Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Just read age of ultron. I missed the last 2 issues so I'm not sure whats going on, anyone care to fill me in? I know they tried to kill Hank Pym to stop him fro making ultron but that made everything worse. what happened after that?

You pretty much got it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
This is his full power specs...

Northstar is a mutant who can move and fly at superhuman speed with the potential of reaching near light speeds. He also possesses superhuman stamina, endurance (both essential to maintain super-speed for any length of time), and reflexes. He can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction, accelerating his body to a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy he has tapped. Northstar also has an advanced equilibrium, and exceptional agility, reaction time, and coordination which allows for him to make sharp turns, and run at such speeds without becoming sick. Northstar is also able to punch at great speeds, which grants him the ability to hurt even the Hulk. In an early issue of Alpha Flight Northstar reveals to readers that his sister Aurora has greater endurance and can fly longer, whereas he can fly faster in the same amount of time.[46] Northstar can create cyclones by running in circles, can run up walls and across water, and can breathe while traveling at supersonic speeds. However, if Northstar wanted to travel with someone else at superhuman speeds, they would need a breathing apparatus to keep from asphyxiating.
As a side effect of partially robbing his molecules of their atomic motion, the binding forces within and between the molecules increase which enhances the sheer toughness of Northstar's entire body. This effect gives his skin enough durability to withstand speeds up to at least Mach 10 without injury, but the upper limit of this ability has not been measured. It had once been theorized that Northstar could fly at 99% of the speed of light: 186,282 miles per second (299,792 km/s),[volume & issue needed] although this has never been attempted because he would do irreparable damage to the environment. While Northstar can withstand Mach 10 speeds, traveling any faster would carry complications with breathing and damage caused by wind and air resistance to his body. When Aurora, his sister, and Northstar are in contact with each other, usually by holding hands, they can also vary the rate of acceleration of his molecules to release a cascade of photons creating a momentary burst of light equal to one million candela which they use to blind their opponents. The only other minor drawback to this ability, other than he and his sister having to be in contact with each other to utilize this gift, is that they are unable to adjust the brilliance of the flash. After being captured by the Children of the Vault in the Supernovas arc of Mike Carey's X-Men, his and Aurora's powers have been enhanced to the point where they can now move at light speed without harm and can generate explosive thermal energy in addition to light.[47][48]
Northstar is a world-class professional skier, skilled trapeze artist, business man, and an accomplished novelist. A native French speaker, he is also fluent in English. He is a good hand-to-hand combatant using a style utilizing his superhuman speed, and received coaching from his teammate Puck. After his resurrection by the Hand, Northstar has been trained in the martial arts.[volume & issue needed] Northstar also has peak human strength, but has superhuman strength in his legs.
Northstar wears a costume of synthetic stretch fabric made of special materials for protection from friction and other hazards of superhuman speed.

thats nice, breh. Jack's right. Northstar has superhuman strength in his legs the same way that other speedsters do. Topping out at about 800 pounds.

He has the durability of other speedsters. Enough to keep from being torn apart by wind friction. His blood is prolly as thick as motor oil.

That does not translate into having the strength and durability to tip over a moving train.

Nice try with the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe plug, though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
thats nice, breh. Jack's right. Northstar has superhuman strength in his legs the same way that other speedsters do. Topping out at about 800 pounds.

He has the durability of other speedsters. Enough to keep from being torn apart by wind friction. His blood is prolly as thick as motor oil.

That does not translate into having the strength and durability to tip over a moving train.

Nice try with the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe plug, though.

I was just going to post that strong legs don't mean you can stop a fukking speeding train. Maybe he can leg press a whole rack of weights without breaking a sweat but what Rogue did in X-Men #1 was wayu beyond what Northstar should be able to do.

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Just read age of ultron. I missed the last 2 issues so I'm not sure whats going on, anyone care to fill me in? I know they tried to kill Hank Pym to stop him fro making ultron but that made everything worse. what happened after that?

Wolverine kills Hank Pym, him and Sue Richards come back 2 tha present and

tha world is NUTS: Iron Man leads a team called tha Defenders who are at

war with Morgan LeFay. The Defenders capture Wolverine and Sue Richards

and accuse them of being Skrulls. Morgan LeFay attacks wit a army of dragons

and makes two hellicarriers crash into New York City.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FINALLY getting the time to read....

All that time and Mapone turns out to be a random asspull with NO clues dropped beforehand?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cool story, though.

Even though it's bendis.

I'll admit, he's one of the GOAT street level writers ever.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last two spots on the Mighty teaser have been released by Marvel. The last two characters are White Tiger and Power Man.

This team is trash.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I actually enjoyed Age Of Ultron 9 probably the best issue in the series so far that ending :whoo:

The Ultimates 25 has to be the best issue since the relaunch. Ultimate Kang :whew:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
know what..... when a character is extremely popular but has a murky origin that no one knows...

they need to leave that shyt alone.

If they did we wouldn't have Thanos the Deadbeat Dad.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
know what..... when a character is extremely popular but has a murky origin that no one knows...

they need to leave that shyt alone.

If they did we wouldn't have Thanos the Deadbeat Dad.

THat has been my biggest problem with this mini-series. They are making Thanos seems way too pedestrian. Every issue just makes the character less awesome.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The last two spots on the Mighty teaser have been released by Marvel. The last two characters are White Tiger and Power Man.

This team is trash.

The team doesn't scream "Mighty" to me.
What they should have done is pull a Marvel version of the JLA with this team.

Superman - Blue Marvel
Wonder Woman - She-Hulk
Batman - Moon Knight
Flash - Quicksilver
Green Lantern - Nova
Aquaman - Namora