Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk all these continuity ignoring wannabe big event writers. All chasing pop culture clout hoping the asinine bullshyt retcons they come up with will stick around.

That’s why I'll forever have Morrison in my top 3 because unless he's handed the keys (and even when he's handed the keys) he works in a continuity bubble that will outlast all these 'in-the-moment' writers whose books will become outdated three months from now.

'I'm rereading Book X. That great Y storyline from 2 years ago. You know, during that period when Z was not a mutant and W was the inheritant of the Phoenix Force, and V was U at the time because Kang switched them out as babies...'

:francis:

*They :ufdup:

The Green Lantern Writer Grant Morrison Comes Out as Non-Binary (cbr.com)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Immortal Hulk 43 , Venom 33, and Hellions 9 were dope reads. :ehh:

IH43
Jade jaws said fukk the police :wow:
AL Ewing really knows how to characterize each persona of Banner so well he's really paying great homage to Peter David with this run.

[/spoiler]

Immortal Hulk: It's funny... the U-Foes wouldn't even be a threat until now. This Fixit arc has been fun as hell.

You guys see that Joe Bennett is getting called an anti-semite for this panel in the latest issue:
cUvjjBG.jpg

He was trying to do a nod to David Cronenberg with the name of jewelry store but he spelled Cronenberg as "Cronemberg" and then spelled jewelry as "Jewery". It was just a simple mistake that his editor should've spotted but now he's getting ripped for it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I give much props to writers like Morrison who will take some one off story from like 1983 and use what happened in it to create some major moments/changes in a characters history.

That requires skill and hard work. What Aaron is doing is basically bad fan fiction.
Most writers are like: 'How I can create a career defining story twist to a long-established character that I'll always be remembered for?' :patrice:

Meanwhile Morrison be like: 'You remember that Silver Age issue where Flash was shot into space and he returned when he retreived his rocket by outracing a Turtle-Rabbit hybrid on planet XarxxoX? No? Well, that motherfukker is back now!' :mjgrin:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
You guys see that Joe Bennett is getting called an anti-semite for this panel in the latest issue:
cUvjjBG.jpg

He was trying to do a nod to David Cronenberg with the name of jewelry store but he spelled Cronenberg as "Cronemberg" and then spelled jewelry as "Jewery". It was just a simple mistake that his editor should've spotted but now he's getting ripped for it.

Niagra Falls is a slanty name cause Niagra is a weak pantomime for Nigra, and Falls is a reference to, well.... falls.

See how easy it is?

a little Pareidolia is a wonderful thing. :mjgrin:

edit: before somebody looks it up, yes I may or may not have it as a mental subset.

But we ain't talking about me. :ufdup:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
X-Factor: Leave Madrox the fukk alone. This issue made me realize why I actually like the series, despite the HORRIBLE.... can I call them "cuts"> like when you're watching tv or film and the scenes switch jarringly from one to the other?

yeah, horrible cuts.

But yeah. X-Factor reads like shoujo manga (not an EXCELLENT one, but a good one. Think somewhere between Ouran Host Club and Banana Fish). It's legit a series written by a girl for girls who are fans of the shyt that she likes.

If you know me or been in the anime/manga threads, I'm here for it. :mjgrin:

But I TOTALLY understand why a lotta folks wouldnt be. :whoa::hubie::whoa::hubie::whoa::hubie:

Props to R=C for the Morrigan shyt. Honestly, I have no idea who that is. It's a rarity to see some shyt so obscure Ithat even I don't know about.
All that scene with Madrox did was annoy me.
For one he should be a part of this team if not leading it. And secondly we are supposed to believe that Siryn is in trouble and Madrox would just be like :manny: ?

Edit: oh.... and Dazzler was here. And looking (semi)normal.

you still got fans, girl. :mjcry:
Dazzler has always felt like a bad fit for the X-Universe.

I've had this idea of her being part of a new West Coast Avengers team for awhile. Long story short its revealed that the a$$hole Beast in the X-books has really been Dark Beast and once the real Beast is found he tells the X-Men to kick rocks for not realizing that something was wrong with the guy they thought was The Beast.
So he leaves Krakoa and decides to bring a little joy back into his life by going to back to super-heroing with his plan being to form a West Coast Avengers team made up mostly of his homies. So the team would be Wonder Man, Dazzler (they used to bone briefly), Hellcat, Scarlet Witch and a couple other non-X Universe people that Hank is cool with that he recruits.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hellions went from :laff: to :demonic: in record time :wow:

Leah Williams still writes too fukking much in X-Factor but at least it's more dialogue based since XoS and not so much exposition heavy as the first couple of issues. The book is fine, but the premise of the team feels like we should be getting more compelling shyt. At least the Morrigan stuff is intriguing I guess :yeshrug:

Marvel revealed the Hellfire Gala is in fukking June and the voting results for the new X-Men team would be revealed there. I guess they felt like waiting for King in Black to finish to get to it but it's feels like an unnecessary long wait :francis:
We can check the voting on their site and Polaris has been housing the competition so it's not like it will be a big surprise whenshe's announced as being the new X-Men member.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While we're on the subject of Morrison tho, I haven't even read most of the new books for the last two weeks because I was trying to finish up my 'Month of Morrison' reading list.

Finished the Morrison/Waid runs of JLA the other night and I'm halfway through the New X-Men omnibus. :whoo:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
All that scene with Madrox did was annoy me.
For one he should be a part of this team if not leading it. And secondly we are supposed to believe that Siryn is in trouble and Madrox would just be like :manny: ?

Dazzler has always felt like a bad fit for the X-Universe.

I've had this idea of her being part of a new West Coast Avengers team for awhile. Long story short its revealed that the a$$hole Beast in the X-books has really been Dark Beast and once the real Beast is found he tells the X-Men to kick rocks for not realizing that something was wrong with the guy they thought was The Beast.
So he leaves Krakoa and decides to bring a little joy back into his life by going to back to super-heroing with his plan being to form a West Coast Avengers team made up mostly of his homies. So the team would be Wonder Man, Dazzler (they used to bone briefly), Hellcat, Scarlet Witch and a couple other non-X Universe people that Hank is cool with that he recruits.

:ohhh: I like it. it further fleshes out the team.

what other non-X people would you add?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
cUvjjBG.jpg

They said Joe Bennet has said some anti-LBTQ shyt and antisemetic stuff in his social media in the past.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
We can check the voting on their site and Polaris has been housing the competition so it's not like it will be a big surprise whenshe's announced as being the new X-Men member.

It's not about the vote but the fact that the new team will be functional in 5 more months, that's a long ass time when there's not much going on in mutantdom.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:ohhh: I like it. it further fleshes out the team.

what other non-X people would you add?
My idea is basically it would be Beast wanting to be surrounded by his friends doing the superhero thing so it would include people he was close with outside of the X-Men so the folks I mentioned and maybe a couple people from his time with The Defenders too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's not about the vote but the fact that the new team will be functional in 5 more months, that's a long ass time when there's not much going on in mutantdom.
Are there any more crossovers happening after the Heroes Reborn thing? That might cover the delay.