Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only the stuff Hickman writes is relevant to the main plot. Everything else is side stories. So that's three books to keep track off, which isn't that bad for a Marvel event.
What three books? Infinity , new avengers And uncanny ?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Uncanny is the nonhavok led team ?? Did baldkbolt reveal a infinity gem at the ending ???? And fukk namor

Uncanny is the crap book, yes.

The 'lights' glowing in their hands is the sign of an incursion, which means an alternate universe earth is about to crash into ours. They stop that by destroying said earth. That's how they lost the infinity gems because they broke in an attempt to use them against one of the earths. For Infinity it's advised to read both Avengers and New Avengers from the beginning, since a lot of it follows directly from those events.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: what's everybody's problem with Young Avengers?

you really that put off by a black character having absorbed all the knowledge of everyone around him for years, both male and female... being bi as a side effect of it?

":scusthov: Awl nawl mayne, this nikka kissin a white boy! this book sucks! I'm done with this shyt! DONE!!!!"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:heh: how they gonna call Havok one of the great mutant leaders like that?

Cable should come through a portal and smack the shyt out of him.

The Apocalypse Twins are great..... but I think Kang is about to wreck their shyt something serious.

THE SENTRY!!! :banderas: I hope he sticks around exactly like this.... so Blue Marvel can have somebody around he can actually punch.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Justice League was okay..... I swear this was the longest interlude to an actual story that I've ever seen, though.

Anybody else notice how (even though the story goes like that) they practically showcased Vic dying in the most gruesome way during the Flashpoint movie.... then had him get stripped here?

all in all, I'm satisfied. I do think Superman should have heard that shyt with The Atom, though. I mean..... how could he NOT!?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justice League was okay..... I swear this was the longest interlude to an actual story that I've ever seen, though.

Anybody else notice how (even though the story goes like that) they practically showcased Vic dying in the most gruesome way during the Flashpoint movie.... then had him get stripped here?

all in all, I'm satisfied. I do think Superman should have heard that shyt with The Atom, though. I mean..... how could he NOT!?
Yeah that was odd and wouldn't they be able to detect radiation poisoning on superman ? It had a interesting conclusion but it could of been better ... Especially how deep and mysterious they made this story seem it reminds me of how I was disappointed with death of the family for not being deeper than a good story
:heh: what's everybody's problem with Young Avengers?

you really that put off by a black character having absorbed all the knowledge of everyone around him for years, both male and female... being bi as a side effect of it?

":scusthov: Awl nawl mayne, this nikka kissin a white boy! this book sucks! I'm done with this shyt! DONE!!!!"
No just don't like the whole vibe he's putting out . The runaways avengers academy and young avengers dealt with similar issues without trying to pander to young trendy people . Maybe at 28 I'm not the audience .

The Apocalypse Twins are great..... but I think Kang is about to wreck their shyt something serious.

THE SENTRY!!! :banderas: I hope he sticks around exactly like this.... so Blue Marvel can have somebody around he can actually punch.
Is uncanny better than avengers ?? And the havok love is ehh seeing as how he went from star jammer Spacepirate to Uncle Tom cornball . It seems like they took away all of the events he's been through besides xfactor . I'm surprised he even listened to cable and didn't seal him in the negative zone .

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Young Avengers is it's on some "HIpster-pop culture reference-aint I clever" bullshyt. The Tone of the book is wack and many of us have been saying that from the first issue.

I WANT to like the book but the writer makes the characters fukking annoying.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I typically really like the Havoc character but there's a lot of shyt i hate about Uncanny Avengers.

It's definitely a book that's trying to deal with issues of the minority experience, but it constantly comes through the dialog that it's being written by someone that is looking through the lens of Privilege.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

maybe he steps up?
wolverine would have been more appropriate though.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I typically really like the Havoc character but there's a lot of shyt i hate about Uncanny Avengers.

It's definitely a book that's trying to deal with issues of the minority experience, but it constantly comes through the dialog that it's being written by someone that is looking through the lens of Privilege.

you got that from uncanny avengers?

shyt i just look at it as cool stories but all the fear got taken out of the apocalypse kid story when they want to save mutants and not cause and damage. :smh:
I hate when they do that to the villains.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you got that from uncanny avengers?

shyt i just look at it as cool stories but all the fear got taken out of the apocalypse kid story when they want to save mutants and not cause and damage. :smh:
I hate when they do that to the villains.

I get that from the parts when Remender is focusing on the minority metaphor. He's well intentioned but not a strong enough writer (or a humble enough person) to be trying to broach these subjects in a meaningful way.

The things that focus more on the superhero aspect of this is actually very well done.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Why did Wondergirl have to do that to my boy Red Robin

You can't trust these hoes :bryan:

and what's up with comic creators making the only minorities in books gay its becoming a trend

Miguel is still great tho