Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Aye brehs, does anyone in the Marvel Universe remember “The Incursions” “Time Runs Out” and “Secret Wars”?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Halfway done with Doomsday Clock. I’m :unimpressed:

Who are these clown people and the new Rorschach? Are they new characters? If so, I don’t give a damn about the former. Rorschach is okay, I guess.

Oh boy if you are already :unimpressed: with those characters.... :lolbron:

The story does get better in the 2nd half but there's at least 3 or 4 issues from the first half that could've been condensed into 1 considering what the book ended up being.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Halfway done with Doomsday Clock. I’m :unimpressed:

Who are these clown people and the new Rorschach? Are they new characters? If so, I don’t give a damn about the former. Rorschach is okay, I guess.
The new Rorschach is the son of the court appointed psychiatrist who was assigned to (and became fixated on) the OG Rorschach in the Watchmen GN.
Marionette & Mime are supposed to be existing characters who were nemeses of Dr. Manhattan and Nightshade. They were created for the Doomsday Clock series though.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, I just looked up some info to see what Ultimate Reed Richards aka The Maker been up to lately......I did not know he was in a conflict with Venom that led to him getting his own symbiote that allowed him to do inter dimensional travel, to essentially go back to the Ultimate Universe. He got there and saw that it was in RUINS. The same Ultimate Universe we saw that was brought back at the end of Spider-Men 2. The Maker of course was happy to see this.

:damn:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to the Eternals so this Gillen book has me :dwillhuh: at least half the time. Still, it's pretty damn compelling. Is the story about Mentor, the war and Thanos birth a retcon or has it always been this way? @TheGodling @Jello Biafra Also, I remember Ribic's weakness being human faces (they are inconsistent as fukk, they go from great to incredibly generic and same-y) but I didn't remember him drawing everyone like the Molecule Man :dead:

Only read S.W.O.R.D. 3 on the mutant side and shyt, Manifold DOES NOT teleport :ufdup:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to the Eternals so this Gillben book has me :dwillhuh: at least half the time. Still, it's pretty damn compelling. Is the story about Mentor, the war and Thanos birth a retcon or has it always been this way? @TheGodling @Jello Biafra Also, I remember Ribic's weakness being human faces (they are inconsistent as fukk, they go from great to incredibly generic and same-y) but I didn't remember him drawing everyone like the Molecule Man :dead:

Only read S.W.O.R.D. 3 on the mutant side and shyt, Manifold DOES NOT teleport :ufdup:
The only thing that is news to me is the part about Mentor and Sui San being part of The Great Machine after they died but all the other stuff is pretty much what happened.

And Ribic draws some of the most fugly faces in all of comics. It was bad enough he drew Ikaris as looking like Mickey Rourke when the guy is supposed to be handsome but he made Sersi look like the Asian lady from Mad TV.

The explanation of Manifold's powers took him from just another teleporter to one of the most powerful dudes in Marvel Comics.