Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Just placed my pre-order in for the Amazing Spider-Man omnibus 6. Been looking for the trade paperback of Black Cat's debut and only found them nearing $80. This evens things out a bit. Some good stories from this era.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Let's be honest. Despite the crash landing. This has been the most interesting the X books has been since the Messiah Trilogy.

They have been meandering from one mid/trash era ever since.
Messiah Trilogy all the way up to Schism was my favorite X-Men run of the modern era. They were on fire, then Quesada just had to switch it up again. His entire era was great runs, until he makes executive decisions to eff it all up.

This week I picked up, TMNT #1, Flash Gordon #1, Rook #4

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Let's be honest. Despite the crash landing. This has been the most interesting the X books has been since the Messiah Trilogy.

They have been meandering from one mid/trash era ever since.

Messiah Trilogy all the way up to Schism was my favorite X-Men run of the modern era. They were on fire, then Quesada just had to switch it up again. His entire era was great runs, until he makes executive decisions to eff it all up.

This week I picked up, TMNT #1, Flash Gordon #1, Rook #4
The Messiah Complex run was great.
What did you all think about Hope's origin that they randomly explained a few month ago?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Messiah Complex run was great.
What did you all think about Hope's origin that they randomly explained a few month ago?
It made sense within the context of her arc, but still weird. But it also doubles down on exactly how right Cyke was, and the Avengers weren't.

I'll say at least Hope was being used again, and no longer sidelined.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Has anyone seen the reveal of the Apocalypse heir?

:dead:

How that design got approved I'll never know.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was :patrice: reading this week's Ultimate Spidey when Otto was explaining the in suit A.I stuff but as soon as I read Peter's own thoughts as his AI I went :russ:shyt was hilarious.

Harry a dumbass, gonna go insane with Norman berating him 24/7 :francis: :snoop:

This whole run is gonna reed so fukking great on trade, as Hickman tends to do.

Has anyone seen the reveal of the Apocalypse heir?

:dead:

How that design got approved I'll never know.
After the :scust: job they did with Apocalypse turning him back to his old persona in the most lazy and least interesting way possible, there was no fukking way I was going read that series :pacspit:

What a way to fumble a dope retcon. If they wanted to turn him back to what he was before, at least create a dope story to retcon him back or something.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Domino..the definition of sexy..is being drawn like a butch dyke. Why?
dA1NVku.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
After reading superman vs the elites I'm like why doesn't he depower other villains who have way more body count? Why only Manchester black who was improving humanity to an extant? Like a lot of villains deserved it more than him. Then i remember this is comics they need villains to sell don't think about it too much :mjlol:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
So they're really going to keep Miles Morales as a vampire :stopitslime:
Unfortunately, they really haven't had much of an idea on what to do with Miles after Bendis left Marvel. I thought the throwing shyt against the wall era of Miles was over with the last writer left, but they still have no real direction.