just a brother in a tiger mask who was good at kung-fu.
Not sure how I feel about this.
MZpWrbx.jpg