Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I've read Original Sin within the last year and do not remember anything about it other than Thor losing his hammer and something with the Watcher.
It wasn't great. But that Thor note was very instrumental to his arc and then War of the Realms.

On a side note isn't Watcher back? I thought I read that in an issue somewhere and glosses over it because nothing happened from all of that.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Looking at @Mowgli ‘s setup got me thinking of trying it out in the future. I have too many boxes.
the event driven run at marvel is legendary to me. All my favorite villains are involved and it's the precursor to marvel goin more sci fi. Nice lil bookshelf for the mancave. I gotta folding chair on the floor so I can veg out and read.

Finished 1998 Inhumans book today
Great story. Black Bolt the silent king. :salute: Had me thinking wtf is you doing. handled diplomacy, sacrifice and murder like a don.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm interesed in What the prelude and tie-ins are. Because you could consider the whole "Time runs out" story as a prelude and a lot of Battleworld books as tie ins :heh: Though "Siege" was the most important one, imo.
I have have siege

Prelude
New Avengers (2013) 1-3, Secret Wars (1984) 10-12, Fantastic Four 611, Ultimate Comics Spider -Man (2011) 1, Ultimate Comics Ultimates 4

Last days of marvel universe
CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE MIGHTY AVENGERS 8-9, LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD 14-17, MAGNETO 18-21, BLACK WIDOW 19-20, MS. MARVEL 16-19, THE PUNISHER 19-20, SILVER SURFER 13-15, ANT-MAN: LAST DAYS 1, SILK 7, SPIDER-WOMAN 10

I may have the prelude in one of the avengers books but I'll cross that bridge when I get there
I have the full agent of Asgard collection
I also have the journey into mystery which is the tie into, Original Sin. :russ:

Secret Wars (2015) Reading Order | Hickman Avengers Guide

reccomended SW prelude reading order. I'm not buying all that shyt buy I have alot of it.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Rob Liefeld returns to X-Force in 30th Anniversary special

xforce_killshot_cover.jpg

On this day 30 years ago, X-FORCE #1 debuted and took the comic book industry by storm! Created by Rob Liefeld, X-FORCE #1 was a blockbuster success, selling over 5 million copies to become one of the best-selling single issues in Marvel Comics history.

Commemorating the anniversary of this groundbreaking issue, Rob Liefeld will return to the X-Force saga this November with a new chapter in X-FORCE: KILLSHOT!

The special one-shot will feature an explosive adventure starring Cable and his mighty militant mutant squad, taking readers back to the beloved '90s heyday of the X-Men franchise. Cable and his counterparts will assemble five separate X-Force squadrons – from various points in time – to converge on Asteroid S for an all-out assault to defeat Stryfe once and for all.

“X-FORCE was a huge gamble that paid off big for Marvel, paid off big for retailers and it changed my life forever.” Liefeld states, reflecting on the impact and legacy of the title. “I’m thrilled and honored to share KILLSHOT with everyone. Thirty years in the making, I intend to make every page a huge kick for fans new and old.”

xforce_killshot_coverb.jpg
Rob Liefeld Returns to 'X-Force' in 30th Anniversary Special

:scust: His art is still horrendous.
Liefeld without Louise Simonson or Fabian Nicieza to actually write the book is guaranteed to be awful trash.

It's also wild that Marvel would hire Liefeld considering he has been publicly shytting on their books (especially the new X-Men stuff once Hickman took over).

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

On this day 30 years ago, X-FORCE #1 debuted and took the comic book industry by storm! Created by Rob Liefeld, X-FORCE #1 was a blockbuster success, selling over 5 million copies to become one of the best-selling single issues in Marvel Comics history.

Commemorating the anniversary of this groundbreaking issue, Rob Liefeld will return to the X-Force saga this November with a new chapter in X-FORCE: KILLSHOT!

The special one-shot will feature an explosive adventure starring Cable and his mighty militant mutant squad, taking readers back to the beloved '90s heyday of the X-Men franchise. Cable and his counterparts will assemble five separate X-Force squadrons – from various points in time – to converge on Asteroid S for an all-out assault to defeat Stryfe once and for all.

“X-FORCE was a huge gamble that paid off big for Marvel, paid off big for retailers and it changed my life forever.” Liefeld states, reflecting on the impact and legacy of the title. “I’m thrilled and honored to share KILLSHOT with everyone. Thirty years in the making, I intend to make every page a huge kick for fans new and old.”

Liefeld without Louise Simonson or Fabian Nicieza to actually write the book is guaranteed to be awful trash.

It's also wild that Marvel would hire Liefeld considering he has been publicly shytting on their books (especially the new X-Men stuff once Hickman took over).
Not enough pouches :mjgrin:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
With what happened between Magneto and Scarlet Witch at the end of S.W.O.R.D. #6 the upcoming appearance of The High Evolutionary in X-Men #3 makes it seem like we might be getting some movement on the whole "Are Wanda & Pietro Magneto's kids or not?" situation. The writer of the new X-Men book is Gerry Duggan who just so happened to be the co-writer of the Uncanny Avengers story where The High Evolutionary revealed what he claimed to be Pietro and Wanda's true parentage.

IqV3HvK.jpg

"The X-Men are no strangers to being targeted for their genes…but when the High Evolutionary returns with his brand of unnatural selection, the survival of the whole planet is at stake!"

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

cant believe i used to like this style.

:snoop:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People not on board with the Krakoa/Hickman Era of mutants gonna be waiting longer than expected to get it over with, apparently.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/28/x-men-monday-113-hellfire-gala-week-4/

AIPT: OK, as we wrap up, let’s try to resolve two issues of great concern for fans of Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men era. X-Fan My mutant power is spell check asked, with the Hellfire Gala ending this week and Inferno on the horizon, where are we in the grand scheme of this mutant epic? The first act? The second? Neither?

Jordan: You know, I think the answer is that those terms are obsolete at this point, that we’ve moved past that idea so far that we’re not really charting it on that map.

AIPT: Yeah, I see a lot of people bring this up and I assume Jonathan mentioned the acts initially?

Jordan: For sure. What it is is that Jonathan came in with plans. Jonathan came in with plans like he always does, but working with everybody changed his plans and they have changed to a degree that trying to apply his original act structure to it — it doesn’t work. That’s not the structure we’re following right now. It’s a new one and it’s one that he likes better. So the answer is, we’re not in an act…

AIPT: The answer is don’t worry about it.

Jordan: We’re in X-Men for all time, forever, eternally.

AIPT: And then X-Fans Miguel2004, Griffin and AdamTheUncaring are all concerned that Jonathan Hickman’s time with the X-Men is ending after Inferno. Should these X-Fans keep worrying or should they relax?

Jordan: They should relax, but you know, you’ll see. The answer is you’ll see where we are and big things are going to happen in Inferno in more ways than one. And you’ll get more information about Inferno pretty soon — relatively soon — before it comes out for sure. But don’t worry. We do have a lot of stuff mapped out. We do have a lot of plans that Jonathan has been working on with everybody and yeah, you’ll see. And you’ll find out more very soon.

(Jordan is Jordan D. White, the editor of the X-books)
:blessed:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Welp, thanks to X-Factor #10 (final issue of the series btw) we know who Magneto is going to be on trial for killing.

aqzDW8j.jpg

sC5H2Ps.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Beta Ray Bill is gonna read great in trade. Is this dude gonna end up fukking his ship? :dahell: :dead:

Eternals is good enough, issue 6 gonna be last one or is it a 12 issue mini?