Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Exactly !!! Xavier sent the original xmen out to fight yet he's a saint :leostare:cyke does it he's a extremist . I don't see him doing anything they hasn't been done by Xavier except not take any crap

That's old cyke. He organically changed I mean he saw Genoaha destroyed, no more mutants , kids getting attacked and killed :usure: he didn't just flip a switch

True he started changing under Morrision which was a good thing. But don't call Havok a tool when Cyke was doing the same thing back in the day.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And now Cyclops is getting all this love?

He was the corniest motherfukker in x-men for the longest. Give him a few Malcolm x quotes and all of sudden he is interesting again.

I've been a Cyclops fan for years.

The vast majority o that "Cyclops is corny" bullshyt comes from the Jim Lee era stuff where they basically made him the authority figure for the others to rebel against.

I remember when Cyclops was single handedly beating down entire teams of X-Men by himself. Obliterating Apocalypse with a single optic blast, and being the only person who could get Wolverine it fall in line.

Where is Vulcan ? Dead? Why hasn't havok tried to really hear out Scott. It seem like from jump he made his mind up to be against cyke .

As of right now nobody really knows that happend to Vulcan. At first everybody thought he was dead, but since Black Bolt is still alive there's a chance Vulcan is also.

Well mutant x havok was interesting . Captain America a man I never saw get involved before now suddenly wants to tell mutants how to live :wtb: I used to like how even though you would think he's close minded cap was a pretty openminded but now he's a fascist.

Actually Mutant X Havok is the the same as the current Havok. And you're dead right about Cap. I'm sick of seeing he constantly just roll up and people and demand they submit because they're dangerous, while at the same time being cool with Wanda walking around freely.

Exactly !!! Xavier sent the original xmen out to fight yet he's a saint :leostare:cyke does it he's a extremist . I don't see him doing anything they hasn't been done by Xavier except not take any crap

Everything that Cyclops has done Xavier did at some point.

Xavier had children fight his battles. He covered up the fact that he got a group of kids killed. He enslaved Danger. He's faked his death numerous times. He did all that shyt with the Illuminati. He mind wiped and basically enslaved Wolverine during their first meeting.

Xavier got a LONG history of shady shyt.

he learned it from his big brother or did you did you forget that cyclops started x-factor. And when he did it he was hunting down mutants for the government.

:ooh:

:rudy:

Stop trying to spin shyt.

X-Factor was originally formed to PROTECT mutants. They posed as Mutant Hunters so they could work out in the open. That's why they had two sets of costumes.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

The vast majority o that "Cyclops is corny" bullshyt comes from the Jim Lee era stuff where they basically made him the authority figure for the others to rebel against.

I remember when Cyclops was single handedly beating down entire teams of X-Men by himself. Obliterating Apocalypse with a single optic blast, and being the only person who could get Wolverine it fall in line.

As of right now nobody really knows that happend to Vulcan. At first everybody thought he was dead, but since Black Bolt is still alive there's a chance Vulcan is also.

Actually Mutant X Havok is the the same as the current Havok. And you're dead right about Cap. I'm sick of seeing he constantly just roll up and people and demand they submit because they're dangerous, while at the same time being cool with Wanda walking around freely.

Xavier had children fight his battles. He covered up the fact that he got a group of kids killed. He enslaved Danger. He's faked his death numerous times. He did all that shyt with the Illuminati. He mind wiped and basically enslaved Wolverine during their first meeting.

X-Factor was originally formed to PROTECT mutants. They posed as Mutant Hunters so they could work out in the open. That's why they had two sets of costumes.

And Havok did that out in the open without the pretense. Havok was as much as tool as cyke. You are right though i grew up on the 90's era cyclops and that was one whack motherfukker. Gold team strom as the leader was where it was at.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

[B]I always like cyke and gambit and cannonball :jawalrus: cyke was always the quintessential xmen to me
:lawd:

No I know it's the same . I'm just saying the way he was portrayed . Now I feel like I see why all the bytches love cyke alex is a cornball :what:
What's cap is doing is as bad as the registration act :what: it's pretty much some if your not a avenger than you shouldn't be a superhero .

Xavier was way worse than cyke. It seems like just because he's not overly upset over professors death they won't let it go

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Havok did that out in the open without the pretense. Havok was as much as tool as cyke. You are right though i grew up on the 90's era cyclops and that was one whack motherfukker. Gold team strom as the leader was where it was at.

:childplease:

Havok actually was working for the Government and he wasn't protecting mutants, he was protecting humans from Mutants. He was pretty much playing the same role he's playing now in Uncanny Avengers.

Cyclops and his X-Factor had to disguise themselves because they were already publicly known as X-Men and they used the pretense as a means of getting information about things that would be a threat.

The Best Cyclops stuff is everything before Jim Lee and everything after the Search for Cyclops storyline. He had his moments here and there between those periods, but like I said they turned him into an authority figure for others to rebel against.

Joss Whedon and Grant Morrison deserve the most credit for getting Cyclops out of that bullshyt.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:

Havok actually was working for the Government and he wasn't protecting mutants, he was protecting humans from Mutants. He was pretty much playing the same role he's playing now in Uncanny Avengers.

Cyclops and his X-Factor had to disguise themselves because they were already publicly known as X-Men and they used the pretense as a means of getting information about things that would be a threat.

The Best Cyclops stuff is everything before Jim Lee and everything after the Search for Cyclops storyline. He had his moments here and there between those periods, but like I said they turned him into an authority figure for others to rebel against.

Joss Whedon and Grant Morrison deserve the most credit for getting Cyclops out of that bullshyt.

They are getting on my nerves with the way characters talk about cyclops as if he's magneto and running around trying to exterminate humans.

What do you think Is going to happen the old school xmen? Sent back with a mind wipe ?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yo, how the fukk is Wolverine getting a pass for all this shyt he's been doing but Cyclops is treated as public enemy #1 .

Ahem...

I'd say its a few reason...

First of all, it IS a double standard, but with Wolverine because of his past and he was a killer BEFORE becoming a hero, nobody really holds him too far above that low standard.

Second, it was more about Cyclops killing Xavier, who was well liked and respected among the superhero community. Had Cyclops killed a random villain or even a random X-Man, people wouldn't trip as much. The Avengers have a long history of NOT giving a fukk when it comes to mutant problems and Cap has even admitted as such, hence his attempt to rectify that with Uncanny Avengers.

Third, Despite his rep, a lot of the other heroes have worked with Logan and kind of like him, whereas really none of them have any sort of relationship with Scott. Its bias in the same way, all the Avengers give Tony a pass from Civil War to now for the bullshyt he pulled.

Fourth, Wolverine himself even admitted he took the Cyclops thing personal TO Cyclops in AvX consequences.

Its all character/human bias which Cyclops has called everyone out on, which is why he is doing the holy work in Uncanny :smugcena:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I forgot Uncanny Avengers even came out until I looked on Biafra's blog.

.....can somebody explain to me why Wolverine is seeing a dead Kid Apocalypse?

Didn't we go over this last month?

Wolverine's current status quo is that he is taking a stance against being the killer he had been. He's not really good at it yet tho lol.

And regardless of how it may have been portrayed, Logan drowning his own son HAD to fukk with him at SOME core level.

For some reason, Xavier's death means more than him killing his own kids and doing everything in his power to to try to kill Wiccan and Wanda.

It because to Wolverine, Xavier DID mean more. :smugcena:

Havok is a government tool so idk why people like him :dwillhuh: he acts like a chump and where was he during the big events while cyke was saving mutantkind

This was the MAIN reason Cap went to Alex to be the leader of Uncanny Avengers. Cap don't know shyt about mutants and admits it, but he knew Havok had a history of working with the government and as far as Cap is concerned that was the best resume of any other mutant, so he rolled with it.

Havok is a naive kinda unrealistic nonconfrontational safe type. But c00nverine turned Benedict Arnold against Cyclops in the middle of a fight and took up arms against his own people in AVX.

Straight up, Wolverine made a "business decision" in AvX. Also, he literally JUST "broke up" with Scott, so its not like he could come back to that side after Schism.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
First off...Cap wasn't cool with Wanda walking away so free. They all got together to try to kill Wanda in House of M #1 . That's how this ENTIRE mess started. The X-men and the Avengers thought they could play gods with a god and it fukked everything up. There were a few screws along the way with World War Hulk and the Dark Reign nonsense after Captain America went down with Sentry taking centerstage. But they brought this on themselves by trying to control Wanda even though they knew they didn't have the power to fight her straight up. Quicksilver is really the one behind most of the bullshyt but no one gets on his case about it except Luna and Magneto.

I'm still wondering how Havok's run as leader of the Dark Beast Brotherhood in 1997 just got swept under a rug:laugh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off...Cap wasn't cool with Wanda walking away so free. They all got together to try to kill Wanda in House of M #1 . That's how this ENTIRE mess started. The X-men and the Avengers thought they could play gods with a god and it fukked everything up. There were a few screws along the way with World War Hulk and the Dark Reign nonsense after Captain America went down with Sentry taking centerstage. But they brought this on themselves by trying to control Wanda even though they knew they didn't have the power to fight her straight up. Quicksilver is really the one behind most of the bullshyt but no one gets on his case about it except Luna and Magneto.

I'm still wondering how Havok's run as leader of the Dark Beast Brotherhood in 1997 just got swept under a rug:laugh:

No they didn't.

They had a meeting to discuss what to do about Wanda and Cap along with Simon got pissed at the suggestion that Wanda should be killed (something only Wolverine and Emma had actually suggested). The reason they all went to Genosha was to just see what condition she was in.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahem...

I'd say its a few reason...

First of all, it IS a double standard, but with Wolverine because of his past and he was a killer BEFORE becoming a hero, nobody really holds him too far above that low standard.

Second, it was more about Cyclops killing Xavier, who was well liked and respected among the superhero community. Had Cyclops killed a random villain or even a random X-Man, people wouldn't trip as much. The Avengers have a long history of NOT giving a fukk when it comes to mutant problems and Cap has even admitted as such, hence his attempt to rectify that with Uncanny Avengers.

Third, Despite his rep, a lot of the other heroes have worked with Logan and kind of like him, whereas really none of them have any sort of relationship with Scott. Its bias in the same way, all the Avengers give Tony a pass from Civil War to now for the bullshyt he pulled.

Fourth, Wolverine himself even admitted he took the Cyclops thing personal TO Cyclops in AvX consequences.

Its all character/human bias which Cyclops has called everyone out on, which is why he is doing the holy work in Uncanny :smugcena:

This would all be within reason....Except they had Bobby and Hank turn on Scott too. That shyt flat out doesn't make sense given the circumstances. Hank in particular being so upset about it is comes across as stupid considering some of the things he's done in the past (and recently).

The X-Men definitely have cliques within them and they had Cyclops clique completely turn on him and never gave a good enough reason as to why.

That's why I dig Bendis X-Books so much, because he seems to be the only writer who's willing to point out that bullshyt.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No they didn't.

They had a meeting to discuss what to do about Wanda and Cap along with Simon got pissed at the suggestion that Wanda should be killed (something only Wolverine and Emma had actually suggested). The reason they all went to Genosha was to just see what condition she was in.

They were in that room conferencing on whether to kill her or not..Emma was being snide and Cap said he would never entertain it. Spider Man made jokes about if his powers got out of line, would you all kill me too? Wolverine said sure or something stupid like that. So it was a gathering of might to try to control the fate of Wanda even though they all willingly let Magneto leave with her in Avengers #503 .

And it took a long time for Iceman to go against Cyclops...never seen Warren make a big deal about it either. It was really Hank acting different after Endangered Species and I think he knew about X-Force. That was like back in 2009..something like that. They just wanted him on the Avengers side of the titles no matter what.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were in that room conferencing on whether to kill her or not..Emma was being snide and Cap said he would never entertain it. Spider Man made jokes about if his powers got out of line, would you all kill me too? Wolverine said sure or something stupid like that. So it was a gathering of might to try to control the fate of Wanda even though they all willingly let Magneto leave with her in Avengers #503 .

And it took a long time for Iceman to go against Cyclops...never seen Warren make a big deal about it either. It was really Hank acting different after Endangered Species and I think he knew about X-Force. That was like back in 2009..something like that. They just wanted him on the Avengers side of the titles no matter what.

That wasn't the reason for the meeting. They had the meeting to decide what to do about her powers being uncontrollable. The idea of killing her wasn't brought up until Emma mentioned it and Wolverine was the only person who co-signed her. They also had Dr Strange there and they asked him if there was anything more they could do.

And yeah the shyt with letting Magneto take her away at the end of Disassembled was fukking idiotic.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

That's old cyke. He organically changed I mean he saw Genoaha destroyed, no more mutants , kids getting attacked and killed :usure: he didn't just flip a switch

The best thing about it is that it seems like natural progression of the character.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man one reason I love cyclops as a character because he has growth. Actually X-men in general, there characters actually grow and change in personality.

Its funny trying to explain it to old comic fan's it just turns into "He would never do that" "thats this new age stuff" When truly its been a slow burn and natural progression for just about all X characters.

trying to explain to people that charles is shady.... I get " they just turned him into someone shady for shock" When really Charles has been shady and a jerks from the very early issues of x-men.