Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The X-men having a party. Is this gonna be like th baseball games they usually have?

Are non mutants invited? Can the press be there? Are people buying things like tables or art?

Breh it's just a way to sell a crossover or "event" with news/developments sprinkled in to get more attention for some books.

A lot of non mutants are invited, even Doom is invited. The (storyline) point of the Gala is basically show the world what Krakoa is about with a pompous party thrown by Emma Frost :heh:

There's been talk about press wanting to be there. Emma did not invite some people but I'm not sure if no one from the press is invited. It's seems it's just a fancy event. There's a "telepathic concert" announced :russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Didn't see this. I was reading the "main X-men book" and dropped during X of swords. I was thinking of jumping back on, but I'm not sure I should.

The main X-Men book was basically a series of one-shots or mini arcs to build to others books or future stories. I'd recommend reading the ones after X of Swords. If you still don't like them, then it's not that big of a deal because in July it's gonna be relaunched as a more traditional X-Men hero book (with Gerry Duggan writing it, not Hickman), with an established team doing the stuff they normally do.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The main X-Men book was basically a series of one-shots or mini arcs to build to others books or future stories. I'd recommend reading the ones after X of Swords. If you still don't like them, then it's not that big of a deal because in July it's gonna be relaunched as a more traditional X-Men hero book (with Gerry Duggan writing it, not Hickman), with an established team doing the stuff they normally do.
Thing is I love Hick. I like Duggan too and I liked Hick's run before X of swords.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Breh it's just a way to sell a crossover or "event" with news/developments sprinkled in to get more attention for some books.

A lot of non mutants are invited, even Doom is invited. The (storyline) point of the Gala is basically show the world what Krakoa is about with a pompous party thrown by Emma Frost :heh:

There's been talk about press wanting to be there. Emma did not invite some people but I'm not sure if no one from the press is invited. It's seems it's just a fancy event. There's a "telepathic concert" announced :russ:
Wonder if Wakanda was invited?:mjpls:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One more
E0-F-Jmd-XIAsx-i4.jpg
They got Magneto looking like the lead in a Broadway musical version of Willy Wonka.