Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Infinity was righteous once again. Good to see Gladiator getting some burn leading the troops. Corvus Glaive is a sick villain. Can't wait to see Thanos son.

Battle of the Atom was asscheeks. My expectations were already low and the first two issues still managed to be even worse. Bendis will destroy the x-brand. I can already tell this trash won't hold a candle to Messiah Complex, much less Second Coming. Jean Grey in a Xorn mask. :beli:

I don't know if the x-titles can ever recover their quality post-AVX. It's a shame. They used to be the gold standard in Marvel stories.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Infinity was righteous once again. Good to see Gladiator getting some burn leading the troops. Corvus Glaive is a sick villain. Can't wait to see Thanos son.

Battle of the Atom was asscheeks. My expectations were already low and the first two issues still managed to be even worse. Bendis will destroy the x-brand. I can already tell this trash won't hold a candle to Messiah Complex, much less Second Coming. Jean Grey in a Xorn mask. :beli:

I don't know if the x-titles can ever recover their quality post-AVX. It's a shame. They used to be the gold standard in Marvel stories.
Messiah Complex and Second Coming weren't all that breh :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I read a review of trinity war that summed up the problem with it as opposed to infinity ( and I'm a dc head ) it was too much mystery and little payoff by johns ... The main story really only needed three issues , all the red herrings that led nowhere ( despero, the chess pieces the inclusion of the trinity of sin ) the interviews that dc creative gave , all made it seem like a deeper story but really it wasn't that special or original and the side issues led nowhere .
Well you really can't compare Trinity War with Infinity for a couple of reasons noit the least of which is that Trinity War was a self-contained crossover storyline in the Justice League books that really only existed to kick off the Forever Evil Event.
So basically Trinity War is like the early issues of New Avengers/Avengers in that they were pretty much all mystery and set-up to get us to the Infinity event.
The only real comparison can be made between Infinity and Forever Evil since they are both company wide crossover events.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hold up, this is the one with the 3D cover, right? I was horny over that cover, but it's going for like 10 bucks at it's lowest. :childplease:
The speculators came out in droves for these DC 3D covers. shyt was ridiculous for a book that came out yesterday and cost $3.99 to shoot up to $10 in one day.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I like Corvus Glaive but the rest of Thanos' lackeys are meh.
They should kill the other dudes and just have Glaive running around like Thanos' homicidal version of the Silver Surfer.

And anyone who bought Battle of the Atom after the total shytpile that Bendis has produced when given the reigns of an event got what they deserved. Should have read that shyt in the comic shop and then put it back on the shelf or acquired it through "other means".

And that jean Grey reveal was the dumbest fukking thing ever...its not like she wore that stupid Xorn mask just to go back in time and not freak the present day X-Men out; Ilyanna's trip into the future showed her wearing the damn thing there too.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love the x titles, granted i have been out the loop for about three months but they were pretty good...

Actually I take that back All new and uncanny are really good. The rest have fallen off, but for the longest uncanny x-force was amazing too.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hold up, this is the one with the 3D cover, right? I was horny over that cover, but it's going for like 10 bucks at it's lowest. :childplease:
My store had the 3D covers for 3.99 but only a few, I got Darkseid, Joker, Deadshot and then Forever Evil #1 I wanted more but none of the other villians interested me, and I already spent $15 bucks on comic books :comeon:

Any chance these 3D covers will be worth something in the future?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
So I'm guessing Lex is going to be the protagonist in Forever Evil and Nightwing's identity is public now this should be interesting. This already seems like it will be better than Trinity War

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
So I'm guessing Lex is going to be the protagonist in Forever Evil and Nightwing's identity is public now this should be interesting. This already seems like it will be better than Trinity War
Yeah, Lex is going to lead some villains against the Crime Syndicate.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If they continue to pay homage to the old school Crime Syndicate then on Earth 3 Lex Luthor was the world's greatest superhero and Ultra Man hated his guts which would explain why they left Lex out of the Secret Society...they would not want any Luthor to be anywhere near them.
dg1lQra.jpg