Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
AGE OF ULTRON #10 leaked online early. Here is the ending of this shytty event if you are interested.

Present day Hank Pym gets a message from Past-Pym telling him he hid some code in Ultron and then forgot about it. For important reasons.

The Avengers fight the Intelligencia (I think this was Avengers #12.1) and then Ultron appears and starts Ultronning and they fight him instead. Hank tells Iron Man to just hold onto Ultron while he hacks him but Ultron is onto this and monologues about Hank being too stupid to beat Ultron this way.

Ultron is beaten this way.

Wolverine dikked around with time too much, so time explodes. Time is now very unstable in the Marvel universe, and there are tears in it, and in other universes.

Through one of these tears Angela has fallen into the Marvel U and is pissed off about it.

Through another one of these tears we see the Ultimate Universe, and Galactus has fallen into it. This is the plot of the 'Hunger' miniseries.

The only thing even mildly interesting from all of that is the rumor that
Mighty Avengers might be even blacker than originally advertised:

The rumor is that the SPider-Man in Mighty Avengers isn't SPOCK but rather Miles Morales; he somehow ends up in the 616 Universe as a result fo the Hunger mini-series that is rolling out of Age of Ultron.

wait.... so.... out of all the time travel shyt that's always gone on, WOLVERINE-

edit: know what, I was just typing up a long ass tirade about how Marvel's had a PLETHORA of time travel stories with lasting effects....

form Avengers West Coast being stuck back in the Old West and Two Gun Kid being stuck in the present,

Rama Tut, Kang and Immortus have been messing around with time travel so much that they've been in a perpetual war with each other AND THEY'RE THE SAME DAMN PERSON

CABLE ALONE!!!!

but then it hit me. Time really is very fluid in the Marvel Universe. When you either change the past or the future, you either

a) Create an alternate timeline and there's an infinite amount
b) find out that you were destined to do whatever you did all along....

unless you use Dr. Doom's Time Machine. It's the ONLY time travel device in MU that actually changes the course of time. When you use Doom's machine, time ACTUALLY DOES get screwed up in ways it shouldn't. Permanently. No alternate realities, no finding out you were supposed to do it anyway.

So Wolverine MAY HAVE fukked time up simply by using Doom's Machine a few times too amny.

I don't count on Bendis and Brevoot to think like that, though. This "Event" STILL sucked.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AGE OF ULTRON #10 leaked online early. Here is the ending of this shytty event if you are interested.

Present day Hank Pym gets a message from Past-Pym telling him he hid some code in Ultron and then forgot about it. For important reasons.

The Avengers fight the Intelligencia (I think this was Avengers #12.1) and then Ultron appears and starts Ultronning and they fight him instead. Hank tells Iron Man to just hold onto Ultron while he hacks him but Ultron is onto this and monologues about Hank being too stupid to beat Ultron this way.

Ultron is beaten this way.

Wolverine dikked around with time too much, so time explodes. Time is now very unstable in the Marvel universe, and there are tears in it, and in other universes.

Through one of these tears Angela has fallen into the Marvel U and is pissed off about it.

Through another one of these tears we see the Ultimate Universe, and Galactus has fallen into it. This is the plot of the 'Hunger' miniseries.

The only thing even mildly interesting from all of that is the rumor that
Mighty Avengers might be even blacker than originally advertised:

The rumor is that the SPider-Man in Mighty Avengers isn't SPOCK but rather Miles Morales; he somehow ends up in the 616 Universe as a result fo the Hunger mini-series that is rolling out of Age of Ultron.

Was this honestly an event this sucked so bad ...and about
miles morales thing maybe because I remember when infinity first got talked about they said it'll be interesting to see Spock dealing with being in space and out of his element.this would allow Spock to be there and miles to be on earth

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only reason people are saying that Miles is gonna be in Mighty Avengers is because of the costume change for Spock (which will also be happening in his title) and the fact that most of the roster is black.

Just dumb ass fan speculation....Just like when people were saying Marvelman was gonna show up at the end of Siege.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
wait.... so.... out of all the time travel shyt that's always gone on, WOLVERINE-

edit: know what, I was just typing up a long ass tirade about how Marvel's had a PLETHORA of time travel stories with lasting effects....

form Avengers West Coast being stuck back in the Old West and Two Gun Kid being stuck in the present,

Rama Tut, Kang and Immortus have been messing around with time travel so much that they've been in a perpetual war with each other AND THEY'RE THE SAME DAMN PERSON

CABLE ALONE!!!!

but then it hit me. Time really is very fluid in the Marvel Universe. When you either change the past or the future, you either

a) Create an alternate timeline and there's an infinite amount
b) find out that you were destined to do whatever you did all along....

unless you use Dr. Doom's Time Machine. It's the ONLY time travel device in MU that actually changes the course of time. When you use Doom's machine, time ACTUALLY DOES get screwed up in ways it shouldn't. Permanently. No alternate realities, no finding out you were supposed to do it anyway.

So Wolverine MAY HAVE fukked time up simply by using Doom's Machine a few times too amny.

I don't count on Bendis and Brevoot to think like that, though. This "Event" STILL sucked.

Basically this entire series seemed like a way to get round all of the dodgy continuity in some of the books at Marvel now (how Reed is lost in space in FF but still in every issue of New Avengers; The total change to Star-Lord on GotG; the time traveling original X-Men). Regardless of what the point was it was a shytty story when judged on its own merits and an even worse event series and I am not all that interested in any of the stuff that is spinning out of it.
Hopefully Infinity is aas good as I expect it to be and Marvel never allows Bendis to do anymore of these company wide event series.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Basically this entire series seemed like a way to get round all of the dodgy continuity in some of the books at Marvel now (how Reed is lost in space in FF but still in every issue of New Avengers; The total change to Star-Lord on GotG; the time traveling original X-Men). Regardless of what the point was it was a shytty story when judged on its own merits and an even worse event series and I am not all that interested in any of the stuff that is spinning out of it.
Hopefully Infinity is aas good as I expect it to be and Marvel never allows Bendis to do anymore of these company wide event series.

I had an idea about a week ago called "Wolverine Unlimited". It popped in my head because of some wolvie-centric mini-discussion we were having here...

A Weapon X/Just Got Adamantium Wolverine would have met Cable and through some weird fluke, got stuck in a Quantum Leap type situation.

But he'd only leap into time periods where his future self already existed.

The stories would have been Wolvie constantly running a gauntlet and avoiding himself in whatever time period.... explaining why Wolverine is in so many places at once.

I would have done horrible shyt like making him kill people he swore Sabretooth killed and the like. Dumb shyt too like trying not to fukk an adult Jubilee, explaining why his claws got so damn long, etc.... May have had him fight himself from the future or some odd ass overused cliche.

The story would have ended with Cable saying "I'm sorry, Logan"... and Wolverine winding up running around the Canadian Wilderness like an animal with his mind wiped and his memory fukked up forever.

I never typed it out here because 1. I couldn't think of an appropriate villain 2. shyt seemed kind of lame.

it would have been better than Age of Ultron, though! :umad: :deadhorse:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had an idea about a week ago called "Wolverine Unlimited". It popped in my head because of some wolvie-centric mini-discussion we were having here...

A Weapon X/Just Got Adamantium Wolverine would have met Cable and through some weird fluke, got stuck in a Quantum Leap type situation.

But he'd only leap into time periods where his future self already existed.

The stories would have been Wolvie constantly running a gauntlet and avoiding himself in whatever time period.... explaining why Wolverine is in so many places at once.

I would have done horrible shyt like making him kill people he swore Sabretooth killed and the like. Dumb shyt too like trying not to fukk an adult Jubilee, explaining why his claws got so damn long, etc.... May have had him fight himself from the future or some odd ass overused cliche.

The story would have ended with Cable saying "I'm sorry, Logan"... and Wolverine winding up running around the Canadian Wilderness like an animal with his mind wiped and his memory fukked up forever.

I never typed it out here because 1. I couldn't think of an appropriate villain 2. shyt seemed kind of lame.

it would have been better than Age of Ultron, though! :umad: :deadhorse:

:lolbron: @ Wolverine racking up bodies and blaming it on Sabretooth.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Cable and the X Force book was good...Domino's character is on fire. Slick little ending to that. Very good Uncanny Avengers issue which is gonna piss people off because of the Wanda/Rogue debate. Getting to the Black Panther/Namor confrontation in New Avengers shortly...