Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
It happened in the present but he wasn't in control, Xanadu saw the aftermath.

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: best visual cue would be that "future" sign in the window blinked out when the chick walked in, right? props for clearing that up. I'll reread the issue tomorrow.

but do you think there's any significance to:

• Pandora's box having 3 eyesockets,
  • Despero showing up and taking a dive (cause unless Despero's been SEVERELY depowered, Martian Manhunter shouldn't be soloing him any more than any Marvel hero should be soloing Thanos)
  • Supes growing a third eye all of the sudden,
  • Them referencing this super old school issue:
0803_jla1.jpg

really, it's almost like they're setting up to retell JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice. Shazam, Despero, multiple Justice teams and the Seven Deadly Sins.

1391_400x600.jpg

If anybody else is reading this but have never read this story, please do. Hell of a read.

maybe I just did a Quantum level of reaching, though. :russ:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: best visual cue would be that "future" sign in the window blinked out when the chick walked in, right? props for clearing that up. I'll reread the issue tomorrow.

• Despero showing up and taking a dive (cause unless Despero's been SEVERELY depowered, Martian Manhunter shouldn't be soloing him any more than any Marvel hero should be soloing Thanos)
0803_jla1.jpg

really, it's almost like they're setting up to retell JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice. Shazam, Despero, multiple Justice teams and the Seven Deadly Sins.

1391_400x600.jpg

If anybody else is reading this but have never read this story, please do. Hell of a read.

:ohhh: gotta look into it

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Im trying to catch up with my boy Mike Turner series' Fathom. Good read. It has the old Namor Atlantis vs the surface world feel.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York

0803_jla1.jpg

1391_400x600.jpg

Wow, thats just genius. Would make sense about why his chess piece was missing from the board, maybe the secretly society has it and they can control him with it, which would be how they made him kill Dr Light.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
^^^^
If anything she would know that is not Peter. Could be the beginning of the end.

You know damn well how misleading covers are.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

0803_jla1.jpg

1391_400x600.jpg

I figured Despero was going to be involved in something bigger after the way J'onn took him out so easily and with Superman growing a 3rd eye after touching Pandora's Box it's pretty much a definite.
I wonder if Despero switched places with Supes and the guy J'onn took out waste ally Superman while Despero is the one who killed Dr. Light?

And Virtue & Vice is a really good read. It is one of the best JLA/JSA crossovers ever.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I figured Despero was going to be involved in something bigger after the way J'onn took him out so easily and with Superman growing a 3rd eye after touching Pandora's Box it's pretty much a definite.
I wonder if Despero switched places with Supes and the guy J'onn took out waste ally Superman while Despero is the one who killed Dr. Light?

And Virtue & Vice is a really good read. It is one of the best JLA/JSA crossovers ever.

Power Girl in this story, breh... :noah:

Them getting desperate and dropping the Rock of Eternity point first on Despero :gladbron:

Him picking that motherfukker up!!!!
:damn::damn::damn:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Slott and Hickman are my two go-to writers on Marvel right now. Bendis is a guy that has some great concepts from time to time but it is the dialogue that irritates me. A lot of characters come off sounding less intelligent than they should be..