Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Brehs, I just looked up some info to see what Ultimate Reed Richards aka The Maker been up to lately......I did not know he was in a conflict with Venom that led to him getting his own symbiote that allowed him to do inter dimensional travel, to essentially go back to the Ultimate Universe. He got there and saw that it was in RUINS. The same Ultimate Universe we saw that was brought back at the end of Spider-Men 2. The Maker of course was happy to see this.

:damn:
The symbiote allows for cross dimensional travel :wow:

I wonder how they’ll tie back into what the Maker is doing in the ultimate universe.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dr. Doom is joining The Guardians of The Galaxy!:gladbron:

Et-YY8mWYAclMDr

I had grown kinda meh on GotG but with Al Ewing taking over the writing of the book and adding not only Doom but The Super Skrull and the real Quasar has got me back interested in this book.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
-As expected, they are still doing an X-Corp book, an announcement should be made soon.

x9ArGm0.jpg

The deals have been made. Mutantkind is safe on Krakoa. As the 'Reign of X' continues, what are the wants of the mutants who have everything?
Leading the charge is X-CORPORATION, headed by CXOs Monet St. Croix and Warren Worthington, a duo as cutthroat and ruthless in the boardroom as they are on a battlefield.
But X-Corp needs more than just its figureheads. As Monet sets out to staff their team with some of the brightest and most deviant minds in mutantkind, Warren finds himself in a tense confrontation with one of Krakoa's first allies who wants to know the truth: on Angel's wings, will X-Corp crash or soar?

X-Corp #1 goes on sale on May 12, from Excalibur writer Tini Howard who will be joined by Dan Dare artist Alberto Foche (making his Marvel debut) with a cover by David Aja.

uRmA6I4.jpg

In1A7ia.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On June 22nd DC will be celebrating John Stewart's 50th anniversary with the release of 'Green Lantern: John Stewart – A Celebration of 50 Years'

YuHbbIQ.jpg

The book will feature original essays by co-creator Neal Adams, the character's voice actor for many cartoons Phil LaMarr, and comic writers John Ridley and Geoff Johns as well as the following stories:

Green Lantern Vol. 2 #87 'Beware my Power!' by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams
Green Lantern Vol. 2 #182 'It's a Dirty Job, But...!' by Len Wein and Dave Gibbons
Green Lantern Vol. 2 #185 'In Blackest Day' by Wein and Gibbons
Green Lantern Vol. 3 #74 'Stand' by Ron Marz and Darryl Banks
Green Lantern Vol. 3 #156 'Walking Tall' by Judd Winick and Dale Eaglesham
Green Lantern Vol. 4 #49 'Semper Fi' by Geoff Johns, Ed Benes, and Marcos Marz
Justice League Vol. 4 #40 'Invasion of the Supermen, Part 1: Impact' by Robert Venditti and Doug Mahnke
Justice League of America #110 'The Man Who Murdered Santa Claus' by Wein and dikk Dillin​

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
x9ArGm0.jpg

The deals have been made. Mutantkind is safe on Krakoa. As the 'Reign of X' continues, what are the wants of the mutants who have everything?
Leading the charge is X-CORPORATION, headed by CXOs Monet St. Croix and Warren Worthington, a duo as cutthroat and ruthless in the boardroom as they are on a battlefield.
But X-Corp needs more than just its figureheads. As Monet sets out to staff their team with some of the brightest and most deviant minds in mutantkind, Warren finds himself in a tense confrontation with one of Krakoa's first allies who wants to know the truth: on Angel's wings, will X-Corp crash or soar?

X-Corp #1 goes on sale on May 12, from Excalibur writer Tini Howard who will be joined by Dan Dare artist Alberto Foche (making his Marvel debut) with a cover by David Aja.

uRmA6I4.jpg

In1A7ia.jpg

fukking Tini Howard :scust: Hickman likes her too much :francis:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
How was Thanos resurrected? All I remember was Gamora offing him.

this one could have come from anywhere or anywhen.

Gotta remember Thor already seen a prophecy with Thanos and zombies while he got the IG and Thor's hammer (:lupe: which.... reminds me how plausible it is NOW... since anybody can pick it up)

keJ_CuBdrX_mLyZRhDLor1oap4i1epwE6bsYGMvCb35deiCUrpIhWqcyRFTLTu39TVR_TQT5o7a6K4i4-E5Ctln7Ee_Wbxxj90XfdCNIMy34MPC-wXUaXVdP36lnLn_QoBkl-_l_UQ=s1600

And besides... it's Thanos. This could've been a Thanos from 12,000 years ago on a failed expidition. All it would've taken was Ikaris to be like ":demonic: you want smoke?"

Thanos: ":mjtf: do I look dead to you? "

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
this one could have come from anywhere or anywhen.

Gotta remember Thor already seen a prophecy with Thanos and zombies while he got the IG and Thor's hammer (:lupe: which.... reminds me how plausible it is NOW... since anybody can pick it up)

keJ_CuBdrX_mLyZRhDLor1oap4i1epwE6bsYGMvCb35deiCUrpIhWqcyRFTLTu39TVR_TQT5o7a6K4i4-E5Ctln7Ee_Wbxxj90XfdCNIMy34MPC-wXUaXVdP36lnLn_QoBkl-_l_UQ=s1600

And besides... it's Thanos. This could've been a Thanos from 12,000 years ago on a failed expidition. All it would've taken was Ikaris to be like ":demonic: you want smoke?"

Thanos: ":mjtf: do I look dead to you? "

Where’s that picture from? I don’t remember hearing/reading about the Thor stuff.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
x9ArGm0.jpg

uRmA6I4.jpg

In1A7ia.jpg

more Shoujo comics where all the men are rich and/or sexy (except the outcasts), all the women are flawless and there's a constant romanticized sexual tension in the air at all times

:mjgrin: I'm here for it

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Marvel only used Thanos in Eternals for a book? Literally only a half a book. :skip:

Didn’t really care for the first 2 issues. Think I’ll pass on this series.

I'll admit it's a blatant cash grab with possible movie tie-ins.

edit: actually, I hate when they use Thanos as a cash grab for possible movie tie-ins.