Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nah what’s good with spiders shadow??

It's this

Chip is back writing some Spidey :blessed:

They bringing back What If with this one.

@MartyMcFly this is the same author that gave us Life Story and doing amazing stuff with Daredevil:ohlawd:

It's in issue 2 of 5 and it's pretty dark, it's an interesting read for any spidey fan, imo.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
The first two arcs were pretty good but siryn storyline was traditional superhero nonsense.

Also heard a rumor that with Polaris leaving they’ll reboot the book after the trial of Magneto. Possibly with him replacing her

This book is despised by a lot of comic book readers. I would be surprised if they brought it back.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
E1sDzbjX0AIM1Fr

Omega-level mutants will take center stage and new omega-level mutants will be introduced as Magneto puts the pieces in place for an ambitious plan that will truly change everything…

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
John Ridley, The writer of 12 Days a Slave, to tackle Black Panther and the iconic Wakandan nation
Sk59BkL.jpg

The Marvel Comics superhero Black Panther is getting a new series and a new creative team in August. It will be written by the Oscar winning screenwriter John Ridley (“12 Years a Slave”), and drawn by Juann Cabal. (The current Black Panther series, which began in 2016 and has been written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, will conclude on May 26.)

Ridley said he is eager for the chance to write the hero. “First of all, Black Panther is just a great character in and of himself,” he said in a telephone interview. “But being a young Black kid growing up, every time you saw a hero that looked like you, even if their background didn’t reflect my lived experience, it was just something that made you feel closer to the wish fulfillment that is intrinsic in graphic novel writing.”

In the new story, Black Panther receives an urgent message from a Wakandan operative who is in danger. “It’s a hybrid espionage-superhero thriller, but at its core, it’s a love story,” Ridley said. “And I don’t mean just romantic love, although there’s some of that as well. It’s love between friends.”

He said he thought about his closest childhood friends “and the ways that we ran together and how our lives changed over time.”

He said he also wanted to reflect upon the last year. “We’re coming out of a summer where we saw Black people fighting for our rights, standing up, fighting in ways that we haven’t had to do in years,” he said. “And it was really important to me after the year we had where we can have these conversations with Black people and we can use words like love and caring and hope and regret and all these really fundamental emotions that everybody has.”​