Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I like them but that X of swords stuff turned me off. Especially the X force issue.

X of Swords does set up stuff that will eventually come back to the main story (Apocalypse and all the new lore and characters) but it's not a focus or a main plot to what's going on right now with mutants.

I guess you could pick up the Hell Fire Gala in June that's supposed to set up a bunch of shyt for a lot of books and check out if it's worth it.

Still, check out Hellions. It's a really fun book.

The idea seemed stupid to me. Let's have a tournament? What the hell? Also how Storm talked to Black Panther.

That Storm story is by far the worst comic book from this whole X-Men run. It's pretty shocking too because the person who wrote it (Vita Ayala) replaced the writer of New Mutants and she has done a tremendous job with that book ever since.

Damn, what was it about XoS you didn’t like? I bought a few issues for a buck and wanna collect it due to Apoc being a key hand in it.

XoS is a mix of Apocalypse and the story he has with his family (and Krakoa/Arakko) AND silly/crazy shyt from Otherworld. The silly shyt can definitely put people off the whole "event" because it's very prominent during the middle portion of the story. The Apoc and main plot can be read in like 9 issues. I think I gave you the list :patrice:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's pretty shocking too because the person who wrote it (Vita Ayala) replaced the writer of New Mutants and she has done a tremendous job with that book ever since.
Vita is actually my homegirl. Idk where that whole exchange came from. She was uncharacteristically venomous to him and his family. I don't get it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
superman-authority.jpg

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
X of Swords does set up stuff that will eventually come back to the main story (Apocalypse and all the new lore and characters) but it's not a focus or a main plot to what's going on right now with mutants.

I guess you could pick up the Hell Fire Gala in June that's supposed to set up a bunch of shyt for a lot of books and check out if it's worth it.

Still, check out Hellions. It's a really fun book.

That Storm story is by far the worst comic book from this whole X-Men run. It's pretty shocking too because the person who wrote it (Vita Ayala) replaced the writer of New Mutants and she has done a tremendous job with that book ever since.

XoS is a mix of Apocalypse and the story he has with his family (and Krakoa/Arakko) AND silly/crazy shyt from Otherworld. The silly shyt can definitely put people off the whole "event" because it's very prominent during the middle portion of the story. The Apoc and main plot can be read in like 9 issues. I think I gave you the list :patrice:
Not sure, but I already bought several issues. I’ll more than likely buy the rest when I see them in the dollar box. Haven’t read an X event in some time.