Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
still going through last week's stuff. lol

PERFECT redo/homage/update to one of my FAVORITE Comic covers of ALL TIME. :blessed:

ValiantComicsFCBD2013digital-Empire029_zpse8eece19.jpg

original:

eternal04_zps0d708858.jpg

original is a tab bit more... gritty, though.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
well? anybody read anything besides Batman and Superman?

I didn't want to touch Constatine post-vertigo but they've made the character badass and he fits in with the "capes" pretty seamlessly.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
well? anybody read anything besides Batman and Superman?

I didn't want to touch Constatine post-vertigo but they've made the character badass and he fits in with the "capes" pretty seamlessly.

I read both of the Six-Gun Gorilla books that came out this week...I love anything with monkeys in it and add guns then I can't pass it up.
They were both really good but extremely different aside from the name and ape with pistols as a character.

And I like the DCU Constantine. I don't think they needed to end his Vertigo book though but I get why they did it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yeah, it was time to start over with John.

Suicide Squad is MUCH better now. But why does Har;ey seem so...... vulnerable?

If you're a fan of Joe Mad's art, you need to read Savage Wolverine right fukking now.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coming 2014

Spider-Man has a new woman in his life.

Peter Parker learns that he apparently has a sister in Spider-Man: Family Business, one of Marvel Comics' new line of original graphic novels debuting in May 2014. The revelation sends the superhero on a tale of international intrigue from New York City to Monte Carlo to Cairo to a host of European destinations.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC announced a new Justice League book:

Justice League 3000 by Keith Giffen, JM DeMatteis and Kevin Maguire ( the creative team of the classic Justice League International series from the 80s).

Looks like this book will be taking the place of the Legion of Super-Heroes since it is set in the same time period.

The designs for the future JL members look cool though.

eOklKi9.jpg

641Bmuq.jpg

ncWqJhn.jpg

zYAGfNP.jpg

CdMIeTz.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
AGE OF ULTRON #10 leaked online early. Here is the ending of this shytty event if you are interested.

Present day Hank Pym gets a message from Past-Pym telling him he hid some code in Ultron and then forgot about it. For important reasons.

The Avengers fight the Intelligencia (I think this was Avengers #12.1) and then Ultron appears and starts Ultronning and they fight him instead. Hank tells Iron Man to just hold onto Ultron while he hacks him but Ultron is onto this and monologues about Hank being too stupid to beat Ultron this way.

Ultron is beaten this way.

Wolverine dikked around with time too much, so time explodes. Time is now very unstable in the Marvel universe, and there are tears in it, and in other universes.

Through one of these tears Angela has fallen into the Marvel U and is pissed off about it.

Through another one of these tears we see the Ultimate Universe, and Galactus has fallen into it. This is the plot of the 'Hunger' miniseries.

The only thing even mildly interesting from all of that is the rumor that
Mighty Avengers might be even blacker than originally advertised:

The rumor is that the SPider-Man in Mighty Avengers isn't SPOCK but rather Miles Morales; he somehow ends up in the 616 Universe as a result fo the Hunger mini-series that is rolling out of Age of Ultron.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
So the latest batman ish has me hyped for what happens next, so this was six years ago from where we left off? gotham looks like new york in "I AM LEGEND" and the kid says "we never thought youd come back, He thinks your dead!" if it turns out to be bane :wow:

Valiants making a comeback? So is Turok making a comeback too? that was a bad ass conan like character with guns that killed people and dinosaurs alike

20130322232212!Turok-valiant-comic.jpg