Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Immomen is the artist.

BMB writes ANXM

:yayo:

get your facts straight

of course he does.

tumblr_lkjvzfr72K1qanxaqo1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
of course he does.

tumblr_lkjvzfr72K1qanxaqo1_500.gif

I can't stand a hard headed nikka.

ANXMEN2012013_DC11_LR-1.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #13
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A/C)
• The All-New X-Men find themselves face-to-face with the UNCANNY AVENGERS!
• Young Cyclops meets the adult version of the little brother he thought he may never see again.

From Wiki

Publication information
Publisher Marvel Comics
Schedule Biweekly
Format Ongoing series
Genre Superhero
Publication date November 2012
Main character(s) Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, Shadowcat, Storm, Wolverine
Creative team
Writer(s) Brian Michael Bendis
Artist(s) Stuart Immonen
Creator(s) Brian Michael Bendis & Stuart Immonen

How the fukk you nikkas gonna read comics, if you can't read PERIOD.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can't believe homie just insulted my intelligence like that.

Look, brehs. Bendis name IS up there as writer. But the only thing he wrote in the last issue of ANXM was Iceman's dialogue. It's the reason why Iceman sounded like he belonged in one of Bendis' early decompressed Avengers issues.

It's been like that since the book started.

Bendis has admitted that he's done the same thing on Powers, put himself as writer and not billed Oeming as co-writer, just letting Oeming write because he could write.

He did the same thing on Secret Warriors, putting himself as author or co-writer when all he did was pitch the idea and Hickman was writing it.

He got the same accusations when Bagley left Ultimate Spiderman and Immomen came on and the writing style changed.

How you gonna complain about the severe jump in the style and quality of a writer, then tell me I can't read when I point out the obvious?

I SEE where bendis' name is on the cover and in the credits, but I can READ well enough to be able to tell when Bendis is or isn't writing a story.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I can't believe homie just insulted my intelligence like that.

Look, brehs. Bendis name IS up there as writer. But the only thing he wrote in the last issue of ANXM was Iceman's dialogue. It's the reason why Iceman sounded like he belonged in one of Bendis' early decompressed Avengers issues.

It's been like that since the book started.

Bendis has admitted that he's done the same thing on Powers, put himself as writer and not billed Oeming as co-writer, just letting Oeming write because he could write.

He did the same thing on Secret Warriors, putting himself as author or co-writer when all he did was pitch the idea and Hickman was writing it.

He got the same accusations when Bagley left Ultimate Spiderman and Immomen came on and the writing style changed.

How you gonna complain about the severe jump in the style and quality of a writer, then tell me I can't read when I point out the obvious?

I SEE where bendis' name is on the cover and in the credits, but I can READ well enough to be able to tell when Bendis is or isn't writing a story.

Or maybe he just switches up his style :aicmon:

Every good writer should be able to do that that's why his Daredevil, Ult Spider-Man, X-Men books writing styles are never the same

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
mr negative could be right. Stan Lee use to do the same thing just put his name as the writer and give the aritist the outline of the story and just let them write the dialog and make up the scenes.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was reading on another forum that his name is The Outsider and that a previous version existed in the Flashpoint alternate universe

After doing some research, I found out that there was another version of The Outsider that existed waaay back in the Silver Age before the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, and that version of the character was revealed to be

:usure:
Alfred :krs: which would make sense, given how he looks and how he knew about the batcave

how he made it to the new 52 universe is still a mystery though :patrice:

:krs: That would be crazy, I know in JLA #5 I think his name was Paleman and he said something like if only the joker could see me now. But its weird because paleman already existed in the new 52, he was a villian in Static Shock, and he looked more like a Joker knockoff but I guess since that got cancelled it doesnt exists anymore

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Every good writer should be able to do that that's why his Daredevil, Ult Spider-Man, X-Men books writing styles are never the same

Bendis has one style and it tends to fit some characters/situations better than others. But there has never been anything even remotely approaching a switch in writing style from Bendis. If the style of a book with his name on it shows a noticeable change in style than 9 times out of 10 Bendis has a ghostwriter.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:heh: comic book writers and artists styles don't change from book to book.

they may change over time as they find and fit into their own style and it evolves, but that's it.

It's the reason why you automatically know there's a fill-in artist or writer as soon as you start reading even if you didnt even look at the cover credits.

Look at Matt Fraction on Iron Fist, Iron Man and Hawkeye.

Gail Simone on Birds of Prey, Welcome to Tranquility and Secret Six.

Morrison on JLA, Seven Soldiers and Batman, Inc.

Warren Ellis on... hell, any of Warren Ellis' stuff.

Christopher Priest on The Ray, Quantum and Woody and Black Panther.

Anything that an artist draws.

Different characters and settings or even Universes but the same voice and writing style.

Compare that to Bendis on All New X men, those first couple of issues of Secret Warriors, Ultimate Spider Man and his run on Avengers. :aicmon:

You wanna compare Alias, Daredevil, Sam and Twitch, Jinx, A.K.A. Goldfish, Moon Knight and Spider Woman? Cool.

You wanna compare Ultimate Spiderman #110 to Ultimate Spiderman #111 ? :usure:

good luck on your bid, by the way.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Superman melting heads :MyGod:

I need to go back and reread it cause I sorta just glossed over it once I felt they were gonna do the "Shazam is the purest ever and has the power of Gods so let him fix it" thing...

but Supes blasting dude in the face... that was something that hasn't happened yet, right?

Xanadu was seeing it happen in the future... right?

Them carrying on the narrative even after Xanadu was taken out makes it hard to figure....

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I need to go back and reread it cause I sorta just glossed over it once I felt they were gonna do the "Shazam is the purest ever and has the power of Gods so let him fix it" thing...

but Supes blasting dude in the face... that was something that hasn't happened yet, right?

Xanadu was seeing it happen in the future... right?

Them carrying on the narrative even after Xanadu was taken out makes it hard to figure....

It happened in the present but he wasn't in control, Xanadu saw the aftermath.