Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
s.jpg

I love Laura as a character, but, it don't sit well with me her being "the real Wolverine."

I'm sure it don't matter because it's a thousand continuities.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hickman basically had to undo over a decade of unofficial neglect. I think they agreed to bring him back for a few event runs so his version of X-Men should stick for a few more years if not longer

I liked a lot of the X-books over the past decade. The only books I despised were Wolverine & the X-Men, Cable & X-Force vs Uncanny X-Force...and All New X-Factor. Most of the books were good, and teased more to come, then the suits would call for reboot.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I am so behind :why:, cyclops is cool with the avengers and back with the X-Men ?

I think that's part of the Death of Dr Strange event...
Nah. It’s from the latest issue of Savage Avengers. Which is basically Aaron’s Avengers (mid storytelling) minus any intrigue or charm with the grandiose ideas.

Btw, that whole team + Dr Doom + Dr Strange got washed by the same wizard that they’ve been fighting since issue #1.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah. It’s from the latest issue of Savage Avengers. Which is basically Aaron’s Avengers (mid storytelling) minus any intrigue or charm with the grandiose ideas.

Btw, that whole team + Dr Doom + Dr Strange got washed by the same wizard that they’ve been fighting since issue #1.
I dropped the book when it became obvious that Gerry Duggan had a hard on for Kulan Gath of all characters and was going to use him like he was fukking Mum-Ra in every episode of Thundercats.

Kulan Gath works in short burst. His best 3 appearances are :

Marvel Team-Up 79
Uncanny X-Men 190-191
Avengers 28-30

And none of them went past 3 issues.

Its because of Savage Avengers that I'm not all the way optimistic about how The X-Men are going to be handled when Hickman steps back because it seems like Duggan will have most of the influence on the books then.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
AVENGERS FOREVER
E-IgLZkWEAMz5aH

The classic '90s storyline Avengers Forever gets brought back in name and spirit this December as a multiversal Avengers line-up is recruited to "bring order to timelines where 'hope' is a four-letter word."

The recruits include an alternate reality version of Tony Stark where he's an archeologist and "Invincible Ant-Man."

Avengers writer Jason Aaron has been teasing this kind of event for the past year or so and recently introduced a Multiversal Masters of Evil in the Avengers / Hulk: Free Comic Book Day special. For this all-new Avengers Forever ongoing series, Aaron is teaming with artist Aaron Kuder.

"Avengers Forever spins out of the colossal events of this November's Avengers #50/750," Aaron writes on this blog. "A buncha characters old and new, a buncha craziness, a whole buncha fun to be had."

Avengers Forever debuts this December.
So Avengers Forever is going to have Robbie Reyes putting together a team of alternate universe Avengers much in the same vein of the old Exiles comic book.

u8e51WM.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Joe Bennett ruined the bag because he couldn't resist being publicly anti-Semitic and transphobic. If you want to be awful just keep that shyt to yourself and your friends/family...there is no reason to be so up front with that shyt when you work for a company owned by Disney. People are dumb as fukk.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
1341870.jpg

Picked up this book recently for 5 bucks. I don't know if I read any stuff from McDuffie, so this might have been my first full story. I really enjoyed the read. It's heavy on the cosmic side, and I love me some Marvel cosmo stories. Surfer and Galactus are only featured in the first 3 issues, although Surfer makes a brief appearance later. It was interesting to see Storm take on Surfer despite it only being a few panels. The baddies here are C List villains called the Frightful 4; not sure if they're original members of the group. Watchers, Surfer, and Eternity, what more is there to want? 4/5

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

If it wasn't Percy I'd be more excited about this. I hope he got a lot of help because he's the second to last person I would want to follow up Inferno and set up what comes next :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So who killed the Scarlet Witch? The investigation begins with magnetism being the indicator. That makes Magneto prime suspect #1..she seemed familiar with the suspect as she didn't want to use her extreme power to defend herself. Her hands were also curtailed. It wasn't Magneto
.he's a A+ player and wouldnt kill Wanda...he'll be vindicated and also have motivation so go full heel after the accusations. So was it Joseph, back from the dead again? Zaladane back from the dead again? Onslaught is back in the nightcrawler book..he has magnetic powers? Or did a certain green haired Mistress of Magnetism turn heel out of the blue? Or maybe Rogue..she has had that power before? Why Rogue would do that would be a huge stretch though.She ain't killing nobody of her free will.

Some are now claiming there are two Wanda's and the clone was killed instead of the real article and the real Wanda killed her..lol.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm bummed. Hellions is the best book to come out of Hickman's X-revival.

I'm thankful at least Si Spurrier is staying but man, they need some cool announcements to make Krakoa 2.0 worth reading :picard: Hickman leaving, Hellions ending and Percy getting a weekly series are not a good start for 2022.

At least Zeb was able to tell the story he wanted to tell. Would love to see him have another X-book but I guess Spiderman is gonna take all his time.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm thankful at least Si Spurrier is staying but man, they need some cool announcements to make Krakoa 2.0 worth reading :picard: Hickman leaving, Hellions ending and Percy getting a weekly series are not a good start for 2022.

At least Zeb was able to tell the story he wanted to tell. Would love to see him have another X-book but I guess Spiderman is gonna take all his time.
I'm not too enthused about the next wave of the X-books after Hickman is done.