Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only issue I have with Tim being bi is I love the Tim/Stephanie pairing. :mjcry:

And if a writer explores that pairing, or any other pairing with women, will they get accused of 'whitewashing' Tim's bisexuality?
Yes come on you know what time living in the nut jobs on social media outlets like twitter will go in on the writers for trying to down play his :dame: lifestyle.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes come on you know what time living in the nut jobs on social media outlets like twitter will go in on the writers for trying to down play his :dame: lifestyle.

Trust me, I know. Especially when it comes to DC stans.

These are the same people who called Tom Taylor 'ableist' because he wrote Barbara Gordon out of her wheelchair, even though she hasn't been in the wheelchair in over ten years, in storylines he had nothing to do with, and he's not the only writer using Barbara, and he has no control over whether she's in the wheelchair or not.

Then they tried to imply artist Marcio Takara was transphobic because he posted a collage of 'Women of DC' on Twitter and didn't include Dreamer, even though he already said he wasn't familiar with the character, and you wouldn't be unless you watched the CW Supergirl show. Then they harassed him so bad he deleted all his art off Twitter.

DC Stans on Twitter don't play, so by making Tim 'bi' they've basically pigeonholed themselves. If he only dates one or the other, it's a problem. If he bounces back and forth, it looks cheap and fake. It's the same issue they have with Constantine every time they try to put him back together with Zatanna.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wizard World is getting out of the convention business.

Fan Expo has announced a deal with Wizard World to acquire six of Wizard World's largest yearly comic conventions, including the organizer's Chicago, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Portland, and St. Louis Wizard World events.

"Fan Expo HQ is devoted to creating unmissable, exceptional fan experiences. We're beyond thrilled to be able to offer that to fans in six new locations, and pleased that Wizard World recognized our ability to elevate guest experience to the next level," says Fan Expo HQ president Aman Gupta in the announcement. "We're looking forward to getting to know each of these individual communities, learn what they're looking for, and raise the bar!"

Of all the conventions acquired, the Chicago event is arguably the one with the most potential. It is the second oldest comic event in North America (behind only Comic-Con International: San Diego), and for a time in the '90s and early '00s was the second largest comic convention in North America (also behind SDCC).

Read More...

I used to go to Wizard World Philadelphia every year.:mjgrin:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only issue I have with Tim being bi is I love the Tim/Stephanie pairing. :mjcry:

And if a writer explores that pairing, or any other pairing with women, will they get accused of 'whitewashing' Tim's bisexuality?
Yes they will.

It's the same way they get all pissy whenever John Constantine is with a woman. They freak out and demand he be with a guy or else DC is being homophobic or some nonsense.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Interesting, Hickman will be doing stuff in substack too. He's teaming up with Mike Del Mundo and Mike Huddleston to create a new comic universe. Al Ewing, Tini Howard and Ram V are collaborating in making the ground work and "rules" of it.

THREE WORLDS. THREE MOONS. Gonna copy/paste the most interesting part of the whole thing. It sounds like dude might make this his priority, so people speculating he was leaving after Inferno might be right after all :mjcry:. Also interesting on him pushing hard for the X-books to be online exclusive due to the pandemic.

Really hope Hickman ain't leaving after inferno.. maybe this will just be something he does on the side

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Interesting, Hickman will be doing stuff in substack too. He's teaming up with Mike Del Mundo and Mike Huddleston to create a new comic universe. Al Ewing, Tini Howard and Ram V are collaborating in making the ground work and "rules" of it.

THREE WORLDS. THREE MOONS. Gonna copy/paste the most interesting part of the whole thing. It sounds like dude might make this his priority, so people speculating he was leaving after Inferno might be right after all :mjcry:. Also interesting on him pushing hard for the X-books to be online exclusive due to the pandemic.
Kinda glad Marvel needs to pay their talent better.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I can see him leaving for that project or staying tbh. I hope he stays.

hopefully he stays to finish off his vision for the x-men.

another goat run like that ff>avengers>sw3 would be :wow:

But I could understand if he didn't.... thought he got some stuff optioned for tv/streaming years back