Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
You nikkas checked Infinity yet? :lupe:
First issue right? Heard about this crossover shyt, and I got to mire that piffery. Even though I don't fukk with them avengers and :flabbynsick: squads(fantastic four :scusthov:) this must be awesome.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Can I get a background on this? I thought the 4th episode was the original :dead:

it's just a story based on his rough draft and original ideas for the series. the one he had before it became the Star Wars we all know.

Luke Starkiller/Skywalker looks like a straight George Lucas expy, on some wish fulfillment shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
With all the talk about characters being better simply because they're black/would be better if they were made black......

there's been no talk about this month's reveal that Bloodshot is apparently a black dude with a bunch of falsely implanted memories. Cause they couldn't find any better soldiers.

I thought nikkas would be ecstatic.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So, after reading Justice League Dark, I'm assuming that whenever somebody touched Pandora's Box, they get switched with their Earth 3 counterparts? Only reason I could figure for the Shazam/Black Adamish costume change.

Would also be the reason for the sick Superman. Earth 3 Superman/Ultraman is powered by kryptonite.

Our favorite morally gray trife god real nikka John Constantine didn't change, though. :mjpls:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
With all the talk about characters being better simply because they're black/would be better if they were made black......

there's been no talk about this month's reveal that Bloodshot is apparently a black dude with a bunch of falsely implanted memories. Cause they couldn't find any better soldiers.

Probably because the issue itself wasn't that good (at least to me). Some histories work better if kept vague and hinted at, like we already knew Bloodshot used to be ruthless. Giving us five pages of expostion about how Bloodshyt was killing children around the globe is just redundant.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Probably because the issue itself wasn't that good (at least to me). Some histories work better if kept vague and hinted at, like we already knew Bloodshot used to be ruthless. Giving us five pages of expostion about how Bloodshyt was killing children around the globe is just redundant.

you're right on with that. I've actually never seen a "dark and mysterious" character get better once their origin is revealed. ''Except maybe the punisher.

Anything other than that, you wind up with Boondocks Logan, Whore Bagging Thanos, Cyke and Jean raising Cable, etc. etc....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I couldn't read Avengers. Art was horrible.
Leinil Francis Yu is not the artist to do a widescreen extended space battle.
But as much as I didn't like the art I think I disliked the actual story even more. I honestly don't think I give two fukks about anything that is going on with this Infinity story after reading the first issue and the tie-ins I am getting the feeling that there is going to be very little Thanos an instead a lot of these henchman that I really have no interest in plus this Builders nonsense that I was never that high on to begin with.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
So, after reading Justice League Dark, I'm assuming that whenever somebody touched Pandora's Box, they get switched with their Earth 3 counterparts? Only reason I could figure for the Shazam/Black Adamish costume change.

Would also be the reason for the sick Superman. Earth 3 Superman/Ultraman is powered by kryptonite.

Our favorite morally gray trife god real nikka John Constantine didn't change, though. :mjpls:
I don't think so. The box corrupts whoever touches it, not switches places with them. Constantine didn't change because hes already do corrupted. If the box did switch you Constantine would have been affected because I'm sure theirs an Earth 3 Constantine. Also if the box did switch places with whoever touched it, the outsider wouldnt have said "Its time to open it" because the box would have been opened already.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Well he does look Caucasianish now so the reveal really changes nothing

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't think so. The box corrupts whoever touches it, not switches places with them. Constantine didn't change because hes already do corrupted. If the box did switch you Constantine would have been affected because I'm sure theirs an Earth 3 Constantine. Also if the box did switch places with whoever touched it, the outsider wouldnt have said "Its time to open it" because the box would have been opened already.

I think the box originated from Earth 3....probably made by the gods of that earth. I think the Seven Deadly Sins were cast out by the Wizards of Earth Prime and ended up on Earth 3 and corrupted it. They were then partners with the Crime Syndicate of that earth and everything was fine until something more evil came along. Remember Darkseid invaded Earth Prime and Earth 2 at the same time. I bet he invaded Earth 3 too and that's why Earth 3 Alfred/Outsider says he watched his world destroyed. It's not the Flashpoint earth but earth 3 he's talking about.

After Darkseid was driven off, their world was pretty much ruined and they needed a new one. They figure away to send Outsider to Earth Prime (for some reason only one person could go through. Maybe with some kind of magic or a boom tube only able to be used once) with Pandora's box which is filled with the seven deadly sins. The plan? Get Shazam to touch the box which magically will open the doorway to Earth 3 with the heroes swapping places with Crime Syndicate. The reason some heroes don't get swapped? They have no counterpart on Earth 3.....either killed or never created. That's why in the solicitations they say Owlman has plans for Nightwing. He doesn't want to kill him....but corrupt him. He needs a new partner since his was killed in Darkseid's invasion.

And I'm done with my long theories .

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What exactly is Battle for the Atom gonna be? We were making progress. Cyclops got his crew, Logan's school is...sorta working out....things are business as usual in the mutant world.
batman and nightwing....:bryan: i almost shed a tear brehs

DAMIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :banderas: IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN JASON! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN JASSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!:sadbron:
It shouldn't have been any of the sons breh...why can't Bruce have his family? Can Bats live? Just for a little bit?

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BARBARA :pacspit:

fukk you mean you taking the bat off your costume? You think this is a sorority or some shyt? :dahell: