Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I always loved the rouges ... I hated Barry but I remember as a kid whenever Wally was in the speed force and saw hints of Barry it was amazing .wheres Wally west in the new 52

I always felt Barry was inferior. There has always been a.... generational disconnect with the character. I mean....

Wally was the Flash we literally grew up with, watched him mature, watched him learn to use his powers in new and unconventional ways.

Barry's always had that boringly written goody goody Captain America vibe to him. "Just write him as wholesome as possible. Give him personality quirks instead of a personality (like always being late). Soooo coool."

Hell, Jay Garrick>>>>Barry Allen as a character. Dude got zero personality.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So, The Hunger:

I'm not shytting on the book, It's just some things I didn't know.

Rick Jones is a combination of Mar-Vell and Quasar?

Gah-Lak-Tus is basically the Annihilation Wave?

OG Galactus manifested into the Ultimate U using the same visual that The Beyonder caused waaaay back in Secret Wars... except where The Beyonder just.... made a speech through a hole, Galactus tore that shyt open with his bare hands!!!!!!!!!

I..... didn't expect that ending to happen. :ooh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always felt Barry was inferior. There has always been a.... generational disconnect with the character. I mean....

Wally was the Flash we literally grew up with, watched him mature, watched him learn to use his powers in new and unconventional ways.

Barry's always had that boringly written goody goody Captain America vibe to him. "Just write him as wholesome as possible. Give him personality quirks instead of a personality (like always being late). Soooo coool."

Hell, Jay Garrick>>>>Barry Allen as a character. Dude got zero personality.
the guy who trained impulse n
I mean how does Wally just not exist :dwillhuh: I guess when he gets with iris he could come around but impulse already there it would be odd. Barry I remember for " killing"zoom iris death , and his sacrifice . He's pretty corny outside of that

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I always loved the rouges ... I hated Barry but I remember as a kid whenever Wally was in the speed force and saw hints of Barry it was amazing .wheres Wally west in the new 52
He might be the Flash in the new Justice League 3000 comic that is coming out soon:
9KbT6Ud.jpg

So, The Hunger:

OG Galactus manifested into the Ultimate U using the same visual that The Beyonder caused waaaay back in Secret Wars... except where The Beyonder just.... made a speech through a hole, Galactus tore that shyt open with his bare hands!!!!!!!!!

Aside from Ultimate Spider-Man, the Ultimate Universe is trash and has been for a while now. They need to hurry up and let Galactus just eat the whole damn universe and put it out of its misery.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the guy who trained impulse n
I mean how does Wally just not exist :dwillhuh: I guess when he gets with iris he could come around but impulse already there it would be odd. Barry I remember for " killing"zoom iris death , and his sacrifice . He's pretty corny outside of that

If I remember right, his killing Zoom was boring. it was just something that he did and it didn't seem to affect him in the slightest. If I remember right.

Kinda :demonic: now that I think about it.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
So, The Hunger:

Rick Jones is Nova

Galactus's dialogue once he came through was pretty funny

Aside from Ultimate Spider-Man, the Ultimate Universe is trash and has been for a while now. They need to hurry up and let Galactus just eat the whole damn universe and put it out of its misery.

No it hasn't Hickman's Ultimates run was great only trash part was Humphries run but its good again since he left.I won't talk about Ult X-Men cuz I don't read it. Let us fans enjoy the universe dawg no need to want it to end

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I always wanted Stryfe to be the real Nathan Summers.

way I see it, Stryfe's powers never burned him out. Vulcan's powers weren't killing him.

Cable and AoA Nate Grey's powers are too much for them. They'll die from them if they arent dampened.

Only way see it happening like that is if they were the clones and never knew it.

Maybe Cable subconsciously keeps infecting himself with TechnoVirus variants and replacing his body with machine parts cause he knows his imperfect clone body is gonna deteriorate regardless.... :mjpls: