Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

DC's been dropping :fire: all year, but I ain't gon keep telling you nikkas to start reading Robin. :ufdup:

It's a battle shounen in the DC Universe. What the fukk else do I need to say?! :mindblown:

People here are stuck in the 90s. They shyt on DC for dropping quality and hype up any random Marvel book. Mosts of these posts in this thread are about Marvel and some random book that will be forgotten in 3 months.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
People here are stuck in the 90s. They shyt on DC for dropping quality and hype up any random Marvel book. Mosts of these posts in this thread are about Marvel and some random book that will be forgotten in 3 months.
Yeah, DC hasn’t been talked much about recently. Straight up, everything I’ve been reading for the past 2 years has been mostly DC.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, DC hasn’t been talked much about recently. Straight up, everything I’ve been reading for the past 2 years has been mostly DC.

But this thread doesn't reflect that :martin:

Just a bunch of Marvel worship on ehhh-level books.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, Marvel has been in a holding pattern all year. A lot of their big titles have ended or are ending soon, like Immortal Hulk, Cates Venom, Hickman X-Men. Books I was really enjoying have been getting unceremoniously canceled, like Jim Zub's Conan and Ewing's Guardians. The big titles that are supposed to be coming out (Ridley Black Panther, Ewing and Ram V's Venom, Cates Hulk) keep getting delayed. I'm honestly not sure what's going on because they don't seem like they're cleaning house for a relaunch or anything.

There are still a few ongoing titles I like (Strange Academy, Shang-Chi, Cates Thor, Zdarsky Daredevil, Thompson Black Widow and Captain Marvel), but the best Marvel books this year have all been the five-issue minis, like Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade, Spider-Man Spider's Shadow and Beta Ray Bill.

Even this week I looked at the new Marvel issues and was like :huhldup:. All I got was the two Death of Doctor Strange tie-ins.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But this thread doesn't reflect that :martin:

Just a bunch of Marvel worship on ehhh-level books.

DC's been dropping :fire: all year (or at least, after Future State). Robin, Nightwing, Action Comics, Flash, Swamp Thing, Suicide Squad, all the minis. There are some books that I'm not as crazy about like Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Girl and Teen Titans Academy, but those are okay at worst.

There was a Twitter thread where people were listing their top four DC books of the year, and I realized I didn't have any of those books on my list, but I totally understood why they had them on theirs. They've just had that many good books this year.

This doesn't mean anything about the two companies long term. They both always have this period where one is good and the other isn't. The last couple of years Marvel has had some pretty good books while DC was an absolute shyt show creatively until Infinite Frontier.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Honestly, Marvel has been in a holding pattern all year. A lot of their big titles have ended or are ending soon, like Immortal Hulk, Cates Venom, Hickman X-Men. Books I was really enjoying have been getting unceremoniously canceled, like Jim Zub's Conan and Ewing's Guardians. The big titles that are supposed to be coming out (Ridley Black Panther, Ewing and Ram V's Venom, Cates Hulk) keep getting delayed. I'm honestly not sure what's going on because they don't seem like they're cleaning house for a relaunch or anything.

There are still a few ongoing titles I like (Strange Academy, Shang-Chi, Cates Thor, Zdarsky Daredevil, Thompson Black Widow and Captain Marvel), but the best Marvel books this year have all been the five-issue minis, like Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade, Spider-Man Spider's Shadow and Beta Ray Bill.

Even this week I looked at the new Marvel issues and was like :huhldup:. All I got was the two Death of Doctor Strange tie-ins.

There's paper shortage and Diamond has been de laying shyt left and right for the past 4 months. shyt has gotten ridículos this past month and it's not gonna end soon.

Basically every relaunch and big books have been pushedand will continúe to do so until february or march at the least.

The whole X-book relaunch is gonna end up being in match instead of january :heh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's paper shortage and Diamond has been de laying shyt left and right for the past 4 months. shyt has gotten ridículos this past month and it's not gonna end soon.

Basically every relaunch and big books have been pushedand will continúe to do so until february or march at the least.

The whole X-book relaunch is gonna end up being in match instead of january :heh:

Marvel released a statement denying it had anything to do with the paper shortage. And Marvel's switching to Penguin Random House so it'll only be the indies still using Diamond. I think it may have more to do with that transition than the paper shortage, at least right now.

I'm inclined to believe it because Marvel didn't have shyt out this week. Paper shortage or no, there is no reason they couldn't have released Venom this week and held off on fukking Winter Guard or Darkhawk. :unimpressed:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel released a statement denying it had anything to do with the paper shortage. And Marvel's switching to Penguin Random House so it'll only be the indies still using Diamond. I think it may have more to do with that transition than the paper shortage, at least right now.

LATE: The X+2 Weeks Lives And Deaths Of Wolverine, And Other Marvels (bleedingcool.com)

• X Lives Of Wolverine #1 was solicited for the 5th of January but is now scheduled for the 19th of January.
  • X Deaths Of Wolverine #1 was solicited for the 12th of January but is now scheduled for 26th of January.
  • X Lives Of Wolverine #1 was solicited for the 19th of January but is now scheduled for the 2nd of February.
  • X Deaths Of Wolverine #1 was solicited for the 26th of January but is now scheduled for the 9th of February.
  • Inferno #3 was solicited for the 24th of November but is now scheduled for the 8th of December.
  • Inferno #4 was solicited for the 29th of December but is now scheduled for the 5th of January
  • Wastelanders: Doom #1 was solicited for the 29th of December but is now scheduled for the 5th of January
  • Amazing Spider-Man #85 was solicited for the 5th of January but is now scheduled for the 12th of January. Amazing Spider-Man #86 was solicited for the 12th of January but is now scheduled for the 19th of January
  • Spider-Man: Ben Reilly #1, Defenders #5, Devil's Reign: Villains For Hire #1, Miles Morales: Spider-Man #34, Strange Academy #15, Venom #4, Ka-Zar Lord Of The Savage Land #5 were solicited for the 5th of January but are now scheduled for the 19th of January
  • Star Wars: High Republic: Trail Of Shadows #4 was solicited for the 5th of January but is now scheduled for the 26th of January
  • Spider-Woman #19 and The Marvels #8 were solicited for the 12th of January but are now scheduled for the 26th of January
  • Alien #9 was solicited for the 5th of January, but is now scheduled for the 2nd of February, a three month gap between #8 and #9.
  • Fantastic Four Reckoning War Alpha was solicited for the 5th of January but is now scheduled for the 3rd of February.
  • Star Wars: Crimson Reign #2 was solicited for the 12th of January but now scheduled for the 3rd of February

OK I take that back. :huhldup:

Is this the Comic Book Gods' way of punishing Marvel for spending years of flooding the market with superfluous books? :lupe:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

since the new 52 - almost 90% of my reading has been DC
trying to catch up with Marvel - just got to 2018 books last month.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Daredevil but it is not seeing Swamp Thing or Action Comics. You need to stop with that cap. :ufdup:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I love Daredevil but it is not seeing Swamp Thing or Action Comics. You need to stop with that cap. :ufdup:
uncut-gems-disagree.gif