Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Warning: Random Comic Thoughts That Don't Have Anything To Do With Anything

I came in here to talk about how much I enjoyed Savage Avengers as a whole

and a thought hit me:

Marvel 616 doesn't have anywhere near a set future anymore.

:heh: and yeah, to be fair, you can say they prolly never had one....

but before, you could say they had a few... possible ones at any given point. You could even create a rough future timeline.

you had :

Killraven/OG GOTG's timeline (Martians invaded in 1901 on some Orson Welles shyt, then again in 1917, totally wrecked Earth's shyt in 2001)

Days of Future's Past

Marvel 2099

Bishop/Layla Miller's future (Why don't they bring back Bishop's sister Shard!?)

Cable's future

:pachaha: I think between Mutants constantly fukking up the timeline and Kang running around like The Master from Doctor Who, none of these futures really exist anymore. That would be a cool storyline. Alternate realities only exist when youre traveling to the past. The future is just some wild unfathomable shyt.

on a sort of related note, I think if Firestar is on Krakoa, then Vance Astro should be, too. It would be an interesting idea: someone who's essentially a future Captain America on a galactic scale trying to learn to adapt to living in a mutant nation. Like a human immigrant. (Vance is a mutant He's been a New Warrior and an Avenger, never had to deal with "mutant" issues)

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC already canceled that Yara Flor Wonder Girl book? :mjlol:

Hopefully they learn by now to stop giving Joelle Jones monthly books, especially if she's writing and drawing. :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC already canceled that Yara Flor Wonder Girl book? :mjlol:

Hopefully they learn by now to stop giving Joelle Jones monthly books, especially if she's writing and drawing. :francis:
That doesn't shock me at all.
The book had a lot of hype when it first dropped and it was a great looking book but Joelle Jones cannot keep to a monthly schedule to save her life.
The book had delay after delay that completely killed any momentum it had.
I foresee DC relaunching with a different creative team and probably with a good number of issues in the can before they even announce it.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan