Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
he was but apparently he was made from shatterstar's dna. so technically shatterstar is longshot's father who then knocked up dazzler who gave birth to shatterstar :mindblown: time paradox?????

ok got it.

explains why he came from the future.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Superior Carnage was actually pretty good.

question

i was kind of turned off by the portrayal of The wizard. He never struck me as a killer just because someone angered him. Do you think the portrayal was accurate?

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The variant cover for Superior Spidey #17 by J.G. Jones featuring Spidey 2099.

SUPSM2013017_JGVAR.jpeg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
A Gay Spider- Man? WTF:laugh:...this was so wild I almost felt compelled to start a thread on it.
Andrew Garfield has loved Spider-Man since he was a little kid. He can speak eloquently and at length about how open the Spider-verse is for interpretation. Recently, he says, he had a philosophical discussion with producer Matt Tolmach about Mary Jane or “MJ” to fans. “I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”

Garfield even has an actor in mind: “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better—we’d have interracial bisexuality!” The star has clearly suggested a sexually flexible Spidey to his director, Marc Webb, as well. When EW later mentions the idea to Webb, the director says, “Michael B. Jordan, I know.” Oh, so he’s heard this too? “Uh, are you kidding?”

For more on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and all of EW‘s Comic-Con coverage, pick up the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, on stands Friday July 11.

As for X-Factor? But I've read alot of the reaction...mostly positive but it seems Dazzler won't be finding out about it. It will always be there...hanging over her.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
There is a thread on it already. Garfield wanted mj to be Wallace from the wire. Lots of jokes were said.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All new x-men and uncanny xmen are so good right now. I haven't enjoyed X books this much sense the 90's

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Goddamn they've ruined Thanos.

But how can you ruin a character like Death!?

How???? :mindblown:

I had completely forgotten that Thanos Uprising was still going on till I saw the latest issue and Jason Aaron just continues to make Thanos into a completely lame ass character.
And the best part of then Thanos/Death relationship is that Thanos is obsessed with her while Lady Death acts like he doesn't even exist. Now Death is seemingly just as obsessed with Thanos as he is with her except she is also a gigantic cock tease.

My favorite inhuman has always been karnak, just based off his fighting and striking abillity, he once shook his hand so fast that he smacked the vision when he tried to walk through him, then split an entire street in half with one chop burying the hulk
theincrediblehulkv21751sx6.jpg

Karnak is my favorite too...his ability to find the weak point in any person or thing is really cool.

Highfather: "what good is a dog that doesn't obey? :birdman:"

Orion: "I... I'm sorry. :to:"

Me: :huhldup:

Highfather is a jerk. lol

He was just giving Orion that tough love...he was pleased when he disobeyed him at the end.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember when everyone was pissed. I haven't heard of ANYONE clamoring for the return of Peter Parker in over 2 months.

Now If Only Dan Slott was writing Uncanny X-Men instead Of Bendis.

Who actually might be a pretty decent fit on this book.
I think superior is a good book I won't lie but his handling of the change over made me jaded so I don't follow it religiously . I wouldn't mind a world where both Spock and og existed . Doubt that happens but I wouldn't

Trinity War is just :wow: Only one issue in and I'm like :ohhh: :blessed:

I'm 2 issues in and :wow: my homie big question . My boy kal :wtf: this already a billion times better than aou. I like that it will be selfcontained and I don't have to to read the periphery shyt like in marvel events ( fear itself main story left out so much shyt :trash:) I'm coping phantom stranger #11 to read up on doctor light though . The question shining again:stylin: Constantine leading teams while being a lecherous dirt bag :smugfavre:shazam no longer being the big red cheese:ooh: vibe sonning Barry :mj:
What I wonder is if Barry ever gets held accountable for his role in the creation of new 52!? And where's Wally west

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think superior is a good book I won't lie but his handling of the change over made me jaded so I don't follow it religiously . I wouldn't mind a world where both Spock and og existed . Doubt that happens but I wouldn't

I'm 2 issues in and :wow: my homie big question . My boy kal :wtf: this already a billion times better than aou. I like that it will be selfcontained and I don't have to to read the periphery shyt like in marvel events ( fear itself main story left out so much shyt :trash:) I'm coping phantom stranger #11 to read up on doctor light though . The question shining again:stylin: Constantine leading teams while being a lecherous dirt bag :smugfavre:shazam no longer being the big red cheese:ooh: vibe sonning Barry :mj:
What I wonder is if Barry ever gets held accountable for his role in the creation of new 52!? And where's Wally west

That "Outsider" dude is one creepy kkkracka.

I can't WAIT 2 see how he "kills" tha Justice Leagues and starts "Forever

Evil".

:myman:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I had completely forgotten that Thanos Uprising was still going on till I saw the latest issue and Jason Aaron just continues to make Thanos into a completely lame ass character.
And the best part of then Thanos/Death relationship is that Thanos is obsessed with her while Lady Death acts like he doesn't even exist. Now Death is seemingly just as obsessed with Thanos as he is with her except she is also a gigantic cock tease.

okay, so you got this character, right.

She's basically a skeleton in a dark purple robe.

When she ain't a skeleton, she's a generic looking pale white woman in a dark purple robe.

She's only spoken once or twice in her 40 year history. Rarely even moves.

She once showed up as a little girl.

But for all intents and purposes, she just...... stands there.

HOW DO YOU fukk THAT UP. :mindblown: