Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So who killed the Scarlet Witch? The investigation begins with magnetism being the indicator. That makes Magneto prime suspect #1..she seemed familiar with the suspect as she didn't want to use her extreme power to defend herself. Her hands were also curtailed. It wasn't Magneto
.he's a A+ player and wouldnt kill Wanda...he'll be vindicated and also have motivation so go full heel after the accusations. So was it Joseph, back from the dead again? Zaladane back from the dead again? Onslaught is back in the nightcrawler book..he has magnetic powers? Or did a certain green haired Mistress of Magnetism turn heel out of the blue? Or maybe Rogue..she has had that power before? Why Rogue would do that would be a huge stretch though.She ain't killing nobody of her free will.

Some are now claiming there are two Wanda's and the clone was killed instead of the real article and the real Wanda killed her..lol.

Some lame like Peeper

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I thought it was just me. I have lost so much interest in the X-books. It really feels like the whole plan has been falling apart since Hellfire Gala. Gerry Duggan's stuff clashes with what Hickman was setting up and is happening way tf too early, and it's honestly doesn't interest me at all. Now we have two of the better books getting canceled while :trash: like X-Corp is still going, Hickman leaving for Substack, or not leaving, or trolling, and it just feels like these X-books are all over the place now.

Marvel is general is in a holding pattern until later this year when Ridley's Black Panther, Donny Cates's Hulk and Al Ewing's Venom start. I'll still keep reading X-Men until at least Inferno, but if that doesn't interest me I'll probably jump off.

Really think losing Hickman was just too big of a blow..:manny:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Trial of Magneto #2 was a fukking mess. The lengths it goes to keep the "mystery" going are way too over the top. Seems like a bunch of unnecessary plot and drama. Leah Williams sucks :camby:

There's so many plot holes and awful characterizations that it's impossible for all this shyt to not be a giant swerve (probably an illusion). Very disappointed even if the payoff is worth something.
Did you notice North Star said Cap had never been to Krakoa but then in the next page he tells someone else he was at the Gala?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Did you notice North Star said Cap had never been to Krakoa but then in the next page he tells someone else he was at the Gala?

Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff that don't add up. I feel the whole "something is wrong here" vibe has been horribly executed. It's been basically 55-60 pages of really bad filler for what's supposed to be a big story.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They had to give their pet LGBT writer some burn.

I mean I get it. Williams came up with the idea and wanted to do it in her book. Since her book was boring as hell and didn't sell, Marvel decided to make it an "event book". But fukking hell Leah, way to fumble a big opportunity :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Tbh, I had the same problem with Magneto #2 that I had with that Franklyn Richards F4/X-Men crossover: Both centered on intriguing confrontations Hickman teased back when Raw and Smackdown first hit the airwaves a couple years back.

... but while i thought they might become well executed subplots as part of JH's larger story, they instead became fodder for some lukewarm writer to conjure up half-baked stories ("death of Wanda"; "Franklin thinking 13 yr olds can't be parented by their parents") riddled with plot and character-induced stupidity.

Yea there were a couple hot lines of smack talk but overall i found the premise and execution to be cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if the post-credit scene of F4/X is never brought up again. And clearly they have no direction for this Wanda ish.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought it was just me. I have lost so much interest in the X-books. It really feels like the whole plan has been falling apart since Hellfire Gala. Gerry Duggan's stuff clashes with what Hickman was setting up and is happening way tf too early, and it's honestly doesn't interest me at all. Now we have two of the better books getting canceled while :trash: like X-Corp is still going, Hickman leaving for Substack, or not leaving, or trolling, and it just feels like these X-books are all over the place now.

Marvel is general is in a holding pattern until later this year when Ridley's Black Panther, Donny Cates's Hulk and Al Ewing's Venom start. I'll still keep reading X-Men until at least Inferno, but if that doesn't interest me I'll probably jump off.

It feels like Marvel in general is all over the place.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Tbh, I had the same problem with Magneto #2 that I had with that Franklyn Richards F4/X-Men crossover: Both centered on intriguing confrontations Hickman teased back when Raw and Smackdown first hit the airwaves a couple years back.

... but while i thought they might become well executed subplots as part of JH's larger story, they instead became fodder for some lukewarm writer to conjure up half-baked stories ("death of Wanda"; "Franklin thinking 13 yr olds can't be parented by their parents") riddled with plot and character-induced stupidity.

Yea there were a couple hot lines of smack talk but overall i found the premise and execution to be cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if the post-credit scene of F4/X is never brought up again. And clearly they have no direction for this Wanda ish.

wasnt it alluded to in the hellfire gala?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
wasnt it alluded to in the hellfire gala?

Yes, Reed went :ufdup: at Chuck.

Ahh i missed it then. We'll see if or how it gets incorporated into Inferno, or if it'll be an artifact left for an x-writer to botch after Hickman leaves. Excluding Ewing, who is typically good money.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I mean I get it. Williams came up with the idea and wanted to do it in her book. Since her book was boring as hell and didn't sell, Marvel decided to make it an "event book". But fukking hell Leah, way to fumble a big opportunity :francis:
Should have just canned her book. It wasn't good and the team isn't compelling. It just seems like a way for her also shyt on Mags "How many women have you hurt." Really? You venting now or you telling a story?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Should have just canned her book. It wasn't good and the team isn't compelling. It just seems like a way for her also shyt on Mags "How many women have you hurt." Really? You venting now or you telling a story?

Her book did got canned though, they even meddled with her last issue and made it even worse (which caused her to get flack from the fans) :dead: that's way Trial of Magneto is her big chance to make something worth a damn, she just hasn't been able to do it :francis:

They threw her a bone and she fumbled it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Her book did got canned though, they even meddled with her last issue and made it even worse (which caused her to get flack from the fans) :dead: that's way Trial of Magneto is her big chance to make something worth a damn, she just hasn't been able to do it :francis:

They threw her a bone and she fumbled it.
She never had the makings of a major league player.