Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Namor ain’t shyt :mjlol:

No matter what situation he is in, he ain’t shyt. I hope they capture that when they add him to the MCU.
:russ:
that whole storyline peaked with that page.
Namor lives for fukkery. :mjlol:

I remember when the Avengers first popped up in Utopia in AvX, every one was tense, but when you look on the expression on Namor's face you could see he was absolutely reveling in it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Bought the Final Crisis omni since it was a decent price. Didn’t care for the main series, so I hope reading it from a bigger point will make me change my view. Plus I’m a Darkseid fan.

Waiting on the Hickman FF Vol. 1 omni to drop.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I actually just finished reading Hickman's entire FF run. Future Foundation included.

Franklin from the future was telling a story about how them, The New Defenders, The Imperial Guard and The X-Men had all but lost a fight with Nimrod. Sue was off being a part time Avenger.

That was in 2011. Hickman really has been planning shyt for a very long time.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I actually just finished reading Hickman's entire FF run. Future Foundation included.

Franklin from the future was telling a story about how them, The New Defenders, The Imperial Guard and The X-Men had all but lost a fight with Nimrod. Sue was off being a part time Avenger.

:mindblown:

What issue is that?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Yeah, I remember someone pointing out how parts of the FF run hinted at his Avengers run. I’d like to one day read the FF/Avengers saga in order.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They still got all the different color symbiotes..I thought the Knull story was over. What happened to Scream..the yellow one?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Where was Rachel Summers? I thought he married her in the future..their son came back in time once named Hyperstorm..he was ultra powerful.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hellions continues to be the best X-book on the market.

Immortal Hulk's format for this issue was a cool little gimmick.

Avengers #47 felt like it's primary goal was to sell variant costume action figures and piss me off. Snow suits, shadow suits...shyt was ridiculous. And how the hell did She-Hulk turn red and get blond hair? The Winter Guard was supposedly in a huge rush to get her turned into an assassin but they had time to give her a full makeover? Just dumb.

The Me You Love In The Dark was :ehh:

Suicide Squad #6 was good and I'm glad they aren't dragging out the mystery around Superboy.

Suicide Squad: Get Joker was actually a decent read even though the characterization for damn near every character was off as hell. But if you look at it as an Elseworlds type of book that it is then that really isn't all that big of a deal.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Light week.

Marvel was light for me (just the two X-Books, Silk #5 and Sinister War), but DC was pretty heavy (Batman, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad Get Joker, Justice League Infinity, Swamp Thing, Nice House on the Lake).

Also some pretty good indies this week (Basilisk, Geiger, Red Room, The Good Asian).
The Me You Love In The Dark was :ehh:

I purposely skipped that one because I didn't want to commit to another five issue miniseries. I've been pulling a lot of those Aftershock titles and I'm burnt out on five-issue minis. :unimpressed:

Might check out the trade tho if I continue to hear good things.