Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
phxsongecho20210001_cvr.jpg

:patrice:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
And I'm not ashamed to say it, but outside of that morrigan stupidity (good story, bad reveal) and seeing YET ANOTHER black man in a dress, I have really really enjoyed X-Factor.

I'm gonna miss it. :mjcry:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Rob Liefeld returns to X-Force in 30th Anniversary special

xforce_killshot_cover.jpg

On this day 30 years ago, X-FORCE #1 debuted and took the comic book industry by storm! Created by Rob Liefeld, X-FORCE #1 was a blockbuster success, selling over 5 million copies to become one of the best-selling single issues in Marvel Comics history.

Commemorating the anniversary of this groundbreaking issue, Rob Liefeld will return to the X-Force saga this November with a new chapter in X-FORCE: KILLSHOT!

The special one-shot will feature an explosive adventure starring Cable and his mighty militant mutant squad, taking readers back to the beloved '90s heyday of the X-Men franchise. Cable and his counterparts will assemble five separate X-Force squadrons – from various points in time – to converge on Asteroid S for an all-out assault to defeat Stryfe once and for all.

“X-FORCE was a huge gamble that paid off big for Marvel, paid off big for retailers and it changed my life forever.” Liefeld states, reflecting on the impact and legacy of the title. “I’m thrilled and honored to share KILLSHOT with everyone. Thirty years in the making, I intend to make every page a huge kick for fans new and old.”

xforce_killshot_coverb.jpg
Rob Liefeld Returns to 'X-Force' in 30th Anniversary Special

:scust: His art is still horrendous.
Liefeld without Louise Simonson or Fabian Nicieza to actually write the book is guaranteed to be awful trash.

It's also wild that Marvel would hire Liefeld considering he has been publicly shytting on their books (especially the new X-Men stuff once Hickman took over).

man that shyt looks horrible.

:russ: how Cable got the same exact face on each picture and they both look like overweight midget white women

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Welp, thanks to X-Factor #10 (final issue of the series btw) we know who Magneto is going to be on trial for killing.

aqzDW8j.jpg

sC5H2Ps.jpg

what I think
considering that talk he had with her in sword. Think he killed her so she could be ress'ed as a mutant :yeshrug: this could be their way of getting them back as his kids/mutants.

it could also be Mystique putting her plan into action

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
what I think
it could also be Mystique putting her plan into action

I've read that theory but I'm not sure how that would be possibe

It can't be Mystique impersonating Wanda because once she is killed, Cerebro would notice the one that died was Mystique.

And even if that logic is shoved to the side to make the story "work", what would happen during resurrection? It's established The Five hasn't tried placing a mutant memory (in this case if would be Wanda) in a husk that isn't their own. In this scenario they would be doing it without knowing it and then anything could happen. So Mystique possibly wouldn't even be herself once resurrected.

Mystique's plans couldn't be just bringing Wanda to Krakoa for Mags to kill her either because we already know it was Erik who invited her to the Gala. Unless she has been impersonating Erik the whole time?? :dead: :dead: :dead:

Now, Wanda getting resurrected will absolutely play a part in Inferno, but I have a hard time believing it's something anyone but Magneto had planned.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
What the hell does Marvel have planned with Spider-Man and this Beyond shyt:unimpressed:?

They're bringing back Ben Reilly? I'm assuming it's the Beyond Corp doing some fukk shyt, because why replace Peter, when there's Miles Morales? I guess they figure, "Eh, it's been almost 10 years since the last time we killed Pete with the Superior Spider-Man arc. We can do the replace him thing again."

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

It can't be Mystique impersonating Wanda because once she is killed, Cerebro would notice the one that died was Mystique.

And even if that logic is shoved to the side to make the story "work", what would happen during resurrection? It's established The Five hasn't tried placing a mutant memory (in this case if would be Wanda) in a husk that isn't their own. In this scenario they would be doing it without knowing it and then anything could happen. So Mystique possibly wouldn't even be herself once resurrected.

Mystique's plans couldn't be just bringing Wanda to Krakoa for Mags to kill her either because we already know it was Erik who invited her to the Gala. Unless she has been impersonating Erik the whole time?? :dead: :dead: :dead:

Now, Wanda getting resurrected will absolutely play a part in Inferno, but I have a hard time believing it's something anyone but Magneto had planned.
breh I mean Mystique impersonating Magneto. :skip:

I wasn't even thinking she would impersonate Wanda.. since wolve could sniff her out :pachaha:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

How about Mystique was the Magneto who welcomed Scarlet Witch to Krakoa and claimed to still love her so she could get Wanda to drop her defenses enough that Mystique could kill her and make it look like Magneto did it as part of her plan to "burn Krakoa to the ground".

Having Magneto on trial for kiling Scarlet Witch opens up a huge can of worms that would keep pretty much all of Krakoa distracted while Mystique works on furthering her plan to topple everything.
And to make it even better, Magneto killing Wanda means that a lot of really powerful people are going to be coming to try and make him pay for his crime under the human legal system and adding even more chaos there are those who would want to kill Magneto themselves:

Wiccan and Speed
Brother Voodoo
Hawkeye
Agatha Harkness
Wonder Man
Vision
Quicksilver (who knows what absolutely ridiculous lengths Pietro will go to in order to avenge Wanda's death)

Pietro being Pietro, he could be the catalyst for the attempt being made to resurrect Wanda which would reveal that she (and Pietro) are really mutants and always have been.

And in the midst of all of this chaos Mystique is just fukking up all sorts of things on Krakoa; maybe with the help of Sabretooth who could be freed somehow during the confusion.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How about Mystique was the Magneto who welcomed Scarlet Witch to Krakoa and claimed to still love her so she could get Wanda to drop her defenses enough that Mystique could kill her and make it look like Magneto did it as part of her plan to "burn Krakoa to the ground".

Having Magneto on trial for kiling Scarlet Witch opens up a huge can of worms that would keep pretty much all of Krakoa distracted while Mystique works on furthering her plan to topple everything.
And to make it even better, Magneto killing Wanda means that a lot of really powerful people are going to be coming to try and make him pay for his crime under the human legal system and adding even more chaos there are those who would want to kill Magneto themselves:

The last panel of X-Factor kinda goes against that
Wolverine asks for Magneto. Unless somehow Mystique found a way to smell like Erik? :dead:

Wanda being dead will no doubt cause fukkery all around, the Avengers will get involved too. Maybe we even get the more explicit revelation that the Illuminati are back.

But my point is that I see this as something Mystique will take advantage of, more than something she planned in advance and caused.