Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
list the cameos in the above pic. I see.....

Batman (of course)
Aeon Flux
Savage Dragon
Starlin-Era Adam Warlock, Gamora and Pip
Dude with the white head and no nose is Lord High Papal from Starlin's other comic around this time, Dreadstar
Xenomorphs
Alf
Samus Aran
Alfred E Newman (MAD magazine)
I wanna say that's Frenzy from Transformers
Lobo and shytty lobo knockoff Bludwulff
ET
Gloop and Gleep from the old Hanna-Barbera cartoon The Herculoids
Marvin the Martian
Alien from Mars Attacks!
Captain Bucky O'Hare (:salute:)
Cyclons from Battlestar Galactica
2 Predators
Lilandra (or a rep) from the Shi'Ar Empire
Grogu/Baby Yoda
Aliens from The Simpsons
Darkseid, Highfather and Metron
Allen the Alien from Invincible
Orko from He-Man
Thing 1 and Thing 2
The Eighth Doctor
The 13th (current) Doctor
The Ruth Doctor
Galactus
A Watcher

tons more I can remember by sight, but I can't remember the name of

Truly one of the GOAT comic panels I've ever seen. Props to Kirkman, Gimple and Burnham (Panel is from this month's DIE!DIE!DIE! issue)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
X-Men 19 :damn:

Yea Xaiver fukked up.. I wouldn't have even bother with the CoV if humans could capture and dissect them like that. Man delivered their upgrade on a platter

reigun

Superstar
Daps
People who know Wonder Woman;

is this true?

If so, this shyt raw as hell, what issues can I read about this?

1H3yUDs.png
In Azzarello's run, yeah. Pretty sure rebirth scrubbed all that from continuity though, since Rucka wanted to take WW back to a more traditional status quo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men 19 :damn:

Yea Xaiver fukked up.. I wouldn't have even bother with the CoV if humans could capture and dissect them like that. Man delivered their upgrade on a platter

He did fukk up but of all the mistakes he's made in the Krakoa Era, this was the most understandable one. He had to address the situation, you can't let the CoV be and not know wtf is going on with them. There was no way he could've know what their missing piece was And...

At least Synch now knows everything about The Vault, The City and The Children so they have info that could help them out for Nimrod and ORCHIS in the future.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spent the day getting caught up on all the DC Infinite Frontier books. I tapped out on Future State pretty early on, but Infinite Frontier is off to a very strong start. It feels like we're finally heading in the direction I was hoping for when Rebirth started.

The Superman/Action Comics two parter was a beautiful emotional story that really hit close to home, and was probably the best use of Jonathan Kent since Bendis aged him up. It feels good earnestly liking and buying Superman again. I didn't hate Bendis's run as much as a lot of people, but it was the equivalent of that ugly chick you see at the bar, that you're desperate enough to fukk but not quite drunk enough, so you convince yourself she's hot in the 'right light.' "Yeah, I hate Rogol Zaar and Event Leviathan and aged up Jonathan, but he gets Superman's voice down and there was that cool moment where he changed in front of the kid who was wearing a Green Lantern tshirt, so I guess it's ok.:ld:"

That being said, his Justice League was ok. Only issue I had with it was it awkwardly making Aquaman the 'comic relief' character.

Tom Taylor's Nightwing and Chip Zdarsky's Red Hood were great, but I expected nothing less from either of these guys.

Wonder Woman was not stale AF for the first time in what feels like years.

I'm not as crazy about the Crime Syndicate and Suicide Squad stuff, but I'll keep reading to see what's going on with Conner.

The Future State stuff they're playing around with (Magistrate, War World, Red X) has more teeth to it now that we can see the beginnings of it.

So yeah. There's still plenty of time for them to screw things up and ruin their momentum, but it's off to a very strong start. I only had minor nitpicks that will hopefully be answered later, like if Roy Harper is alive again, where is he hiding? If he's alive, why is Alfred still dead when Roy died first? Why did they go through the trouble of retconning Wally's involvement in Heroes in Crisis if they don't even mention it and everybody still treats him like a pariah anyway?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
In Azzarello's run, yeah. Pretty sure rebirth scrubbed all that from continuity though, since Rucka wanted to take WW back to a more traditional status quo.

which sucks because I liked that Azzarello run... only thing I don't care for is WW being Zeus's kid.