Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do writers think Ororo and Logan are a good couple? They're basically siblings. Can someone explain?

They're opposite sex X-Men who fit into 'opposites attract' roles and worked/lived together forever. They're going to hook up sometime in 40+ years of story.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's an awful reason though. That's like why people hated T'challa and Ororo.

I mean, you want the reason in depth?

Ororo has always had to keep her emotions in check due to the nature of her powers. She had to be reserved, restrained, erudite, and removed from exploring the depth of her feelings because her very mood can effect weather patterns.

Logan has to have similar restraint to keep his animal nature in check or could berserker rage all over the place, except he gets to be almost bubbling over emotion and anger all the time.

He feels everything to the point of danger and she denies herself feeling anything to prevent danger.

He's the pot and she's the lid: they fit together.

They share the common burden of restraint from completely different perspectives as his struggle is control when his all encompassing emotions peak, hers is denying those emotions in the first place to never start uphill to approach a peak.

He's trying to stop himself while she's holding back the world.

It's the similar shared burden that attracted her to Forge- a mystic who denies that part of himself due to past trauma so he's all surface and no soul; Storm is all soul but shows nothing on the surface but they first connect when she's lost her powers and that emptiness leaves her open for things she's denied her entire life so far.

Now, this isn't me arguing for Logan/Ororo hooking up as I like their relationship as colleagues and family better, but just showing the pieces are there in the text for anyone who wants to take those characters in that direction.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Ororo has always had to keep her emotions in check due to the nature of her powers. She had to be reserved, restrained, erudite, and removed from exploring the depth of her feelings because her very mood can effect weather patterns.

Logan has to have similar restraint to keep his animal nature in check or could berserker rage all over the place, except he gets to be almost bubbling over emotion and anger all the time.

He feels everything to the point of danger and she denies herself feeling anything to prevent danger.

They share the common burden of restraint from completely different perspectives as his struggle is control when his all encompassing emotions peak, hers is denying those emotions in the first place to never start uphill to approach a peak.

It's the similar shared burden that attracted her to Forge- a mystic who denies that part of himself due to past trauma so he's all surface and no soul; Storm is all soul but shows nothing on the surface but they first connect when she's lost her powers and that emptiness leaves her open for things she's denied her entire life so far.

Now, this isn't me arguing for Logan/Ororo hooking up as I like their relationship as colleagues and family better, but just showing the pieces are there in the text for anyone who wants to take those characters in that direction.
This was a good analysis but this just seems like people getting together based on trauma which is never good. But I get what you mean.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Nah..she's too high class and regal for that. I remember during the Onslaught, they tried to hook her up with Cable..lol

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah..she's too high class and regal for that. I remember during the Onslaught, they tried to hook her up with Cable..lol

High class? She was raised as a street rat. She cleans up real good, but the stench is always on her. Thats why i dont mind her being leader of the morlocks or her more gully momenta

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men #19 :damn:

I hope The Children are the new X-Men's team first mission because that too big of a problem to let it sit for 10 months like Hickman initially did with The Vault.

fukked up how
Synch ends up as the only one remembering all those years (fukking centuries) inside the Vault :mjcry:

Him and Laura gotta be in the new X-Men team, I mean they better...

Also, I don't read X-Men Legends but issue #2 had the Summers family tree...
daR8Va6.jpg