Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So Avengers Forever is going to have Robbie Reyes putting together a team of alternate universe Avengers much in the same vein of the old Exiles comic book.

u8e51WM.jpg

even if its for an even and hes probably not ours, its nice to see speedball again, and what looks like bloodstorm too. kinda curious who the kuuga looking character on the bottom right is

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
even if its for an even and hes probably not ours, its nice to see speedball again, and what looks like bloodstorm too. kinda curious who the kuuga looking character on the bottom right is
Probably some version of The Wasp or Yellowjacket.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I'm thankful at least Si Spurrier is staying but man, they need some cool announcements to make Krakoa 2.0 worth reading :picard: Hickman leaving, Hellions ending and Percy getting a weekly series are not a good start for 2022.

At least Zeb was able to tell the story he wanted to tell. Would love to see him have another X-book but I guess Spiderman is gonna take all his time.

shyt's looking like a jumping off point :snoop:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So who killed the Scarlet Witch? The investigation begins with magnetism being the indicator. That makes Magneto prime suspect #1..she seemed familiar with the suspect as she didn't want to use her extreme power to defend herself. Her hands were also curtailed. It wasn't Magneto
.he's a A+ player and wouldnt kill Wanda...he'll be vindicated and also have motivation so go full heel after the accusations. So was it Joseph, back from the dead again? Zaladane back from the dead again? Onslaught is back in the nightcrawler book..he has magnetic powers? Or did a certain green haired Mistress of Magnetism turn heel out of the blue? Or maybe Rogue..she has had that power before? Why Rogue would do that would be a huge stretch though.She ain't killing nobody of her free will.

Some are now claiming there are two Wanda's and the clone was killed instead of the real article and the real Wanda killed her..lol.
I think Magneto did it to have her be resurrected as a Mutant

:yeshrug:

or it’s Joseph for the same reason

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Trial of Magneto #2 was a fukking mess. The lengths it goes to keep the "mystery" going are way too over the top. Seems like a bunch of unnecessary plot and drama. Leah Williams sucks :camby:

There's so many plot holes and awful characterizations that it's impossible for all this shyt to not be a giant swerve (probably an illusion). Very disappointed even if the payoff is worth something.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Trial of Magneto #2 was a fukking mess. The lengths it goes to keep the "mystery" going are way too over the top. Seems like a bunch of unnecessary plot and drama. Leah Williams sucks :camby:

There's so many plot holes and awful characterizations that it's impossible for all this shyt to not be a giant swerve (probably an illusion). Very disappointed even if the payoff is worth something.
I liked the first issue but this one was dog shyt. Its like the two issues were written by different people.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

yeah, it was bad. I could barely skim through it.

They need to give Leah a Daken/Solem book or something

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I'm thankful at least Si Spurrier is staying but man, they need some cool announcements to make Krakoa 2.0 worth reading :picard: Hickman leaving, Hellions ending and Percy getting a weekly series are not a good start for 2022.

At least Zeb was able to tell the story he wanted to tell. Would love to see him have another X-book but I guess Spiderman is gonna take all his time.
I’m surprised Zeb Wells didn’t get his own run of Spidey earlier he was one of the best writers of the Brand New Day era.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC's new solicits came out and this was about the only thing really interesting to me about them:

ONE-STAR SQUADRON #1
Written by MARK RUSSELL
Art and cover by STEVE LIEBER
Variant by STEVE PUGH
$3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6
Variant $4.99 US (Card stock)
ON SALE 12/7/21

Who you gonna call? One-Star Squadron! Meet DC's superhero team where heroism meets capitalism. This ragtag group of heroes led by Red Tornado is here to provide service with a smile. All you must do is send a request via their on-demand hero app and they'll answer any call. Whether it's a children's birthday party or an alien invasion, no job is too small or too big!
Brought to you by Eisner nominee Mark Russell (The Flintstones, Wonder Twins, Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles) and Eisner winner Steve Lieber (Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen), you'll want to invest early in this one-of-a-kind miniseries that promises a story filled with heart, heroism, and humor.

ewDcrsI.jpg
apjgoZK.jpg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought it was just me. I have lost so much interest in the X-books. It really feels like the whole plan has been falling apart since Hellfire Gala. Gerry Duggan's stuff clashes with what Hickman was setting up and is happening way tf too early, and it's honestly doesn't interest me at all. Now we have two of the better books getting canceled while :trash: like X-Corp is still going, Hickman leaving for Substack, or not leaving, or trolling, and it just feels like these X-books are all over the place now.

Marvel is general is in a holding pattern until later this year when Ridley's Black Panther, Donny Cates's Hulk and Al Ewing's Venom start. I'll still keep reading X-Men until at least Inferno, but if that doesn't interest me I'll probably jump off.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I thought it was just me. I have lost so much interest in the X-books. It really feels like the whole plan has been falling apart since Hellfire Gala. Gerry Duggan's stuff clashes with what Hickman was setting up and is happening way tf too early, and it's honestly doesn't interest me at all. Now we have two of the better books getting canceled while :trash: like X-Corp is still going, Hickman leaving for Substack, or not leaving, or trolling, and it just feels like these X-books are all over the place now.

I think Planet-Sized was a really cool idea but it certainly needed more time to establish itself than rushing ALL the X-Books to end their arcs by December. So far, Duggan's big ideas have landed with me and I'm more than fine with him getting the X-Men book and playing with Krakoa's setting.

X-Corp is ending with #5, didn't even bother with it after issue 2. Excalibur is also seemingly reaching an end point in December (though that could mean it only gets a renumbering with Howard still in charge).

I think the January relaunch will rely heavily on who the hell stays and who are the new writers. Losing Hickman and Wells is a big blow, but if Ewing and Ayala join Spurrier and stay, while they also add talented authors that replace Williams and, hopefully, Howard, they can get back on track. I don't like much of Percy's work with the mutants but dude's books sell so I highly doubt he's leaving anywhere after his weekly Wolverine series that will set up the relaunch.

Now, if Ewing and Ayala leave then that's trouble because that's a lot of spots to fill to keep the line interesting. I'll wait and see, but I'm dying for some good news. I don't know Victor LaValle but his Sabertooth books sounds very interesting and it seems he'll get another mutant project too.