Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A sword & sorcery version of the DCU is the surprise project that Tom Tayler has been teasing for the last few weeks.

E8mSJO6VEAQl7JB

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How much money does Substack have? :picard: :dead:
Its really a case of how much money can the individual make because Substack is just the platform and then you have to get subscribers. I think Substack takes like a 10% cut of your overall sub intake.

I do recall rumors that they were giving initial payouts to big name political bloggers to move over to Substack but the model is you get people to subscribe to your Substack newsletter and then pay Substack a cut for using their platform.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Its really a case of how much money can the individual make because Substack is just the platform and then you have to get subscribers. I think Substack takes like a 10% cut of your overall sub intake.

I do recall rumors that they were giving initial payouts to big name political bloggers to move over to Substack but the model is you get people to subscribe to your Substack newsletter and then pay Substack a cut for using their platform.

It's comic's "Mixer". There's no way they are not cutting a "can't say no" check to these big names.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Chip's the fukking best :laff: :laff:

AIPT: There was a lot of worry around James Tynion’s announcement, would you like to set the record straight on whether you will continue writing Red Batman (Daredevil), and continuing to work at DC Comics? Would you ever want to transition away entirely if this were successful enough?

CZ: Look, James Tynion is a coward who needs “sleep” and spending time with “loved ones.” I’m still on Daredevil and I’m still working on DC projects like a goddamn hero to the people.

As for down the road, I think almost every comic writer has a shelf life with the Big Two. Sometimes it comes down to public tastes, sometimes it’s just that you’ve written all the characters or titles you wanted to. Or sometimes editors just f----n’ hate you and the fact that you took the last slice of pizza at a Marvel retreat even though they already had two slices which was one more than you because Dan Slott wouldn’t stop talking to you about why you’re writing Aunt May wrong and you couldn’t get to the pizza table in time.

What I’m saying is, one day I’ll be done at Marvel and DC and it may be my choice and it may not be. So it’s important to always be thinking about and pushing your creator-owned projects.

Whole interview

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/12/chip-zdarsky-substack/

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody hitting up Free Comic Book Day today?

I have not been to nor cared about Free Comic Book Day in about ten years, but I wanted to get a couple of books (mainly the We Live and Enter the House of Slaughter specials), and I expect those to run out fast.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jason Aaron is introducing a new version of The Masters of Evil with a twist...The Multiversal Masters of Evil (which I guess are alternate universe versions of characters we know) will be led by an alternate universe Dr. Doom.

bKPOn32.jpg

Looks like a Doom/T'Challa hybrid
Crimson Dynamo
Punisher/Venom hybrid
Kid Thanos
Ghost Rider/Green Goblin hybrid
Wolverine
Have no clue who the woman is but she looks to be wearing either a Madam Masque mask or a Destiny mask

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Jason Aaron is introducing a new version of The Masters of Evil with a twist...The Multiversal Masters of Evil (which I guess are alternate universe versions of characters we know) will be led by an alternate universe Dr. Doom.

Looks like a Doom/T'Challa hybrid
Crimson Dynamo
Punisher/Venom hybrid
Kid Thanos
Ghost Rider/Green Goblin hybrid
Wolverine
Have no clue who the woman is but she looks to be wearing either a Madam Masque mask or a Destiny mask

Definitely checking this arc out. :ohhh: