Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
People here are stuck in the 90s. They shyt on DC for dropping quality and hype up any random Marvel book. Mosts of these posts in this thread are about Marvel and some random book that will be forgotten in 3 months.

if you actually talk about your fave DC books you're reading, then I'm sure other folks will join in :manny:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you actually talk about your fave DC books you're reading, then I'm sure other folks will join in :manny:

Eh, it's hard to tell which posts get the most engagement on here sometimes. Even Marvel books don't get a lot of discussion sometimes aside from the X-Books.

I made a post months ago about Crossover, thinking people would be interested because it's by Donny Cates, and the shyt didn't even get any daps. :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Eh, it's hard to tell which posts get the most engagement on here sometimes. Even Marvel books don't get a lot of discussion sometimes aside from the X-Books.

I made a post months ago about Crossover, thinking people would be interested because it's by Donny Cates, and the shyt didn't even get any daps. :mjcry:

You gave up after 1 post? :dead:

daniel-bryan-fickle.gif

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Never knew Marvel did Horror comics. Picked up the Frankenstein trade and bought the re-issue comics of some Dracula stories.

side note, I wish MArvel would release a trade of the Godzilla run. Probably some legal shyt with Toho prevents them from doing so.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Never knew Marvel did Horror comics. Picked up the Frankenstein trade and bought the re-issue comics of some Dracula stories.

side note, I wish MArvel would release a trade of the Godzilla run. Probably some legal shyt with Toho prevents them from doing so.
Marvel had the license to make comics for Godzilla and The Shogun Warriors in the late 70s.
Both comics are really fun reads and were written by Doug Moench the creator of Moon Knight and the best writer of the Shang-Chi series.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Marvel had the license to make comics for Godzilla and The Shogun Warriors in the late 70s.
Both comics are really fun reads and were written by Doug Moench the creator of Moon Knight and the best writer of the Shang-Chi series.
I picked up one Zilla comic when I came across it in a cheap box. Also have various trades and issues from the IDW and Dark Horse runs.

Would Ike a trade collecting the entire Marvel run tho. :francis:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Daredevil was great as usual I can't wait for Devil's Reign street-level events tend to be good
Venom 1 was pretty interesting I know there's going to be some major cosmic horror fukkery :ehh:
Hellions were dope I'm pretty sad there's only one more issue. :francis:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justice League: Last Ride is proof that Chip is a up-and-coming comic book writing LEGEND. :wow: Right there with Tom Taylor.

Agreed. I binged all seven issues and they were super fun. The twist at the end was :whoo:.

I'm glad Zdarsky has been doing more DC work the last couple of years. Just need to get him on Green Arrow next. :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Read Chip's other book about a diner run by vampires, one of them gets bored and decides to be a superhero.

While I admit it was good, it made m realize, (this and his 100 bullets like noir detective book) damn near all these books are tv show pitches.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Read Chip's other book about a diner run by vampires, one of them gets bored and decides to be a superhero.

While I admit it was good, it made m realize, (this and his 100 bullets like noir detective book) damn near all these books are tv show pitches.
A lot of the non-superhero books feel like TV show and movie pitches. I was thinking the same when I was reading “something is killing the children” and could see Netflix adapting it into a series.

teacher

All Star
Daps
A lot of the non-superhero books feel like TV show and movie pitches. I was thinking the same when I was reading “something is killing the children” and could see Netflix adapting it into a series.

if you got a 1st print 1 NM condition you sitting in 3 figures graded. I missed the boat :mjcry: