Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
What is her power?

she can read and manipulate auras and the effect a person's aura has on them.

Like she can see someone's angry red aura around them and turn it another color, making them calm down or whatever.

It sounds pretty useless, but it has it's uses I guess. lol

empathic telepathy.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
How is Marvel doing so many events? Thats gonna be expensive, glad aside from those two X-men titles, I read exclusively DC also whats the difference between the mutants and Inhumans? It seems like they're both hated by the regular Human population.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
How is Marvel doing so many events? Thats gonna be expensive, glad aside from those two X-men titles, I read exclusively DC also whats the difference between the mutants and Inhumans? It seems like they're both hated by the regular Human population.

shyt is getting annoying Battle of The Atom and Infinity are going on @ the same time like that the lost my $$$ for Battle of Atom just gonna cop the All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men issues the rest online. We already know about the next event after Infinity that makes it 4 major events this year

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

9w0Qa2V.jpg

The Kree experimented on some cave men splicing Eternal (they are like Marvel's versions of the DC's New Gods) DNA with the humans and created the Inhuman race. The Inhumans removed themselves from the rest of humanity and built a technologically advanced society with their biggest achievement being the Terrigen Mists that Inhumans get exposed to at adolescence which gives them their super-powers but in some cases it can just cause horrible deformities.
They live in a city called Attilan that was hidden on Earth for centuries then they moved to the moon and after that they took over the Kree Empire (don't know what happened after the cosmic marvel books got canceled though).
As a rule The Inhumans are isolationists and are not cool with intermingling between Inhumans and other races which is why when Quicksilver married and knocked up the Inhuman Crystal (Crystal is a bit of a ho though; she has boned tons of non-Inhumans) all hell broke loose for a while.
They are led by Black Bolt and his Royal Family:
Medusa (Black Bolt's wife)
Maximus the Mad (Black Bolt's brother)
Crystal (Medusa's sister)
Karnak (cousin)
Gorgon (cousin)
Triton (cousin)
Luna (Crystal's daughter with Quicksilver)
Lockjaw (either a pet with teleportation powers or an intelligent member of the family depending on who is writing the story)
Ronan the Accuser (Kree warrior and Crystal's new husband)

They are allies of the Fantastic Four with Crystal and Medusa actually being former members of the team. Crystal was also on the Avengers.

And with the upcoming "Inhumanity" event crossover The Inhumans will be set up as Marvel's "primary metaphor for oppression and alienation in the Marvel Universe", which makes me wonder where that leaves the X-Men and the rest of the mutants.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't be the only person getting sick of seeing Black Widow involved in these things..

She barely plays a role in most of this stuff and is clearly just being put there because she was in the movie. Falcon's appearances in these things has been just as lame.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
All the stuff I have read about this is making it sound like they are setting up the Inhumans to be the new mutants of the Marvel U and I am not too sure about that idea.
I was hoping to see a Game of Thrones take showing palace intrigue and backstabbing between the Inhumans and the Kree.

yes

remember when the Inhumans 'conquered' the Kree when Ronan bowed down to Black Bolt? good times!

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Got the Before Watchmen HCs and Batman: Black Mirror on deck. :takedat:

And :mindblown: at how many Infinity crossovers our on deck between the first 3 issues. I'm a huge Thanos stan so I'ma only cop those if he has a major role in them.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
9w0Qa2V.jpg

The Kree experimented on some cave men splicing Eternal (they are like Marvel's versions of the DC's New Gods) DNA with the humans and created the Inhuman race. The Inhumans removed themselves from the rest of humanity and built a technologically advanced society with their biggest achievement being the Terrigen Mists that Inhumans get exposed to at adolescence which gives them their super-powers but in some cases it can just cause horrible deformities.
They live in a city called Attilan that was hidden on Earth for centuries then they moved to the moon and after that they took over the Kree Empire (don't know what happened after the cosmic marvel books got canceled though).
As a rule The Inhumans are isolationists and are not cool with intermingling between Inhumans and other races which is why when Quicksilver married and knocked up the Inhuman Crystal (Crystal is a bit of a ho though; she has boned tons of non-Inhumans) all hell broke loose for a while.
They are led by Black Bolt and his Royal Family:
Medusa (Black Bolt's wife)
Maximus the Mad (Black Bolt's brother)
Crystal (Medusa's sister)
Karnak (cousin)
Gorgon (cousin)
Triton (cousin)
Luna (Crystal's daughter with Quicksilver)
Lockjaw (either a pet with teleportation powers or an intelligent member of the family depending on who is writing the story)
Ronan the Accuser (Kree warrior and Crystal's new husband)

They are allies of the Fantastic Four with Crystal and Medusa actually being former members of the team. Crystal was also on the Avengers.

And with the upcoming "Inhumanity" event crossover The Inhumans will be set up as Marvel's "primary metaphor for oppression and alienation in the Marvel Universe", which makes me wonder where that leaves the X-Men and the rest of the mutants.

My favorite inhuman has always been karnak, just based off his fighting and striking abillity, he once shook his hand so fast that he smacked the vision when he tried to walk through him, then split an entire street in half with one chop burying the hulk
theincrediblehulkv21751sx6.jpg

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not gonna lie Batman '66 looks like a fun read

need to catch up on back issues of wonder woman, fables, uncanny x force

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I can't be the only person getting sick of seeing Black Widow involved in these things..

She barely plays a role in most of this stuff and is clearly just being put there because she was in the movie. Falcon's appearances in these things has been just as lame.

Read Avengers earlier, the robot is taking out Thor and Hyperion, yet she's part of the charge shooting at it.

:wtf: X-Factor

Shatterstar is Longshot's father, but Longshot got Dazzler pregnant and she gives birth to Star. I get its a rip on Terminator but :comeon:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Read Avengers earlier, the robot is taking out Thor and Hyperion, yet she's part of the charge shooting at it.

:wtf: X-Factor

Shatterstar is Longshot's father, but Longshot got Dazzler pregnant and she gives birth to Star. I get its a rip on Terminator but :comeon:

:wtf:

i thought longshot was made in a lab by mojo so he can keep entertaining the masses.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:wtf:

i thought longshot was made in a lab by mojo so he can keep entertaining the masses.

he was but apparently he was made from shatterstar's dna. so technically shatterstar is longshot's father who then knocked up dazzler who gave birth to shatterstar :mindblown: time paradox?????