Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Just read Devil's Reign - X-men

Was it known that Cyclops was Captain Krokoa?
One of the things I hate about comics. Everything is always getting spoiled.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Warning: Random Comic Thoughts That Don't Have Anything To Do With Anything

I came in here to talk about how much I enjoyed Savage Avengers as a whole

and a thought hit me:

Marvel 616 doesn't have anywhere near a set future anymore.

:heh: and yeah, to be fair, you can say they prolly never had one....

but before, you could say they had a few... possible ones at any given point. You could even create a rough future timeline.

you had :

Killraven/OG GOTG's timeline (Martians invaded in 1901 on some Orson Welles shyt, then again in 1917, totally wrecked Earth's shyt in 2001)

Days of Future's Past

Marvel 2099

Bishop/Layla Miller's future (Why don't they bring back Bishop's sister Shard!?)

Cable's future

:pachaha: I think between Mutants constantly fukking up the timeline and Kang running around like The Master from Doctor Who, none of these futures really exist anymore. That would be a cool storyline. Alternate realities only exist when youre traveling to the past. The future is just some wild unfathomable shyt.

on a sort of related note, I think if Firestar is on Krakoa, then Vance Astro should be, too. It would be an interesting idea: someone who's essentially a future Captain America on a galactic scale trying to learn to adapt to living in a mutant nation. Like a human immigrant. (Vance is a mutant He's been a New Warrior and an Avenger, never had to deal with "mutant" issues)

The one thing I do like about this new X run is that they finally lasso'd all those possible X-Men future timelines and crossed them out. The problem is that there's always a new group of hotshot writers itching to bring one of those timelines back. :francis:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
She Hulk back to being She Hulk. :banderas::blessed::banderas::blessed::banderas::blessed::banderas::blessed:
I enjoyed She-Hulk #1 more than I thought I would mainly because I wasn't sure they were going to go back to the best version of the character but they did and included all the elements that make her work (Titania, her friendship with Wasp, the lawyer stuff etc.).
Plus it included Jack of Hearts and he is one of my favorite B-list characters.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Venom 4 was a pretty dope issue. Next issue we'll get a catch-up with Eddie.
AMS 86 solid issue
Dark Reign X-men was good.
Dark Reign Thunderbolts This team is pretty nasty in terms of volatile members. The purple symbiote woman is ruthless.
She-Hulk 1 dope issue
Hulk 3 I may be in the minority but I'm really enjoying this so far :yeshrug:
I wonder if the alternate new evil persona of the Hulk has something to do with the Devil Hulk.
Eternals 9 is easily the most interesting this team has been in a while.
Moon Knight 7 was good too.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Warning: Random Comic Thoughts That Don't Have Anything To Do With Anything

I came in here to talk about how much I enjoyed Savage Avengers as a whole

and a thought hit me:

Marvel 616 doesn't have anywhere near a set future anymore.

:heh: and yeah, to be fair, you can say they prolly never had one....

but before, you could say they had a few... possible ones at any given point. You could even create a rough future timeline.

you had :

Killraven/OG GOTG's timeline (Martians invaded in 1901 on some Orson Welles shyt, then again in 1917, totally wrecked Earth's shyt in 2001)

Days of Future's Past

Marvel 2099

Bishop/Layla Miller's future (Why don't they bring back Bishop's sister Shard!?)

Cable's future

:pachaha: I think between Mutants constantly fukking up the timeline and Kang running around like The Master from Doctor Who, none of these futures really exist anymore. That would be a cool storyline. Alternate realities only exist when youre traveling to the past. The future is just some wild unfathomable shyt.

on a sort of related note, I think if Firestar is on Krakoa, then Vance Astro should be, too. It would be an interesting idea: someone who's essentially a future Captain America on a galactic scale trying to learn to adapt to living in a mutant nation. Like a human immigrant. (Vance is a mutant He's been a New Warrior and an Avenger, never had to deal with "mutant" issues)

Savage Avengers was my ish.