Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

It's looking more and more like Jean is going to eventually side with the current Cyclops. I'm glad Bendis is actually showing that not everything is NEARLY as cut and dry as it seems. I just with other books did more of that rather than constantly demonizing Scott.

It's about time that more people are starting to see the truth. Mutants were a dying breed, damn near extinct, lost, and Cyclops stepped up into the leader they all knew he could be and held it down.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It's about time that more people are starting to see the truth. Mutants were a dying breed, damn near extinct, lost, and Cyclops stepped up into the leader they all knew he could be and held it down.

Kind of makes them more dangerous. It is pretty much confirmed that mutants overtake the human population if they continue to multiple.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Damn all those black people. I will have to pick up mighty on gp. I can't see spider ock taking orders from this team. That would make great conflict with Luke cage with spider man thinking Luke is not smart enough to lead.

That fact that its Spock not peter is what interests me about his inclusion. The interactions would be great to read

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
When Beast was going around trying to bring back mutants, the one way not thought was simply fukking.

Guess that'd take too long in comic time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well..let's not get silly. The M'Kraan Crystal cured Xavier from M Day in 2006 during that long ass Shiar saga...Magneto and the High Evolutionary dissected that Celestial and used that machine and got Magneto's powers back on. Scarlet Witch turned Rictor's powers back on with the Life Force in Children's Crusade. So at least two characters had solutions to this whole thing but it was just a big push for Cyclops and Hope in the end that they stretched out for years while vilifying Xavier and pushing Emma Frost to the top...they took Storm out of the lead seat too even though she damn sure wouldn't have put up with the shyt that Cyclops was doing with X Force and everything else he was scheming around with.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Chances of a new modern DC/Marvel cross over? The last one they did was in 2004 right?

:manny:

considering they are both owned by major compaines now I do not seeing happening. I mean when was the last time Disney did anything with Warner Bros. Who framed Roger Rabbit. :to:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The women of the X-Men — among them, Storm, Rogue, Rachel Summers, and Jubilee — join forces in Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel's X-Men #1 from Marvel Comics, the best-selling comic book in May.

In total, Marvel Comics had six of the month's top ten comic books. In addition to X-Men #1, Age of Ultron #7 ranked #4, Age of Ultron #8 ranked #5, Superior Spider-Man #9 ranked #6, Superior Spider-Man #10 ranked #7, and All-New X-Men #11 ranked #9.

DC Comics had four titles in the top ten, led by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's Batman #20 at #2. Also in the top ten were Justice League #20 at #3, Justice League of America 33 at #8, and Detective Comics #20 at #10.

Among the other premier publishers, Image Comics' The Walking Dead #110 by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard was the publisher's top book for the month at #13.

Dark Horse Comics' top book in May was Brian Wood and Carlos D'Anda's Star Wars #5, ranking #41 for the month.

Finally, IDW Publishing's My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #7 was the publisher's top book at #68.

Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. - Top 100 Comics: May 2013

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Once again, the Secret Origin of Tony Stark is :damn: :wow:

I am not digging it at all; I like Tony Stark as just a really smart billionaire douche who built a suit of armor and fights crime in his spare time. Now he is all "destined for celestial greatness" and shyt which is just goofy.
And the throw away line to explain why alien intervention was needed to make Tony Stark but Reed Richards, Hank Pym and the rest of the eggheads in the Marvel U just came about naturally seemed hacky.