Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
New x men main team is decided
The homage though

qplSmG.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The new X-Men lineup is official. Duggan will write the team of:

XMEN2021001_cov.jpg

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Sunfire
Rogue
Wolverine (X-23)
Synch
Polaris (vote winner)

Dope that Synch made it after that awesome showcase Hickman did for him. Kinda weird he's actually leaving the book after setting him up like that though.

In an another interview, Duggan said Hickman offered him the gig as he wanted to do other stuff (the book he's doing in September) and that he had gotten away for too long with not having a legit X-Men team doing hero stuff :heh: also confirmed Hickman is staying as the "head of X" and leading the whole line like he's been doing.

Duggan also mentioned he was excited to have fun with these characters "for a year".
Synch and Sunfire are the most interesting additions to me.

I will be curious to see how they explain the character progression of Sunfire where he goes from being almost psychotically prideful of his Japanese heritage and being a citizen/defender of Japan to his moving to Krakoa and taking a spot in their primary team.
Dude has been on that "I'm not black, I'm OJ" steeze since forever.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering how good Hellions is going, I wish we'd get more villains in the mix.

I know we've seen Shadow King In New Mutants , Fabian Cortez is in SWORD and Omega Red popped up in X-Force..

But this is an interesting aspect of Krakoa that's not being fully explored. How are they adjusting to the new status quo?

The lack of Vulcan and Exodus has been disappointing. Also they're dragging out the Mystique subplot.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in Beta Ray Bill, Bill laments that he can't change back into his humanoid form because Thor broke Stormbreaker.

But in Thor #14, he changes back and forth using Mjolnir, and even says he has to use Mjolnir because Thor broke Stormbreaker.

So why didn't he just go to Thor on some, "Lemme borrow Mjolnir right fast so I can smash Lady Sif. :mjlit:"

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Considering how good Hellions is going, I wish we'd get more villains in the mix.

I know we've seen Shadow King In New Mutants , Fabian Cortez is in SWORD and Omega Red popped up in X-Force..

But this is an interesting aspect of Krakoa that's not being fully explored. How are they adjusting to the new status quo?

The lack of Vulcan and Exodus has been disappointing. Also they're dragging out the Mystique subplot.
Imagine fukking Stryfe on a X team..they couldn't even get Maddie on a team...lol

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine fukking Stryfe on a X team..they couldn't even get Maddie on a team...lol

I'd be there for the fukkery. :mjlit:Just look at the gold we're getting from Sinister and crew. Seriously the x office is leaving a ton of untapped potential on the floor.

Sinister's constant trolling of Exodus at the council meetings are priceless.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I think clones and alternate universe versions are not allowed so Stryfe, Maddie, and everybody from Age of Apocalypse are banned from Krakoa.

Not banned from Krokoa. Banned from the resurrection protocols. There are clones around on Krokoa.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Not banned from Krokoa. Banned from the resurrection protocols. There are clones around on Krokoa.
Huh who? I know it’s probably background characters but I haven’t seen any.

Also on the low the resurrection protocols is the best part of the whole island.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Huh who? I know it’s probably background characters but I haven’t seen any.

Also on the low the resurrection protocols is the best part of the whole island.

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am of the whole thing.
X-23 is a 'clone' of Logan, but they just resurrected her.
The Cuckoo's are Emma Frost 'clones' but a few of them had to be resurrected in order for them all to be there.
Honeybadger is a clone of X-23 and her story in New Mutants has directly brought up the problem that she won't be resurrected if she dies.