Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is it on the same level as Avengers tho? :jbhmm:

Depends on what happens in the next couple of years. As of right now, Hickman's run is basically one massive status quo shift in a highly praised series (HoX/PoX) that opened new possibilities for the X-line, and once again put it as the top group in Marvel.

It's different from Avengers because even though that went through a bunch of changes and he had to adapt to other writers fukking up his plans, it was still one big ass giant story that culminated in the what's considered one of the best (or THE best) Marvel crossover event with Secret Wars.

The X-Men run was conceived as something very similar but it has changed. Now Hickman is just the guy that created the "world" so how everlasting it is will depend on how others handle it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why hasnt there been a Moon Girl Pop! Yet??
:patrice:
It is really weird that they haven't made one yet.

There is a cool Devil Dinosaur custom Funko on Etsy that someone is selling for 80 bucks.

il_1140xN.2003385242_p9cs.jpg

Devil Dinosaur Custom Funko Pop | Etsy

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So I'm reading Dark Ages #1 and have to ask: since when are Spider-Man's web shooters something that run on electricity?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hellions :merchant: :damn: that ending left me all kinds of confused (in a good way).

Tarn's only weakness being his own creations was a nice touch. Zeb better continue writing this shyt because it's fukking great every damn month.

That Chimera :picard:

New Mutants was pretty damn important too. Resurrection, fukk the Council, Broo and the tease for next chapter was a lot to take in. You can tell this book is probably getting scrapped or getting a mayor relaunch in January. I hope Vita stays though, she's been incredible with the mutant kids.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn Ida fukking up the east coast now. :lupe:

I just made a big purchase from Midtown Comics, including most of this week's books. I hope it's not delayed too long. :lupe:

Am I an a$$hole for that being my primary concern? :lupe:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Apparently today is the tenth anniversary of the New 52. :ld:

'Happy anniversary' to the shyt that got me out of comics for five years. :pacspit:
Ironically New 52 got me more into DC comics. Before that only DC stuff I regularly read was Batman, I was strictly a Marvel reader.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
They’re already relaunching X-Men? :dead:

Is Hickman’s run even gonna be remembered years from now?

I think this is them entering into phase 2 of the Hickman Era (honestly they've been in Phase 1 for way too long).
Hickman seems to be diplomatic about it but it seems like Marvel saw how much money these X titles were making and decided to milk every last penny out of it.